Travis

Re: Which Travis CD should I buy?
Gypsy
Gypsy Posted Fri 05 Oct, 2007 7:08 PM Quote
Thanks again :-) :-) You seem a nice buncha guys. I gotta few questions aboot the board so I guess I will use the other Index . Cheers

the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Fri 05 Oct, 2007 7:26 PM Quote
Hi there, and welcome to the board!
I bought The Man Who first, and I think it's a great album to start with. I've never really liked singles compilations, I never listen to them as much as normal albums.
Hope you like whichever one you decide on!

the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Fri 05 Oct, 2007 7:30 PM Quote
If you're a bit short of cash, have a look here. Just whack Travis into the search box :)
Also, this is a very good price for Singles from HMV, maybe you could buy two albums for that much!

lidia_bj
lidia_bj Posted Fri 05 Oct, 2007 8:37 PM Quote
The man who!!! it's a great album!!!

Taralyn
Taralyn Posted Fri 05 Oct, 2007 10:49 PM Quote
Another thought try ebay

Niftium
Niftium Posted Mon 08 Oct, 2007 10:20 PM Quote
Not to pick on anyone in particular, but I think "Singles" is an awful idea. You're spoiling yourself, plus you're taking these great songs completely out of the context they were originally in as a part of the album they were on.

I'd say work backwards. Bands change their sound little by little in a progressive fashion. If you liked "TBWNN," you'll probably like "12 Memories," but there's no guarantee at all that you'll like "Good Feeling." So I'd recommend that you pick them up in reverse chronological order.

Somewhere Else
Somewhere Else Posted Mon 08 Oct, 2007 10:33 PM Quote
Niftium wrote:
Not to pick on anyone in particular, but I think "Singles" is an awful idea. You're spoiling yourself, plus you're taking these great songs completely out of the context they were originally in as a part of the album they were on.

I'd say work backwards. Bands change their sound little by little in a progressive fashion. If you liked "TBWNN," you'll probably like "12 Memories," but there's no guarantee at all that you'll like "Good Feeling." So I'd recommend that you pick them up in reverse chronological order.

I think I would second that. The atmospheres of the individual albums are better listened to , first off, preferably. As a later Travis Fan , I didn't like Good Feeling as much as the others when I got round to it, but then it 'Got me' and now I think it's a 'mood ' thing , when I am choosing which to play. I like TBWNN the best , at the moment .

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Tue 09 Oct, 2007 1:22 PM Quote
You obviously enjoyed The Boy... otherwise you wouldn't be wanting more albums. I'd say either The Man Who or my personal favourite, The Invisible Band. After you've got them 2, get Good Feeling and then 12 Memories. Take your time with each album and take it in before you move onto the next. Have fun. :)

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Wed 10 Oct, 2007 3:57 AM Quote
wouldn't hurt to get hit me baby one more time EP

Gypsy
Gypsy Posted Wed 10 Oct, 2007 7:39 AM Quote
Hey , thank you all for sharing , cool, thanks.

Peewee
Peewee Posted Wed 10 Oct, 2007 3:31 PM Quote
As someone new to the albums I would say get the Singles to give you the basic rundown of "popular" Travis hits, then definitely get the rest of their albums as there are brilliant gems on all for them!

Good Luck and hope you really enjoy them! :)

Pages Previous 1 [2] All Times BST Current Time 10:03 PM