Travis

The Lewis Hamilton Appreciation thread
the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Sat 06 Oct, 2007 9:19 PM Quote
Whether on not he wins the world championship in a few hours, he has done an amazing job. He's rattled so many previously unrattleable people and really shown what pure, raw talent can do when removed from the games and politics everyone else *cough* Alonso *cough* has been caught up in.

I have been a fan of F1 for a few years and while, in retrospect, Schumi's last world title and last race were a big event, they didn't feel like it at the time. This feels like history is being made as we watch. Good luck Lewis!

Re: The Lewis Hamilton Appreciation thread
Hanne
Hanne Posted Sat 06 Oct, 2007 9:32 PM Quote
It'll be nice to finally get a World Champion who isn't called Schumacher :o)

Natasa
Natasa Posted Sun 07 Oct, 2007 9:08 AM Quote
Thumbs up for Lewis!

He really is so talented and deserves the title,so good luck to him! :)

the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Sun 07 Oct, 2007 10:16 AM Quote
This is why you should never try to anticipate results :)
I really hope he does it in Brazil, I'll resurrect this thread then :)

mili
mili Posted Sun 07 Oct, 2007 2:38 PM Quote
Even though I root for Kimi (being a Finn, too), I don't mind if Hamilton wins, he's doing a good job.

Natasa
Natasa Posted Sun 07 Oct, 2007 5:16 PM Quote
mili wrote:
Even though I root for Kimi (being a Finn, too), I don't mind if Hamilton wins, he's doing a good job.

Kimi is the BEST

But as a McLaren fan I support Hamilton too! ;)

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sun 07 Oct, 2007 7:39 PM Quote

hahahahaahhaahahahahahahaha

serves him fucking right arrogant little sh!t

Dubz

Gladly (the cross-eyed bear)
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) Posted Sun 07 Oct, 2007 10:51 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:

Dubz

There you go folks.An example of the typical fucking loser attitude that rules in this country.

Well done Dubs keep it up , that comment says more about you than anybody could.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Mon 08 Oct, 2007 7:09 AM Quote
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) wrote:
Scottish Dubliner wrote:

Dubz

There you go folks.An example of the typical fucking loser attitude that rules in this country.

Well done Dubs keep it up , that comment says more about you than anybody could.

First of all I'm not in your Country,

Secondly, I'm not entitled to an opinion ???

I happen to think he's an arrogant little shit (my opinion) also I refuse to buy into the Bullshit (again my opinion) that he's worked exceedingly harder than anyone else in the history of Motor Racing to get where he is, Eccleston knows F1 has been hitting a slump for the past few years and this is just the sort of thing to spice it up, I personally think he's probably being encouraged at the moment but if people want to believe the hype surrounding him then be my guest, Just please don't resort to name calling when someone disagrees with you?? Also be careful what you wish for, does F1 really need another Schumaker??, if this guy is as good as the hype suggests (and if I'm wrong, I'll apologise) he'll be winning Grand Prix's for the next 10 fucking years, is that waht you want??

That was my point but I thought hahahahahahaha sounded better :)

Dubz
Nemo me Impune Lacessit

Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) Posted Mon 08 Oct, 2007 11:01 AM Quote
A pedantic reply.

You are from my country, you may no longer live here but you are from my country. My point was about the the british attitude to doing well. As a nation its a very typical attitude to see someone who is doing well as being arrogant.I havent seen any evidence of this where Hamilton is concerned but if you can point out exmaples to me, iam willing to take them on board.

He hasnt said he is any better or has worked any harder than anybody else. If that has been said by anybody its completely media driven.
I dont have to tell a Scotsman how the supposed British media can be jingoistic and go over the top about one of its own (1966 anyone?)

As for name calling thats not strictly true. I pointed out your attitiude was typical of the loser attitude that loves to knock people in this country.
We have greater love for a trier rather than somebody who is actually achieving something. If he wins for the next 10 years then good on him i say.

Darran
Darran Posted Mon 08 Oct, 2007 11:27 AM Quote
Lewis is an arrogant twerp who drives for a team of arrogant people.

Ron Dennis has made Lewis the little ignorant shit he is.
If any other driver drove as erraticly as Hamilton they would have been hauled before the stewards long ago.

Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) Posted Mon 08 Oct, 2007 11:31 AM Quote
I'll ask you the same question. Give me examples of him being arrogant.

Darran
Darran Posted Mon 08 Oct, 2007 11:42 AM Quote
Moaning about leaving the UK because the media have the audacity to take his picture when he goes out in London or people ask him for his autograph.

Tough shit, you'll be the one crying out for people in a few years when your in a shit team struggling down the grid and no one is interested in you finishing 15th.

Punish me and I'll quit F1

And? There are another 21 drivers other than you Lewis, F1 can carry on without you.

Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) Posted Mon 08 Oct, 2007 11:48 AM Quote
Try reading beyond headlines :) What pissed him off was how pictures were taken and then stories were made up to make a sensational story.

The quit thing : Being pissed off about the poilitics he has been dragged in to in a sport when all you want to do is drive is not being arrogant

Darran
Darran Posted Mon 08 Oct, 2007 12:01 PM Quote
I'm surprised he didn't wait in his car for the crane to lift him back on yesterday.

Who cares if I could cause a huge accident, I'm LEWiS HAMILTON.

Pages [1] 2 Next All Times BST Current Time 6:28 PM