Travis

Re: Lets talk about hair
weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Fri 26 Sep, 2008 3:36 PM Quote
I like Kayte's and Kristy's ideas. Layers are a great way to make a change without it being all dramatic. Small changes to your bangs could make a big difference in how it looks overall.

I had never dyed my hair or anything until right before I got married. I just put some highlights in it. It was such a refreshing change. I don't do it very often (maybe 2 times a year) but when I do highlight my hair it just feels good. And they're subtle enough that it doesn't look all tacky when they're growing out.

So I like the ideas but I also encourage you to step out a bit. I had LONG LONG hair from high school through my early 20s. When I cut it off it was such a freeing experience and since then I've had a great time having different hairstyles.

I had it short for a few years and then grew it out long again and that was fun having different cuts (mainly done through layering) while it grew long again. Then I got bored and cut it all off about 2 years ago.

So I'm all for baby steps but it can be a great experience to make a BIG change too.

MariaMak
MariaMak Posted Fri 26 Sep, 2008 6:17 PM Quote
ARGHH! I missed my hair appointment cause of STOOPID road works. I was twenty minutes late, but she rescheduled me in for tomor, so i've a few extra hours to chicken shit out.

Hmmm... straight fringe.. perhaps! My hair is kinky, frizzy, has a tiny curl at the left hand side. I think i'll trim the split ends off, nothing too drastic. I used to have boys hair b4, and i mean SHORT boys hair. Like almost razored up the back!!

Kinda sick of layers, i think i'll grow them out.

Lol! No i'm not required to have longer hair altho it looks much better with the veil and a short hair do would prob be too modern for medieval times..
Off to work i do... la de da

MariaMak
MariaMak Posted Fri 26 Sep, 2008 6:17 PM Quote
ARGHH! I missed my hair appointment cause of STOOPID road works. I was twenty minutes late, but she rescheduled me in for tomor, so i've a few extra hours to chicken shit out.

Hmmm... straight fringe.. perhaps! My hair is kinky, frizzy, has a tiny curl at the left hand side. I think i'll trim the split ends off, nothing too drastic. I used to have boys hair b4, and i mean SHORT boys hair. Like almost razored up the back!!

Kinda sick of layers, i think i'll grow them out.

Lol! No i'm not required to have longer hair altho it looks much better with the veil and a short hair do would prob be too modern for medieval times..
Off to work i do... la de da

mili
mili Posted Fri 26 Sep, 2008 6:23 PM Quote
I had long hair well below shoulders, no fringe, when I was 18. Had enough of it, and went to the hairdressers' and asked them to cut it short. The hairdresser had her scissors above my ear asking "are you sure?" Another hairdresser walked past and asked if she could have a go, too… The following day was the English listening comprehension part of our final exams. Some school mates complained afterwards that I spoiled it for them, as they spent too much time trying to suss out who I was.

Since then it's never been overtly long, mostly more like a boy's than girl's. Long hair is hot, heavy, slow to dry and full of knots.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Fri 26 Sep, 2008 6:33 PM Quote
MariaMak wrote:
Hmmm... straight fringe.. perhaps! My hair is kinky, frizzy, has a tiny curl at the left hand side.

oh so is mine. The my straightner is my best friend.
And i cant live without layers bc my hair is THICK. they spend half the time thinning it out with those amazing thinning shears.
I had long hair from the time i was 4 to about 15 and then just got it all cut off one day. I was tired of it taking forever to dry. If i washed my hair in the morning and let it air dry, it would still be damp at night.
Then i had variations of bobs with side bangs for 4 years or so (shorter at the back, same length all over..different amounts of bangs) and then i got tired of that and went for a straight blunt bang which i now love. Seriously saves on the eyebrow plucking time bc no one sees my eyebrows, lol.
If only my hair wasnt so frizzy i would like it better. It hates humidity.

sorry you missed your appointment!

MariaMak
MariaMak Posted Sun 28 Sep, 2008 1:40 PM Quote
So i made my appointment this time, HURRAY!
But i'm not showing the haircut cause at the moment i look like someone out of Greece, vavavavolume!

I got a side fringe, she thought it'd suit better than a full. She cut about 2 inches of the length, layered it around cause she said it was all chopped at the top and just straight at the back and it looked dead lol

Then after the cut she asked would she put some rollers in for some volume and i let her. I LET HER!!!

holy cow, once i came out from under the blower i had some serious 70s perm type do going on on top of my head. I had to smile and say how lovely it was. Paid her, left and tied back the hair that i could tie back, went to a shop, got LOADS of hair grips and stuck them in every direction.
I looked like i was going to a debs (prom)

Other than the horrific poof on top of my head, it came out nice. Must wash it today and straighten it to see the actual hair cut. She liked my hair colour and suggested i put a semi colour in to bring out the copper and reds in my hair. But im too chicken to put dye in my hair. Don't wanna lose my natural hair colour.

phew... who knew one could talk so much about hair lol

AbsGinger
AbsGinger Posted Thu 06 Nov, 2008 9:45 PM Quote
here's the cut i want to experiment these days - meeting the hairdresser on saturday morning...very excited !

minnmess
minnmess Posted Thu 06 Nov, 2008 9:48 PM Quote
AbsGinger wrote:
here's the cut i want to experiment these days - meeting the hairdresser on saturday morning...very excited !

oh, I like. Maybe you will actually post pics for us this time?

I was just thinking that I need a haircut. I cant see through my fringe. Trying to decide whether I just want to go in to get my fringe trimmed and put off a haircut for a few weeks, or get it all cut. Stupid short hair that grows quickly that needing to be cut ever...7 weeks at this point.

Joe
Joe Posted Thu 06 Nov, 2008 10:02 PM Quote
I just let my grow. Whenever the hair goes out of the frame of the miroir in my bathroom, it's time to have it cut again.

AbsGinger
AbsGinger Posted Fri 07 Nov, 2008 1:18 PM Quote
Joe wrote:
I just let my grow. Whenever the hair goes out of the frame of the miroir in my bathroom, it's time to have it cut again.

how big is the mirror ?

Gladly (the cross-eyed bear)
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) Posted Fri 07 Nov, 2008 1:26 PM Quote
AbsGinger wrote:
Joe wrote:

how big is the mirror ?

Thats what i was wondering. You could be in danger of a serious Afro.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Thu 05 Mar, 2009 4:23 PM Quote
So, I've lost yet another hairdresser. I can never seen to get more than 3 haircuts before a person takes off on me. I even asked this one before I started with her, if she was planning on leaving the salon soon and she said no.
So, I need a new hair person. And this one has to be a magician, I tell ya!

Peewee
Peewee Posted Thu 05 Mar, 2009 4:57 PM Quote
Ah see I am glad I don't have that problem. My sister is my hairdresser! And it's FREE! lol

mili
mili Posted Thu 05 Mar, 2009 5:32 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
So, I've lost yet another hairdresser. I can never seen to get more than 3 haircuts before a person takes off on me. I even asked this one before I started with her, if she was planning on leaving the salon soon and she said no.
So, I need a new hair person. And this one has to be a magician, I tell ya!

I've followed two hairdressers from one salon to another, the first one changed four times before I lost him completely (he changed profession) and the second one only changed once before leaving to have a baby. The current one is married to the owner of the salon and my whole family goes to her. Pretty safe, I believe.

hennypenny
hennypenny Posted Thu 05 Mar, 2009 6:38 PM Quote
I've had the same hairdresser since I was a kid so I've been pretty lucky.

Pages Previous 1...5 6 7 8 [9] 10 Next All Times BST Current Time 5:58 AM