Travis

Kate Nash
isma
isma Posted Sat 29 Sep, 2007 11:46 PM Quote
I see her name everywhere but i've never had a proper listen .

Is she 'the new' Lily Allen ?

Re: Kate Nash
jambut
jambut Posted Sat 29 Sep, 2007 11:57 PM Quote
well i thought her song "foundations" was lily for a while but yer i heard she actually has bee signed longer than lily or somethin so she'ze a lily benefactor i guess.

DAKOTA
DAKOTA Posted Sun 30 Sep, 2007 12:01 AM Quote
I liked Foundations at first listen, but after a while her accent started to grate. :(

audrey
audrey Posted Sun 30 Sep, 2007 12:09 AM Quote
never heard. is she good?
im not really a fan of lilly allen. thats for sure.

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Sun 30 Sep, 2007 12:12 AM Quote
I've heard Foundations and two other songs- I'm still not sure whether she's good or not. Kinda annoying when in big doses.

edit: and by a 'big dose' I mean 2 songs ;P
Foundations
Mouthwash

monkey
monkey Posted Sun 30 Sep, 2007 3:22 AM Quote
don't like her music at all but to be fair i seen her do a few songs live on some TV thing and she was good

the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Sun 30 Sep, 2007 6:53 PM Quote
It should be illegal for people with horrible accents to sing. And yes, I'd be the international judge of accent-annoyance. Imagine for instance how much better Athlete would be if the singer had grown up somewhere else.
I think she's a very good musician, but she annoys me immensely. Foundations is one of the songs that gets stuck in my head most often at the moment (the other being Beautiful Girls by Sean Thingy, which would not only be banned but would have the death penalty applied for playing it :) ), but it is so irritating.

Tracey982
Tracey982 Posted Sun 30 Sep, 2007 7:01 PM Quote
I'm not fond of her. I found "Foundations" irritating mainly because of her voice. I can see how she gets compared to Lily Allen.

moominbadger
moominbadger Posted Sun 30 Sep, 2007 7:04 PM Quote
I don't like her music at all but was pretty impressed to see her playing the piano when she performed live. How come it's suddenly so cool to sing in an accent though? If I sang in a really strong Brummy accent it would just sound shit!

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 12:32 PM