Travis

Perfect Travis Pop Covers
ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Sun 19 Aug, 2007 4:39 AM Quote
If Travis taught us one thing it's that they can take a crap pop song *cough*Hit Me Baby One More Time*cough* and turn it into gold. What current pop song (or not so current) do you think Travis should conquer next?

I'm thinking Umbrella - Rihanna

think about it... :)

Re: Perfect Travis Pop Covers
Nikki
Nikki Posted Sun 19 Aug, 2007 4:57 AM Quote
Weird that you mentioned that song because I was flipping through channels the other day and you know that MTV show "The Hills"? (NO I was not watching it...) Well, some chick covered that horrible "Umbrella" song and it did sound a lot better with just an acoustic guitar. I'm sure Travis could make it sound even better.

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Sun 19 Aug, 2007 5:28 AM Quote
Nikki wrote:
Weird that you mentioned that song because I was flipping through channels the other day and you know that MTV show "The Hills"? (NO I was not watching it...) Well, some chick covered that horrible "Umbrella" song and it did sound a lot better with just an acoustic guitar. I'm sure Travis could make it sound even better.

That's what made me think about it! I could totally see that song as a stripped guitar track.

P.S. Your (NO I was not watching it) was similar to mine when I denied watching Scott Baio is 45 and single... but I actually watch the Hills, IT'S LIKE CRACK/COCAINE! I cannot stop myself

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Mon 20 Aug, 2007 4:34 AM Quote
Ok, maybe if they did something... anything by the Black Eyed Peas or Fergie. They could turn it into something really cool. But I can't think of anything... but I can't think of anything good.

I hate Fergie.

lizbeth0619
lizbeth0619 Posted Mon 20 Aug, 2007 3:15 PM Quote
ElspethOllie wrote:
Ok, maybe if they did something... anything by the Black Eyed Peas or Fergie. They could turn it into something really cool. But I can't think of anything... but I can't think of anything good.

I hate Fergie.

Here, Here, what is that garbage..."Big Girls Don't Cry". blech!

;)

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Mon 20 Aug, 2007 7:12 PM Quote

Gold ?? are you high??

It's a novelty piss take, you can even hear them trying not to laugh when they are singing it.

Travis should stick to their own stuff they are shite at covers and anyway anyone can do a cover it's the easy way out, bloody Karaoke

Dubz
nemo me impune lacessit

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Mon 20 Aug, 2007 9:23 PM Quote
Ok, well not gold maybe.

But something better. Something not crap.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Mon 20 Aug, 2007 9:26 PM Quote

Yeah, you're probably right, I was a bit harsh earlier (just home from a hard day at the office), it is quite amusing and far better than the original at least.

Dubz
nemo me impune lacessit

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Mon 20 Aug, 2007 9:32 PM Quote
lizbeth0619 wrote:
ElspethOllie wrote:

I hate Fergie.

;)

You know what's scary? That song was stuck in my head for entire week back in June! yuck...

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Mon 20 Aug, 2007 9:49 PM Quote
lizbeth0619 wrote:
ElspethOllie wrote:

I hate Fergie.

;)

That song, makes NO sense whatsoever. Just call the song 'It's not you it's me.' you moron. I don't even know what the song is about, she's leaving, but she's doesn't want to go. But she has to learn how to live on her own? Ok, I'm stopping...

monkey
monkey Posted Mon 20 Aug, 2007 10:05 PM Quote
Nikki wrote:

that Heidi pissed me off in the 1 (*cough* half dozen) episode of The Hills that i ever seen!

Nikki
Nikki Posted Tue 21 Aug, 2007 12:35 AM Quote
monkey wrote:
Nikki wrote:

that Heidi pissed me off in the 1 (*cough* half dozen) episode of The Hills that i ever seen!

Oh, I know! She totally ditched her best friend Lauren to move in with that assclown. What? O.o no, really...I don't watch it. LOL.

Esteban
Esteban Posted Tue 21 Aug, 2007 12:39 AM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:

Gold ?? are you high??

It's a novelty piss take, you can even hear them trying not to laugh when they are singing it.

Travis should stick to their own stuff they are shite at covers and anyway anyone can do a cover it's the easy way out, bloody Karaoke

Dubz
nemo me impune lacessit

They should do 'Dub(z) Be Good To Me' by Beats International, in honour of your snotty post ;-)

Nikki
Nikki Posted Tue 21 Aug, 2007 12:40 AM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:

Gold ?? are you high??

Dubz
nemo me impune lacessit

Wow, really Dubz? I have to disagree with you. I think Travis' "Lovely Rita" cover is great! And even though during the live performances of "Hit Me Baby" they are trying to hold back laughter during the high notes, I still think the song is completely transformed. The words to that song are great (that is of course because Ms. Spears didn't write them!) and it just goes to show you how a talented band can turn something that's pure crap into a beautiful song.

monkey
monkey Posted Tue 21 Aug, 2007 1:52 AM Quote
Nikki wrote:
monkey wrote:
Nikki wrote:

Oh, I know! She totally ditched her best friend Lauren to move in with that assclown. What? O.o no, really...I don't watch it. LOL.

Lauren was a top bird, how her and Heidi were ever pals i don't know. As for him i agree, a total ass clown.......... so people told me anyway ;)

Pages [1] 2 Next All Times BST Current Time 3:24 PM