Travis

mp3 making
the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Wed 03 Oct, 2007 8:45 PM Quote
How do you get files which don't skip between songs, for example, if you record a gig and split it into tracks, there are little gaps added to the end of each track (when I do it anyway :s) Can you prevent this, and how? Btw, I use Audacity for this kind of thing. Thanks :)

Re: mp3 making
Lucile
Lucile Posted Wed 03 Oct, 2007 9:40 PM Quote
It's because of the mp3 format, it's so compressed that it creates tiny gaps in between tracks. To prevent it, you should transfer the block track as a .wav file to your pc and split the tracks using nero audio editor. That way you'll get a smooth audio recording. What kind of recording device do you use?

the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Thu 04 Oct, 2007 9:31 PM Quote
Thanks for the reply :)
Nero looks a bit too good for me! A bit expensive too, I don't do this kind of thing much.
Thanks for the advice and reasons about the mp3 format. I think I'll just carry on doing it the same if there's no quick fix. Thanks anyway!

Andrew
Andrew Posted Thu 04 Oct, 2007 9:45 PM Quote
I'm not sure if there's a way to prevent it adding gaps when you're splitting the tracks but you can definitely do stuff to prevent them when listening back to the mp3s

What you want is 'gapless playback' and a quick google should find you plenty of resources.

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 2:41 PM