Travis

Free Travis CD
Taralyn
Taralyn Posted Sat 29 Sep, 2007 5:33 PM Quote
At last publicity, The Mail on Sunday giving free 12 track cd includes My Eyes :)

Re: Free Travis CD
the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Sat 29 Sep, 2007 7:18 PM Quote
I've just seen the advert for it - it sums up perfectly what Travis are about, having fun and being great friends. I love all the different styles and haircuts squeezed into 30 seconds!

Tracey982
Tracey982 Posted Sat 29 Sep, 2007 7:24 PM Quote
Yeah, I'm gonna buy the paper tomorrow.

the boy with a cryptic name Posted Sat 29 Sep, 2007 7:43 PM Quote
I think I will, a bit pointless but good to add to the collection!

The advert said there were live tracks too (either 5 or 7 of the 12) - that makes it a lot more interesting!

Gladly (the cross-eyed bear)
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) Posted Sat 29 Sep, 2007 8:59 PM Quote
The single for free. Way to make sales boys.

Who the eff is doing the marketing for the band? Its abysmal.

Esteban
Esteban Posted Sat 29 Sep, 2007 9:20 PM Quote
The Mail though?

The Satan of newspapers.

Somewhere Else
Somewhere Else Posted Sat 29 Sep, 2007 10:24 PM Quote
I think the Band will know what they are doing here .....Its great marketing and after all Travis can bring a hit out o the bag any old time so now is a good time to consolidate their fans from different eras. Who cares abot the chart sales of My Eyes. I would rather Travis spread their beautiful wings :-)

Tonie
Tonie Posted Sat 29 Sep, 2007 11:23 PM Quote
Either I'm going round the bend, or there's a track listed on there that I've never heard of called "Somewhere Else" or something.

Surely it's not a Razorlight cover?

Not long til I find out. But to the best of my knowledge, it's not a known Travis song.

Any light to be shed before tomorrow? Or is it as I first thought, and I'm going mad?

Esteban
Esteban Posted Sun 30 Sep, 2007 12:22 AM Quote
Tonie wrote:
Either I'm going round the bend, or there's a track listed on there that I've never heard of called "Somewhere Else" or something.

Not long til I find out. But to the best of my knowledge, it's not a known Travis song.

Any light to be shed before tomorrow? Or is it as I first thought, and I'm going mad?

Erm...

Gladly (the cross-eyed bear)
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) Posted Sun 30 Sep, 2007 12:51 AM Quote
Somewhere Else wrote:
and after all Travis can bring a hit out o the bag any old time

The last 3 attempts show that is not the case.

Somewhere Else
Somewhere Else Posted Sun 30 Sep, 2007 1:16 AM Quote
They have not tried to do a a Gnarls Barclay .One off!!

They are Travis , exceptional, in todays rather mixed up percepton / reception - of what is actually popular . A lot of ppl dont know of Travis music, would love it if they did---and I Know that from my own futile marketing, alone .

Part of me wants to keep Travis exceptionlly personal but the other - predicted, we would find it difficult getting them back from the US .

just so long as Fran slips in a Wulfron Hall in the eclipse. :-)

the boy with a cryptic name Posted Sun 30 Sep, 2007 10:31 AM Quote
Tonie wrote:

I particularly like this comment given who posted directly before you!

the boy with a cryptic name Posted Sun 30 Sep, 2007 10:36 AM Quote
Interesting choice of live stuff, from 2001. Side, Turn, WDIAROM, Sing and Driftwood all live, the rest studio. Not a bad use of £1.40 I reckon!

Sunny
Sunny Posted Sun 30 Sep, 2007 10:50 AM Quote
Taralyn wrote:
At last publicity, The Mail on Sunday giving free 12 track cd includes My Eyes :)

Loved what the Mail have said about it on the front page - "their bigges hits". Eh? A number of the songs are album tracks and have never been released so how can they be biggest hits? It's made to sound as if it's a compilation of their singles.

And yes, marketing is crap. I can't imagine the band wanting it to be like that, otherwise what's the point in carrying on?

the boy with a cryptic name Posted Sun 30 Sep, 2007 12:17 PM Quote
Sunny wrote:

Loved what the Mail have said about it on the front page - "their bigges hits". Eh? A number of the songs are album tracks and have never been released so how can they be biggest hits? It's made to sound as if it's a compilation of their singles.

Yes, they've been a bit liberal with the exaggeration. Still, it's a tabloid, what do you expect? :)

Pages [1] 2 Next All Times BST Current Time 1:16 PM