Travis

F1
Frenchygirl
Frenchygirl Posted Sun 21 Oct, 2007 4:35 PM Quote
I tell you : Raikkonen is gonna win this Championship!!!

I'll be back later!

Re: F1
AbsolutPurple
AbsolutPurple Posted Sun 21 Oct, 2007 4:36 PM Quote
Alonso !!!!!!!!!!

Frenchygirl
Frenchygirl Posted Sun 21 Oct, 2007 4:37 PM Quote
rrooo! No! Raikkonen!

lol

Darran
Darran Posted Sun 21 Oct, 2007 6:34 PM Quote
WOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOO

http://i12.tinypic.com/4l435ux.jpg

Screw you Ron Dennis.

Gladly (the cross-eyed bear)
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) Posted Sun 21 Oct, 2007 6:39 PM Quote
Well done Raikonnen. McLaren really screwed that one up.

Frenchygirl
Frenchygirl Posted Sun 21 Oct, 2007 6:47 PM Quote
Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh !!

Kimi I love you!! Haha! So good!!

the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Sun 21 Oct, 2007 8:01 PM Quote
Frenchygirl wrote:
I tell you : Raikkonen is gonna win this Championship!!!

I'll be back later!

That was some prediction!

This is turning into a pretty bad weekend - first our rugby team is quite soundly beaten, then Lewis Hamilton makes a mistake and bang goes our sporting glory for another decade or so!

Raikkonen deserved to win the title some year, but it feels a bit wrong at the moment - he hasn't been a proper contender since about Malaysia. At least there's no 'tainted winner' because of McLaren's 'illegal' car.

Why are Brits so bad at winning?

the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Sun 21 Oct, 2007 8:04 PM Quote
"Lewis simply had British luck today and that was always going to be his biggest enemy."

Lol, kinda sums it up really! But Kimi did a great job to finish it off. Pity he can't look happy properly though :(

PS. My poor thread! Now it looks very stupid.

anace
anace Posted Sun 21 Oct, 2007 9:53 PM Quote
Darran wrote:
WOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOO

http://i12.tinypic.com/4l435ux.jpg

Screw you Ron Dennis.

Sums it up! :D

mili
mili Posted Mon 22 Oct, 2007 7:07 AM Quote
the boy with a cryptic name wrote:
"Lewis simply had British luck today and that was always going to be his biggest enemy."

Lol, kinda sums it up really! But Kimi did a great job to finish it off. Pity he can't look happy properly though :(

Kimi is famous for not smiling, after all his nick name is Iceman.
A sports news presenter on Finnish tv had a class of bubbly yesterday to celebrate the victory and people were shouting outside. He's a national hero now.

Don't worry, Hamilton's day will come. He's only young and on his first season, after all.

Monica
Monica Posted Mon 22 Oct, 2007 3:13 PM Quote
I am soooooooooo happy Hamilton didn't win the championship!!!!!!!!!!!!! Everyone in Spain is happy because of that. It is true that Alonso didn't win, but the team treated him this year so bad and it is incredible he got 109 points (the same that Hamilton). He didn't deserve the way Ron Dennis and the other people in McLaren treated him during the season, a man who has win two championships, and who has developed the car so much (do you remember McLaren last year? and do you remember Reanult last year?). If Alonso wouldn't be this year in McLaren, I'm sure Lewis position would be very different at the end of the year.
Anyway, congratulations Kimi!

Gladly (the cross-eyed bear)
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) Posted Mon 22 Oct, 2007 3:38 PM Quote
To be fair Monica. He did cost them 50 million dollars in fines.He didnt do himself any favours.

Monica
Monica Posted Mon 22 Oct, 2007 4:06 PM Quote
The worst thing Alonso did was moving from Renault and going to McLaren. And the fines were not only just because of the Spanish.... But it's clear that British and I will never agree :D

Natasa
Natasa Posted Mon 22 Oct, 2007 5:28 PM Quote
Monica wrote:
He didn't deserve the way Ron Dennis and the other people in McLaren treated him during the season, a man who has win two championships, and who has developed the car so much (do you remember McLaren last year? and do you remember Reanult last year?).

Alonso improved the car?Nooope,it was McLaren who just had better cars than last year.

And he won 2 championships,so what?Should he be treated like a king or something?

I found it good that Alonso came to McLaren this year though I didn't want Kimi to leave,cause I saw Alonso was a good drievr,but wtf,he acted like a jerk and thank God he's leaving the team..

Well done to Kimi anyway,I've been waiting for that day for many years!And Hamilton has a great future in front of him!

Monica
Monica Posted Mon 22 Oct, 2007 6:53 PM Quote
Yeah, what a coincidence! Renault last year won the two championships, and this year, tell me, what have the Reanults done? Absolutely nothing. Last year, McLaren did not win even ONE race, and this year, they've improved the car a lot. And you think Alonso has nothing to do with that?
And I didn't say that Alonso deserved to be treated as a king, but the truth is that, he was the champion, and the team chose to support the newbie, instead of the champion. We say in Spanish: sow winds and you'll pick temps, and that's what happened in McLaren this year. They could have everything, but now they hove NOTHING.

Pages [1] 2 Next All Times BST Current Time 6:13 PM