Travis

Andy's E-Bow
Nikki
Nikki Posted Mon 15 Oct, 2007 12:24 AM Quote
When we saw Travis live in July, my boyfriend and I noticed that Andy is now using an E-Bow. (I think he used it during Closer). My boyfriend bought one yesterday (it was like $70!), but you can do so many cool things with it! Is this new...or has he been using it for a while now?

For those who don't know what an E-bow is: it's a hand-held, battery-powered electronic device for playing the electric guitar instead of having the strings hit by fingers or a pick, they are moved by the electromagnetic field created by the device, producing a sound reminiscent of using a bow on the strings.

Re: Andy's E-Bow
RaZzZ
RaZzZ Posted Mon 15 Oct, 2007 12:53 AM Quote
Nikki wrote:
When we saw Travis live in July, my boyfriend and I noticed that Andy is now using an E-Bow. (I think he used it during Closer). My boyfriend bought one yesterday (it was like $70!), but you can do so many cool things with it! Is this new...or has he been using it for a while now?

For those who don't know what an E-bow is: it's a hand-held, battery-powered electronic device for playing the electric guitar instead of having the strings hit by fingers or a pick, they are moved by the electromagnetic field created by the device, producing a sound reminiscent of using a bow on the strings.

I agree. I have it, is awazome...

You can play with the ebow instead hit the strings with a pic. The E bow have vibration and produce what the guitar plays like some effects.

Andy use E bow in closer and others songs, (as you are, i think)

Andy use too a plastic tube in Big Chair to make a slide...

hail_fran
hail_fran Posted Mon 15 Oct, 2007 12:52 PM Quote
i have one they're amazing wee things. when i saw travis live in nottingham andy used it in closer and also in slide show. was looking at At The Palace earlier, think he uses it in quicksand aswell.

the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Mon 15 Oct, 2007 8:38 PM Quote
Where there's an object there's a wikipedia page.

I think Andy only started using one during this album's recording, am I right?
And I'm sure that wiki page had a special mention of Travis when I last looked, but it's gone now :(

Nikki
Nikki Posted Mon 15 Oct, 2007 9:31 PM Quote
Thanks! Didn't realize Andy used the E-Bow on that many songs. I don't remember him using it on As You Are...at least not in Detroit. But he might. Anyway, you guys are so right! It's a really an awesome little device...my boyfriend already started recording some stuff. It sounds amazing!

It takes some getting used to though...at least for me it did. I'm not as good as he is :/ But it's still fun!

Back to work....

Sky-Blue Puppy
Sky-Blue Puppy Posted Tue 16 Oct, 2007 9:59 AM Quote
the boy with a cryptic name wrote:
And I'm sure that wiki page had a special mention of Travis when I last looked, but it's gone now :(

do you mean this line on that page:
"Andy Dunlop of Travis has recently started using an EBow and features on the song "Closer"."

: )

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 10:32 AM