what was the original topic again? *scratches head*

Re: To Sara Anna + Sunny ONLY
Sunny
Sunny Posted Thu 04 Oct, 2007 6:58 PM Quote
Somewhere Else wrote:

Please do not reply.

"everyone has a right to voice their opinion"

Sound familiar?

If you didn't want someone to reply (or speak to you) why bother replying to their post in the first place?

*edit* I only just noticed your post was addressed to me and Sarah - which pisses me off further. There is a fully functioning PM system here and if you wanted to speak to two people about the same thing, why not use it?

Re: To Sara Anna + Sunny ONLY
Tonie
Tonie Posted Thu 04 Oct, 2007 7:20 PM Quote
Somewhere Else wrote:
We have to concede that we will never gel on this board. I have to admit ,in making my posts , I wanted you to stay away. I have no apology.

I wept when I read your response to Frans post today . Mainly because he has a far bigger heart than I ever will and he just doesn't deserve , what is to me ,the most disrepectful post I ever want to read.

Keep away from me posting here and I will keep away from you.

I am deeply offended by your post to Fran- Leave me be and I will leave you.

I can't see that it's your quarrel. Whatever has happened in the past, or today, between Sarah and the band is just that - between them.

You've contributed nothing in this thread, just slagged off people.

And also, I cannot believe that you wept reading Sarah's post.

Too sad.

Re: Not In The top-40 again
Ursina
Ursina Posted Thu 04 Oct, 2007 9:05 PM Quote
not really wanting to keep this going, still I would like to know one thing..... Somewhere Else, where do you come in on this, what's in for you ?? Why are you hell bent to get Sarah off the board ?? As it seems this is something between Fran and Sarah, tell me if I'm wrong. Your wee story about crying blah blah does not ring true to me. I have immense regard for Fran and surely everybody knows by now my devotion for Travis but in all fairness taking sides as vehemently as you do, just seems odd. So would you please come clean .

Sina:)

hail_fran
hail_fran Posted Thu 04 Oct, 2007 9:05 PM Quote
jambut wrote:
A whole CD of Travis B-sides from every single ever that would be amazing. Maybe a few live recordings, i wonder if they ever played "Blue Flasing Lights" live at Parr Hall loads of ppl tryed to make Fran play it. Great track

I actually a fan campaighn would get the record company to put out a B-side album actually.

not a bad idea! some of the Bsides are so good i can't understand why they aren't album tracks but maybe thats just my opinion. at the moment i'm completely playing out definition of wrong.

Somewhere Else
Somewhere Else Posted Thu 04 Oct, 2007 9:44 PM Quote
[quote="Ursina"] not really wanting to keep this going, still I would like to know one thing..... Somewhere Else, where do you come in on this, what's in for you ?? Why are you hell bent to get Sarah off the board ?? As it seems this is something between Fran and Sarah, tell me if I'm wrong. Your wee story about crying blah blah does not ring true to me. I have immense regard for Fran and surely everybody knows by now my devotion for Travis but in all fairness taking sides as vehemently as you do, just seems odd. So would you please come clean .

You want me to reply publicly right? As you didn't use the PM that your friend curtly suggested for my open post....

Well I dont know what you read but I read that Sara Anna /'Fan' of the Band calls Fran

A bully
A narcissist
A fake ( projects himself forward as a caring profesional)
His latest album is pants
His sons name stupid

Infers he is
A Liar
rude
thoughtless
Intimidating
No manners
Insulting
Boorish
and theres something wrong in the Band

Its Total claptrap

All cleverly masked in the odd positive and in the name of 'honest opinion' .Its attack, not opinion and all so predictable.

Might be ok with you , but its not with me.

If you want to continue this , please message me. This thread sucks.

jambut
jambut Posted Thu 04 Oct, 2007 9:50 PM Quote
dont skit my thread biatch lol

Tonie
Tonie Posted Thu 04 Oct, 2007 10:40 PM Quote
Somewhere Else wrote:
This thread sucks.

It was fine til you started this witch hunt. Which is nothing to do with you anyway. Let Fran and Sarah sort it out. This is a music thread.

Esteban
Esteban Posted Thu 04 Oct, 2007 11:27 PM Quote
This thread should be locked, as everything has been said and surely everyone with an opinion has had their say by now. Personally, I have no opinion on any of this as I am very much a 'new board' person, so politics that originated from the old board don't interest me in the slightest.

However, I AM of the opinion that Fran and Sara should be allowed to sort out their own differences in whatever way works for them, but it SHOULD be done without interference or exterior influence.

That is all.

TWT, please do the right thing and lock the thread.

Typing to Reach You
Typing to Reach You Posted Fri 05 Oct, 2007 12:32 AM Quote
Hey I know this has kinda turned all serious and stuff, but it sure has made the Travis board a lot more interesting. http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x66/Jearoon2/Smilies/25-laugh2.gif

Isa_travis
Isa_travis Posted Fri 05 Oct, 2007 12:56 AM Quote
aaah.... come on...let's continue with the topic!! ^^;;;;;

RaZzZ
RaZzZ Posted Fri 05 Oct, 2007 12:58 AM Quote
Tonie wrote:
Somewhere Else wrote:
This thread sucks.

It was fine til you started this witch hunt. Which is nothing to do with you anyway. Let Fran and Sarah sort it out. This is a music thread.

Hahahahahaha... coff coff, hahaha...

kurai
kurai Posted Fri 05 Oct, 2007 10:22 AM Quote
I just read some of the comments on this page and
they were very interesting.
It´s great to see, that there are so many people, who are really passionate about music.

From my point of view, the best part of the music of Travis is that they always (!) manage to surprise me. I never get what I expect and that´s the magic of their songs.
When I listen to Coldplay for example (and I really like their music) it´s different - many of their songs sound so similar that I sometimes confuse them with each other. When I buy a Coldplay CD I get what I expect. For some people that might be great, but I prefer to be surprised.
That´s why I love Travis so much. Every song is different and has it´s own charisma. I never get bored listening to them.
The songs are honest and written from the heart. That´s why they manage to touch something deep inside me. And that´s why I love TBWNN. Every single song tells a story about life.

And by the way, I think it´s a shame that I am not able to buy the "My Eyes" Single or "SJ" here in Germany. I can´t even order them in the stores.
And there is (as some of you also recognized) no advertising for the Singles or their concerts in Germany.
I only found two short articles in a magazine. But nobody writes about their concerts in Hamburg, Köln or Munich. It´s really strange. If I wouldn´t be able to get informations by the internet, I probably wouldn´t know anything about their german concert dates at all.
(sorry for my English :/)

Isa_travis
Isa_travis Posted Fri 05 Oct, 2007 11:19 AM Quote
kurai wrote:
I just read some of the comments on this page and
they were very interesting.
It´s great to see, that there are so many people, who are really passionate about music.

From my point of view, the best part of the music of Travis is that they always (!) manage to surprise me. I never get what I expect and that´s the magic of their songs.
When I listen to Coldplay for example (and I really like their music) it´s different - many of their songs sound so similar that I sometimes confuse them with each other. When I buy a Coldplay CD I get what I expect. For some people that might be great, but I prefer to be surprised.
That´s why I love Travis so much. Every song is different and has it´s own charisma. I never get bored listening to them.
The songs are honest and written from the heart. That´s why they manage to touch something deep inside me. And that´s why I love TBWNN. Every single song tells a story about life.

And by the way, I think it´s a shame that I am not able to buy the "My Eyes" Single or "SJ" here in Germany. I can´t even order them in the stores.
And there is (as some of you also recognized) no advertising for the Singles or their concerts in Germany.
I only found two short articles in a magazine. But nobody writes about their concerts in Hamburg, Köln or Munich. It´s really strange. If I wouldn´t be able to get informations by the internet, I probably wouldn´t know anything about their german concert dates at all.
(sorry for my English :/)

hello Kurai!!
yes you're right, here in Spain is the same, singles are not very usual, I only can buy the cds and that's all. I'd love to have all Travis singles with the b-sides but well, it has nothing to do ^^;
About the Coldplay thing, I agree with you. Coldplay is a such a good band but for me that's all. They don't connect with me anymore, they're so cold and their songs don't make me feel any sensation. Nothing. I love Travis because they're sometimes sweet, melancholic, happy,sad..... You can feel some attachment to Travis songs when you're having this different feelings in your own life, Coldplay is just listening. And well, as you said, many of Coldplay songs sound the same ^^;
WE NEED MORE TRAVIS IN OUR LIFE!

sorry angel
sorry angel Posted Fri 05 Oct, 2007 12:58 PM Quote
Sunny wrote:
Somewhere Else wrote:
Sara Anna said:

" Anyway, if you guys don't find me negative and creepy and like what I post then i'm happy to keep posting."

Why dont you tell the truth the whole truth and nothing but the truth then, miss honesty ?

About how your constant , shit stirring , derogatory and very personal comments about the Band ,on the old message board, got the deserved response from the 'one' you are waiting for an apology from????

I doubt very much whether you will ever get an apology because most of what you say is vindictive manipulating crap.

Your comments on the Bands music makes NME look friendly, so dont make out they make good useful reading.

Its not that you wont take a hint but you dont even accept it from the horses mouth .

That is very creepy.

I'm amazed that you cannot see how your responses to Sara make you look extremely silly. You're effectively trying to silence someone, and for what purpose? I'm sure the band can stick up for themselves if they so wish (we know one of them certainly can!)

Sarah's comments have sparked a good debate among many boardies, some agree with her and some don't, and that's cool. What no one wants to see is someone (like yourself) taking comments to a personal level.
I know this will go straight over your head, but I just felt it needed to be said.

I concur!

Gosh don't we miss Mr Potter...

Pages Previous 1...2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 Next All Times BST Current Time 6:58 PM