Travis

Big earthquake in Peru....
Luis
Luis Posted Fri 17 Aug, 2007 6:38 AM Quote
I am writing this to let you all know about the situation that a lot of people are living right now in Peru. There has been huge earthquake there 7.9 to be exact (very very big) and the smaller ones dont stop. There are around 500 dead people by now (not counting the missing ones) and the comunication and electricity are limited right now.

Lot of other countries are in alert of Tsunamis, like Ecuador, Colombia, Panamá and my own country Costa Rica. (It was kind of scare for the people that live near the Pacific cost in here were evacuated 1.5h after the earthquake in Peru)

I would like to send all my support to all those people and I am sure a lot of Travis fans think the same, specially to Nina, a great travis fan there in Peru. We all hope you and your family are totally ok. We all will pray for you and your people cause we are almost brothers. Peace and keep in contact

Re: Big earthquake in Peru....
Ursina
Ursina Posted Fri 17 Aug, 2007 9:44 AM Quote
Hi Luis

I have seen it in the news, it's quite dreadful

sina:)

AbsolutPurple
AbsolutPurple Posted Fri 17 Aug, 2007 10:49 AM Quote
Hola Luis,

I left a message in the "argentinian" thread yestersay and i hope everybody with relatives/friends...in Peru is ok.

Will contact an old acquaitance in Lima in a couple of days - i believe he has a lot on his plate at the moment.

Tianyan
Tianyan Posted Fri 17 Aug, 2007 11:16 AM Quote
Oh gosh, how horrid!

I hope that everyone is alright.

Best wishes.

goosey_84
goosey_84 Posted Fri 17 Aug, 2007 8:18 PM Quote
My aunt's job is collecting emergency supplies and $$ to donate...hope it gets to you all! we feel very sad for your losses peruvian friends!!

Yulia Nox
Yulia Nox Posted Fri 17 Aug, 2007 10:47 PM Quote
it's a horrible situation ):

Hope everybody is fine

All my suport

paul_c
paul_c Posted Sat 18 Aug, 2007 12:22 AM Quote
Reminds me, well not reminds me but you know what i mean, of when Peru were in Mexico for the 1970 World Cup- there was a bad earthquake at the time and all the team wanted to go back to Peru, but they played on for their country.

Our thoughts are with you all

nats
nats Posted Sat 18 Aug, 2007 4:16 AM Quote
its awful. hope every1 is ok

karinichis
karinichis Posted Sat 18 Aug, 2007 5:46 AM Quote
thanks to everyone! thanks for your support!
i'm Karina from LIma-Peru!
the situation here makes me totally sad!!!
but fortunatly there are many support from different countries and of course for the majority of peruviam people because Ica,Pisco and Cañete really need it!there are the cities most affected for this earthquake!
sorry for my english, understand me please! you know what i mean!

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 3:56 PM