Travis

Re: Forum Moderator
Nikki
Nikki Posted Wed 29 Aug, 2007 1:48 AM Quote
Esteban wrote:
Nikki wrote:
I know for a fact that posts have been deleted upon request from the band.

Did they CC you in then?

It was from the "My Eyes Video" thread. Someone posted a behind the scenes clip of Dougie, Neil and Andy sliding into the hallway of the hospital before the video was finished not knowing it was put up on YouTube without the band's permission. A few people, including myself, posted replies to it and that whole part of the thread got deleted. At least TWT was nice enough to let me know why they were deleting it.

feri
feri Posted Wed 29 Aug, 2007 7:17 AM Quote
la femme qui wrote:
I have the last post of that board :)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v520/sabarni/1.gif

That board seemed really disorganized.I don't know I tried to post...I think I posted once, and then gave up cus I found it annoying and didn't have the patience for it=/ Soon I'll lose patience for this board cus it takes forever to load. Maybe it's my crappy internet connection.

Ursina
Ursina Posted Wed 29 Aug, 2007 11:30 AM Quote
ahhh give me back this thread system ! at least you could see the post when replying and change post headings.

Hello Sina
Sunny
Sunny Posted Wed 29 Aug, 2007 11:31 AM Quote
Ursina wrote:
ahhh give me back this thread system ! at least you could see the post when replying and change post headings.

You can still change post headings.

*edit* I guess it's not quite the same as it doesn't stand out as much ...

Re: Hello Sina
Joanna
Joanna Posted Wed 29 Aug, 2007 3:12 PM Quote
Sunny wrote:
Ursina wrote:

Ello you. Am @ LMU. werent you first in line for the job? i suppose with all the shit youve stirred up over the years you will be at the back of the queue now ;p
*got ta go, am on a break*

Ursina
Ursina Posted Wed 29 Aug, 2007 3:57 PM Quote
Sunny wrote:
Ursina wrote:

wouldn't know where to find it lol

la femme qui
la femme qui Posted Wed 29 Aug, 2007 5:01 PM Quote
feri wrote:
That board seemed really disorganized.I don't know I tried to post...I think I posted once, and then gave up cus I found it annoying and didn't have the patience for it=/ Soon I'll lose patience for this board cus it takes forever to load. Maybe it's my crappy internet connection.

The system might have been difficult to understand at first, but that board was much more organised than this one... and less frustrating, too! You could see who all had posted to a thread, and if you wanted, skip posts from posters you wouldn't want to read... helpful when a thread has been hijacked. This board leaves you with no option but to read all the posts on a thread. And if you got tired of going through the thread post by post, you could opt for the flat view! *sigh* I really miss that board...

And here's something for the oldies to awaken memories:
http://www.craftyarncouncil.com/cyca-forum/

Tonie
Tonie Posted Wed 29 Aug, 2007 5:17 PM Quote
la femme qui wrote:

I really miss that board...

Nothing personal to la femme qui, cos there have been many remarks in the same vein, but, the way I see it, someone makes a comment like this, then another person says that the new board lacks the atmosphere of the old. And so the negativity bandwagon goes on.

Well hello....If everyone stopped complaining and just got on with it, it would, by definition, be a happier place.

And isn't this supposed to be a thread to debate the merits, or otherwise, of a moderator????

Esteban
Esteban Posted Wed 29 Aug, 2007 5:32 PM Quote
Tonie wrote:
la femme qui wrote:

I really miss that board...

Nothing personal to la femme qui, cos there have been many remarks in the same vein, but, the way I see it, someone makes a comment like this, then another person says that the new board lacks the atmosphere of the old. And so the negativity bandwagon goes on.

Well hello....If everyone stopped complaining and just got on with it, it would, by definition, be a happier place.

And isn't this supposed to be a thread to debate the merits, or otherwise, of a moderator????

Yep, pretty much agree with this. We're never going to go back to the old board, so might as well make the most of this one, otherwise the place will just die on it's arse.

If people don't like it, by all means leave or post less, but don't stay and whinge about something that's out of everyone's control and unlikely to change.

Joana
Joana Posted Wed 29 Aug, 2007 5:41 PM Quote
Agree!!We already know that you guys liked the old board but life goes on....

Tonie
Tonie Posted Wed 29 Aug, 2007 5:49 PM Quote
Joana wrote:
We already know that you guys liked the old board but life goes on....

Good point. All the yearning for the past can't have a particularly welcoming effect on newbies, can it?

Joana
Joana Posted Wed 29 Aug, 2007 5:58 PM Quote
lol...actually I used to post in the old one, but not very often...maybe that's why I don't have these deep feelings that some of you guys have about it!lol

Esteban
Esteban Posted Wed 29 Aug, 2007 6:02 PM Quote
Joana wrote:
lol...actually I used to post in the old one, but not very often...maybe that's why I don't have these deep feelings that some of you guys have about it!lol

Me too, found it awkward.

Sunny
Sunny Posted Wed 29 Aug, 2007 6:15 PM Quote
Joanna wrote:

Ello you. Am @ LMU. werent you first in line for the job? i suppose with all the shit youve stirred up over the years you will be at the back of the queue now ;p
*got ta go, am on a break*

Yes, I was first in line but I'm sure they said that just to shut me up, lol. And I'm not sure a 'shit stirrer' would make a good Member Mod :D

Tonie
Tonie Posted Wed 29 Aug, 2007 7:00 PM Quote
Esteban wrote:
Joana wrote:

Me too.

Me 3.

And does anyone know yet whether or not TWT is interested in recruiting an additional moderator? I bow to their superior decision making in this matter.

Pages Previous 1...2 3 4 5 [6] 7 Next All Times BST Current Time 4:46 AM