Travis

Re: Advice over the interweb
Lemon Grinner
Lemon Grinner Posted Wed 03 Oct, 2007 9:57 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
Screaming "FUCK OFF" at someone ?? Picking your nose?? Mooning the Camera???

Aaaaahhhh, the penny has just dropped, sorry. Yup probably best left to the archives.

Dubz

Here's another picture, I am wearing stuff in it tho hahaha.

I'm feeling a bit exhibitionist today.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Wed 03 Oct, 2007 10:04 PM Quote
http://homepage.mac.com/lawrencedavid/cuteanimals/baby_tiger_surprised_face.jpg

Very em.. cute, hahaha

Dubz

Lemon Grinner
Lemon Grinner Posted Wed 03 Oct, 2007 10:05 PM Quote
I miss my corset, I might wear it for halloween. Fuck yeah!

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Wed 03 Oct, 2007 10:08 PM Quote
Lemon Grinner wrote:

Yeah a whole "Rocky Horror" thing going on??

Dubz

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Wed 03 Oct, 2007 10:09 PM Quote
Lemon Grinner wrote:

you guys celebrate halloween ?

Lemon Grinner
Lemon Grinner Posted Wed 03 Oct, 2007 10:11 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
Lemon Grinner wrote:

Yeah a whole "Rocky Horror" thing going on??

Dubz

Well last year I wore that and a pair of knickers and some stockings. But I think I've put on weight since, bloody fucking food and booze. Lovely booze.

goosey_84
goosey_84 Posted Wed 03 Oct, 2007 10:14 PM Quote
ricv64 wrote:
Carnal still used ?

by veteranos maybe!

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Wed 03 Oct, 2007 10:14 PM Quote
Yeah, Booze is greta but it does turn you into a fat git!! and it sorta destroys your braincells...

http://www.lindisfarne.de/covers/lf-singles/gazza_f.jpg

Hhahahaha

Dubz

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Wed 03 Oct, 2007 10:15 PM Quote
goosey_84 wrote:
ricv64 wrote:
Carnal still used ?

by veteranos maybe!

The Scottish Artist???

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Wed 03 Oct, 2007 10:20 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
goosey_84 wrote:
ricv64 wrote:
Carnal still used ?

by veteranos maybe!

The Scottish Artist???

she means , old fuckers

goosey_84
goosey_84 Posted Wed 03 Oct, 2007 10:21 PM Quote
chale Ric...i meant old cholos! haha

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Wed 03 Oct, 2007 10:37 PM Quote
yeah , same thing

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Wed 03 Oct, 2007 10:43 PM Quote

Found some Half Man Half Biscuit....

Shit Video , great song, check out the lyrics...

Paintball's Coming Home

Dubz

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Thu 04 Oct, 2007 3:49 AM Quote
Dubz, back to your original post. I don't completely disagree with you and I get some of the points you are making but I want to point out that it's not always a pathetic attention seeking thing.

Have you ever had a profound conversation with a stranger? I have. I know random people that I've never seen again have said things that really resonated with me and made me reconsider a stance I had on something or consider how I was approaching some aspect of my life. I know at least one instance where I really helped out this random person I met in a bar. He started spilling about watching his wife die a few months before. It could have been some pathetic creepy moment but it was really lovely and he emailed me later saying how much it helped him to share that with a stranger.

While no one here knows me the way my non-web friends know me, I think some have a sense of me and I feel I have a sense about some boardies. Wouldn't then we be able to offer a fresh perspective as someone who knows you but is still sort of an outsider?

Sometimes I think that presenting some problem to outsiders can help you get to the root of it and get a really objective perspective that isn't clouded by a relationship - it can simply be about the issue.

Of course people are going to do what they're going to do- whether they ask for advice or not. Sometimes people need a little reassurance. Look how many advise columns there are out there.

It's totally your business whether you think it's sad if someone needs it - on or offline- but I think it's fairly common for people to need a little nudge. And yeah, maybe they should be looking to their real life friends for that but maybe they still need another push or they didn't like the answer they got so they are seeking a second opinion.

Just some different thoughts. Again, I think you had lots of valid points.

Nikki
Nikki Posted Thu 04 Oct, 2007 3:56 AM Quote
weirdmominaustin wrote:
Dubz, back to your original post. I don't completely disagree with you and I get some of the points you are making but I want to point out that it's not always a pathetic attention seeking thing.

Have you ever had a profound conversation with a stranger? I have. I know random people that I've never seen again have said things that really resonated with me and made me reconsider a stance I had on something or consider how I was approaching some aspect of my life. I know at least one instance where I really helped out this random person I met in a bar. He started spilling about watching his wife die a few months before. It could have been some pathetic creepy moment but it was really lovely and he emailed me later saying how much it helped him to share that with a stranger.

While no one here knows me the way my non-web friends know me, I think some have a sense of me and I feel I have a sense about some boardies. Wouldn't then we be able to offer a fresh perspective as someone who knows you but is still sort of an outsider?

Sometimes I think that presenting some problem to outsiders can help you get to the root of it and get a really objective perspective that isn't clouded by a relationship - it can simply be about the issue.

Of course people are going to do what they're going to do- whether they ask for advice or not. Sometimes people need a little reassurance. Look how many advise columns there are out there.

It's totally your business whether you think it's sad if someone needs it - on or offline- but I think it's fairly common for people to need a little nudge. And yeah, maybe they should be looking to their real life friends for that but maybe they still need another push or they didn't like the answer they got so they are seeking a second opinion.

Just some different thoughts. Again, I think you had lots of valid points.

I totally agree.

Pages Previous 1 2 3 [4] All Times BST Current Time 10:38 AM