Travis

Re: Rant of the Day
fenchurch
fenchurch Posted Thu 09 Apr, 2009 2:22 AM Quote
Ok these crickets, or whatever they are, are really starting to get to me. It's beginning to feel like they're in my head! I keep going into rooms expecting to turn on the light and find them all over the place, it sounds like they're everywhere!!! And I'm all alone in an apartment I don't know very well, in a country I'm not really used to and I'm starting to get a little freaked out!

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Thu 09 Apr, 2009 3:44 PM Quote
About every other second my aunt or my mother calls or emails me to ask if I have sorted out the details of our potential trip to Michigan this summer. I get that they want to know because my mom wants to go up at the same time as us and my aunt wants to take off work but enough already!

I clearly understand that you want to know and I will tell you when I buy my plane tickets! Do they think I am going to forget to tell them or something? Stop asking!!!!!!!! The snotty child in me wants to not go just because they are getting on my nerves.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Thu 09 Apr, 2009 3:48 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
The snotty child in me wants to not go just because they are getting on my nerves.

Listen here snotty, you must come to Michigan this summer. We've got the lakeside barbecue in your honor at Nikki's all planned.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Thu 09 Apr, 2009 4:24 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
weirdmom wrote:
The snotty child in me wants to not go just because they are getting on my nerves.

Listen here snotty, you must come to Michigan this summer. We've got the lakeside barbecue in your honor at Nikki's all planned.

Oh I won't. I may be a brat but I know that I'd be cutting of my nose to spite my face and all of that.

But I am quite discouraged by how expensive flights are at the moment. They've gone up $75 in the last few weeks. And we're locked into Continental since we are getting at least one if not two frequent flier tickets. On Continental with tax I think it was $340 per ticket or something painful like that.

Speaking of our BBQ party, it's also a possibility to come out to my family's cottage and hang out there. We have a pontoon boat for a leisurely experience, a vrrroomm motor boat for a faster tour of the lake (also have those huge tubes so you can get pulled if you like), and a row boat if you want to get up close and personal with the water lilies. And a lovely lawn.

And it would greatly amuse me to be in Michigan but be the host.

mili
mili Posted Thu 09 Apr, 2009 5:49 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
But I am quite discouraged by how expensive flights are at the moment. They've gone up $75 in the last few weeks. And we're locked into Continental since we are getting at least one if not two frequent flier tickets. On Continental with tax I think it was $340 per ticket or something painful like that.

Am I imagening or are the flight prices going up all the time? We're not going to England this summer because the prices are just silly. And Finnair (the only airline flying our preferred route) changed their pricing policies already a few years ago so that it's just about affordable to go for a whole week or two, but 10 days or any other combination is impossible. Now even the week's stay is too much for four of us.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Wed 15 Apr, 2009 8:15 PM Quote
I hate it when technology seems to work all the time except WHEN I REALLY NEED IT. It is rather imperative that I get my Travis tickets printed. But some weird ColorSync Utility message is popping up. Something I've never seen before ever. It will not let me print. Grrrrrr!

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Wed 15 Apr, 2009 9:58 PM Quote
http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2007/12/funny-pictures-kitten-printer.jpg

I was trying to find a printer fail pic but this is the best I could do.

Nikki
Nikki Posted Wed 15 Apr, 2009 10:01 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:
weirdmom wrote:

Oh I won't. I may be a brat but I know that I'd be cutting of my nose to spite my face and all of that.

Speaking of our BBQ party, it's also a possibility to come out to my family's cottage and hang out there. We have a pontoon boat for a leisurely experience, a vrrroomm motor boat for a faster tour of the lake (also have those huge tubes so you can get pulled if you like), and a row boat if you want to get up close and personal with the water lilies. And a lovely lawn.

And it would greatly amuse me to be in Michigan but be the host.

I'm all for this idea, Anne! A lake-side BBQ at my place would be fun, but all we've got is my dad's fishing boat. Not as fun as a pontoon or a speed boat with big tubes!! You better come! :) And we'll have to tell Kristy Bear to get her Canadian butt down here, too. Can't wait!!!

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Wed 15 Apr, 2009 10:20 PM Quote
I'm waiting for someone else to make a joke about "big tubes" because I refuse.

Nikki
Nikki Posted Wed 15 Apr, 2009 10:25 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
I'm waiting for someone else to make a joke about "big tubes" because I refuse.

Hahahahaa...Big GIANT tubes!

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Wed 15 Apr, 2009 11:29 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
I hate it when technology seems to work all the time except WHEN I REALLY NEED IT. It is rather imperative that I get my Travis tickets printed. But some weird ColorSync Utility message is popping up. Something I've never seen before ever. It will not let me print. Grrrrrr!

when the person responsible for a good chunk of my tech support has a issue , I get scared

lindsey22295
lindsey22295 Posted Sun 19 Apr, 2009 8:22 AM Quote
ElspethOllie wrote:
Can't go see The Republic Tigers tomorrow... for free no less, because I ain't 21.

Booooooooooo!!!!!

Dang you and your memory!!

My only rant of the day: 'effing crutches and chafing.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sun 19 Apr, 2009 5:09 PM Quote
Deal or No Deal...

the lassie in question has just picked someone the reply "I'll do my best for you" !!!! No you fucking won't what's in the box is in the box do you think by wanting to "do your best" you can change that, away ye go ye braindead fuckwit. Mind you the Edmonds fella has made a fortune out of stretching people opening 21 (or whatever the fuck it is) boxes into an hours Tv program. GOBSHITE!!!!

Dubz

lindsey22295
lindsey22295 Posted Wed 22 Apr, 2009 6:22 AM Quote
I hate people who take their anger out on people who don't deserve it/didn't cause the problem. What a horrible fucking day.

huhongyan
huhongyan Posted Wed 03 Nov, 2010 8:31 AM Quote
This is a really great website, and I really like your essay. Thanks for your sharing.ugg boots bailey button
ugg boots black
ugg boots buy

Pages Previous 1...10 11 12 13 [14] 15 Next All Times BST Current Time 2:48 PM