Travis

Advice over the interweb
Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Wed 03 Oct, 2007 7:49 PM Quote

Does anyone actually think that the people on here who have no life (myself included), are the best qualified to give you advice on relationships??

First of all, you are not really gonna take it on board, you'll go do whatever you feel is right anyway.

Secondly, we're all sitting here on the interweb instead of spending time with or finding our so called perfect partner.

Thirdly, I know life is hard and growing up is even harder, and before you think I'm patronizing I'm 34 and still growing up. but fighting through it all and learning how to cope is a part of that, and all this councilling shite is weakening people's resolve.

Just a couple of thoughts...

Dubz

Re: Advice over the interweb
Sunny
Sunny Posted Wed 03 Oct, 2007 7:53 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:

Does anyone actually think that the people on here who have no life (myself included), are the best qualified to give you advice on relationships??

Absolutely not. As you say, you're unlikely to listen to it anyway, as situations and moods change rapidly. What's right for one person may be wrong for another. All you can do is muddle through in your own way.

Gladly (the cross-eyed bear)
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) Posted Wed 03 Oct, 2007 7:53 PM Quote
Dear God i have found a spokesman. I can now retire :)

goosey_84
goosey_84 Posted Wed 03 Oct, 2007 7:56 PM Quote
very good points Dubz...i especially agree that people are going to do what they feel is right anyway...no matter how much advice you give...it's how you learn what works for you.

Esteban
Esteban Posted Wed 03 Oct, 2007 8:05 PM Quote
I think some of it is attention seeking.

Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) Posted Wed 03 Oct, 2007 8:15 PM Quote
Esteban wrote:

No shit LOL

Esteban
Esteban Posted Wed 03 Oct, 2007 8:25 PM Quote
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) wrote:
Esteban wrote:

No shit LOL

I came over with a wave of diplomacy. Humble apologies ;-)

Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) Posted Wed 03 Oct, 2007 8:38 PM Quote
We'll have none of that. Stop it immediately. :)

Tonie
Tonie Posted Wed 03 Oct, 2007 8:42 PM Quote
Esteban wrote:

Someone give that guy an OBE

Although for the record, I said something similar here first, a week or so ago ;)

It's a weird world if people think that a music forum is really the answer to their life and love problems.

But carry asking for help folks, if it does help....it's not doing any harm I guess.

ps. Great thread!

Esteban
Esteban Posted Wed 03 Oct, 2007 8:53 PM Quote
=P Tonie.

When I said some of it is attention seeking, I base that on the fact that Paul posted with a dilemma, but I don't believe that Paul would be attention seeking for the sake of it.

Lemon Grinner
Lemon Grinner Posted Wed 03 Oct, 2007 8:57 PM Quote
I imagine some people find it easier talkin to someone who aint involved. A bit like councilling only over the internet.

Izzit.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Wed 03 Oct, 2007 9:03 PM Quote
Lemon Grinner wrote:
I imagine some people find it easier talkin to someone who aint involved. A bit like councilling only over the internet.

Izzit.

Yeah but why have councilling at all ??, yes when it's needed but these days everyone gets councilling for the least fucking thing!! as Esteban says at times I feel people should just "Grow a Pair" instead of taking the easy way out, councilling usually finds another outlet to blame... oh it was my childhood, or Oh I was from a broken home... Yeah usually you broke it ya fuck!! It's the same the problem with society today, It's always someone elses fault...

Is your kid Hyperactive or is he just a twat?? H.M.H.B.

Dubz

Esteban
Esteban Posted Wed 03 Oct, 2007 9:05 PM Quote
Lemon Grinner wrote:

Izzit.

Yeah, but the instance that's led to Dubz starting this thread doesn't really need counselling as such.

Lemon Grinner
Lemon Grinner Posted Wed 03 Oct, 2007 9:05 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
Lemon Grinner wrote:

Izzit.

Yeah but why have councilling at all ??, yes when it's needed but these days everyone gets councilling for the least fucking thing!! as Esteban says at times I feel people should just "Grow a Pair" instead of taking the easy way out, councilling usually finds another outlet to blame... oh it was my childhood, or Oh I was from a broken home... Yeah usually you broke it ya fuck!! It's the same the problem with society today, It's always someone elses fault...

Dubz

I dont know what H.M.H.B. meeeeans!

Gringo

Esteban
Esteban Posted Wed 03 Oct, 2007 9:07 PM Quote
Lemon Grinner wrote:
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
Lemon Grinner wrote:

Izzit.

Dubz

I dont know what H.M.H.B. meeeeans!

Gringo

Half Man Half Biscuit.

Lyrics intit.

Pages [1] 2 3 4 Next All Times BST Current Time 7:17 PM