Travis

Re: Free Travis CD
Taralyn
Taralyn Posted Sun 30 Sep, 2007 12:49 PM Quote
Well spent my £1.40 and worth every penny, Thank you Mail on Sunday i dont think you are the saton of news papers, good selection of tracks and evey one a hit in my eyes (pardon the pun)hope it has the desired effect and they come home soon.

Sunny
Sunny Posted Sun 30 Sep, 2007 1:53 PM Quote
the boy with a cryptic name wrote:

Still, it's a tabloid, what do you expect? :)

You can't say that, it's blasphemy!

Sunny
Sunny Posted Sun 30 Sep, 2007 1:56 PM Quote
Taralyn wrote:
Well spent my £1.40 and worth every penny, Thank you Mail on Sunday i dont think you are the saton of news papers, good selection of tracks and evey one a hit in my eyes (pardon the pun)hope it has the desired effect and they come home soon.

I just listened to Good Feeling (the track) and now I have renewed my appreciation for the album. I'm singing along to U16 Girls as we speak ... erm .. type.
Strange how they chose live tracks from 2001. Things have changed a lot since.

in_definitely
in_definitely Posted Sun 30 Sep, 2007 2:05 PM Quote
yeah, things have changed a lot since Good Feeling

Normally I don`t read The Mail on Sunday but today.... ;)

Tonie
Tonie Posted Sun 30 Sep, 2007 2:22 PM Quote
Esteban wrote:
Tonie wrote:
Either I'm going round the bend, or there's a track listed on there that I've never heard of called "Somewhere Else" or something.

Surely it's not a Razorlight cover?

Not long til I find out. But to the best of my knowledge, it's not a known Travis song.

Any light to be shed before tomorrow? Or is it as I first thought, and I'm going mad?

Erm...

It was as I thought, and I am going mad. I realised it the second I read the track listing within the paper.....Ooooooops big time.

Time to relisten to 12 Memories....

I wouldn't mind, I even saw and heard Travis do that track live.

My bad....

the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Sun 30 Sep, 2007 6:41 PM Quote
Sunny wrote:

the boy with a cryptic name wrote:

Still, it's a tabloid, what do you expect? :)

You can't say that, it's blasphemy!

It's true though!

Sunny wrote:

I just listened to Good Feeling (the track) and now I have renewed my appreciation for the album. I'm singing along to U16 Girls as we speak ... erm .. type.
Strange how they chose live tracks from 2001. Things have changed a lot since.

Yes, I must do the same, I don't think i've listened to GF since I saw them live back in May. That's a long time! I listen to More Than Us, Happy and U16 Girls fairly regularly though. *joins in with singing*

Ruudio
Ruudio Posted Sun 30 Sep, 2007 7:39 PM Quote
Think its a good cd to say its free. Have no intention of reading the paper though!

MariaMak
MariaMak Posted Mon 01 Oct, 2007 12:41 PM Quote
Everytime i saw the add i'd go 'yaaay travis' and drive my housemates mad, so i woke up on sunday morning to find the paper and cd outside my bedroom door.
Aww i love my friends :D

im happy with live stuff *thumbs up*

Taralyn
Taralyn Posted Mon 01 Oct, 2007 5:07 PM Quote
Yes i agree for a free cd its good and the live tracks are great, made journey to and from work so much quicker today :)

Typing to Reach You
Typing to Reach You Posted Mon 01 Oct, 2007 5:22 PM Quote
Can someone tell me what the tracklist is plz? Just curious.

Sunny
Sunny Posted Tue 02 Oct, 2007 2:23 PM Quote
Typing to Reach You wrote:

Yes, I can :)

accousticbug
accousticbug Posted Tue 02 Oct, 2007 4:14 PM Quote
marketing has changed.. just look at radiohead and the latest prince CD that was also free with a sunday newspaper. same one i think? and now also the charlatans are releasing the album free to download via XFM.

music really is changing. but hey travis can still sell out venues. there still a vital force. and i guess thats what this is for.. a signal that record sales dont matter as much anymore. its great for keeping them in the public eye and to help sell out venues. heck of alot of money in that game. anyway havent people been asking for quite some time now if the charts are even relevant at all?

it gets harder and harder for older bands to get played on their once stable outlets. i.e radio 1 and the backing of publications like NME. this is just a new way to get music out there.

fresh and new bands are going to get more exposure even though they may not be as good. it'l be hard for travis to recapture that time when they were deservedly haild as one of the best british bands out there. anyroad i think there will always be a place for travis for.. its just how it goes.

however long they want to keep at it. which should be forever please.

Ursina
Ursina Posted Tue 02 Oct, 2007 4:29 PM Quote
Sunny wrote:
Typing to Reach You wrote:

Yes, I can :)

ohh damn ! just wasted a half an hour reading all that rubbish about Anne Robinson lol

Pages Previous 1 [2] All Times BST Current Time 12:59 AM