Travis

Message for Fran
Jonners
Jonners Posted Sun 30 Sep, 2007 5:48 PM Quote
Hi,

Just wanted to thank you for 'My Eyes'. My baby daughter was born on 18th September 2007, and this song, after discovering on the album, then learning the story at the Westonbirt Concert in June (with my 2 eldest kids - their first concert - now life long fans!!!). When I was driving back from the hospital on the 18th September, I had the song on the CD player, and I was in tears! So, thanks!

Do you have any plans to sell an item of baby clothes with the 'born to rock' logo, as you wore in the video? If not, is there anywhere I could get hold of the JPEG of the image so that I can get my own custom made item?

Also, as this has become baby Grace's song, is there any way you could all sign a copy of the 7" for her - if I bought a copy from the wee store?

Cheers loads, and thanks again!

Jon

Re: Message for Fran
mili
mili Posted Sun 30 Sep, 2007 6:28 PM Quote
In the Selfish Jean website there's the font to download, so you can make your own designs, including "Born to rock".

the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Sun 30 Sep, 2007 6:33 PM Quote
I think you might have been really unlucky and just missed Fran :( He logged on today, so he might have fulfilled his board quota for a while. Hopefully not :)

Lovely story, your baby sounds adorably cute! Travis are so good at writing songs that are personal to everyone.

Frenchygirl
Frenchygirl Posted Sun 30 Sep, 2007 7:28 PM Quote
Jonners wrote:

Do you have any plans to sell an item of baby clothes with the 'born to rock' logo, as you wore in the video? If not, is there anywhere I could get hold of the JPEG of the image so that I can get my own custom made item?

Also, as this has become baby Grace's song, is there any way you could all sign a copy of the 7" for her - if I bought a copy from the wee store?

Cheers loads, and thanks again!

Jon

It would be great if he accepts :)
By the way, congratulations for you baby !!

Jonners
Jonners Posted Sun 30 Sep, 2007 7:45 PM Quote
You know what - you guys are all gorgeous!!!

I've now created my images to send off... including a baby friendly jaffa cakes one!!!

Here's the baby... www.jongloverphotography.co.uk/baby/ - once the new clothes arrive, I'll update!

Thanks again you guys!

cornax
cornax Posted Sun 30 Sep, 2007 8:20 PM Quote
the boy with a cryptic name wrote:
Travis are so good at writing songs that are personal to everyone.

That is so true and I think that 'My Eyes' just really hits it for parents. I had the privilege and opportunity to bring my 9 year old daughter to one of Travis' private radio gigs and I just welled up when they sang it because it was such a great moment to share with her. And, actually, she does have my eyes so... http://www.cosgan.de/images/smilie/froehlich/e020.gif

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Mon 01 Oct, 2007 2:28 AM Quote
Congrats on your new wee one. Fran responded to a request to sell the "Born to Rock" T-shirt. You could do the same on a onesie. Probably a smaller font size though.

Jonners
Jonners Posted Tue 02 Oct, 2007 9:28 PM Quote
Can you believe it... I ordered 3 baby tops - lovingly created my own parodies of the shirst - and they've refosed to make them for fear of copyright infringement!!! The only other place I can find is charging £15.95 for each one, and I'd made 3 of them!!!

I somehow don't think the company would be bothered to check out this message board to see Frans' suggestion to make our own!!!

Any help guys?

Cheers,

Jon

Jonners
Jonners Posted Sat 06 Oct, 2007 6:42 PM Quote
Come On!!!

I've got them - a guy round the corner with his own printing shop... charged me £2 for all 3, as I showed him something on his computer (you'd think he'd be the expert, what with it being how he creates his transfers!!!)

Watch this space for photos - AND if you're in the West Midlands, he's kept the font and will happily do the tops for anyone!!!

Just need Fran to read the other part of my message now and we'll be sorted!!!

cornax
cornax Posted Sun 07 Oct, 2007 1:05 AM Quote
Well that was a happy solution! I'd love to see a photo of the shirts.

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 10:00 PM