Travis

Re: What language or with what accent would you like to spea
DAKOTA
DAKOTA Posted Wed 15 Aug, 2007 8:38 PM Quote
I would like to speak German properly. It's what I learned in school, and I'd like to be better at it. I don't want any other accent than the one I have. It's great.

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Wed 15 Aug, 2007 9:32 PM Quote
Quote:
would you like to speak portuguese?ehehe...I quite like it myself..lool...but it's not easy...me for example...after 22 years of practise, I still can't say "solidarity" in portuguese (solidariedade) correctly!!

I like Scottish accent too!And would like to learn chinese and latin(?!)!
I'd love to! By now I only know words "obrigado" and "amor" ( and now also "solidariedade";), but I enjoy listening to someone speaking Portugese even if I don't understand a word ;)

lulu07
lulu07 Posted Wed 15 Aug, 2007 10:25 PM Quote
megg_inc wrote:
Monica wrote:
megg_inc wrote:
I see... Myslovitz are called Polish Travis. But no, I don't really think so :P

Really? I didn't know that Myslovitz are called Polish Travis. I think they are really good (although I don't understand a word they say :p).
I'm not the biggest fan of Polish music, tho I like them- it's good to understand them, because their lyrics are very beautiful and intelligent (which is not very common in Polish songs ;P) Do you have their double CD with best songs? They've released it few years ago.

lulu07 wrote:
Did anyone notice you spell Polish like nail polish or furniture polish like Polish, people or things from Poland?

Well, technically, you pronunciate Polish (as people or language) more like Pohlish and nail polish like, you know, nail polish ;)

Yeah that's right but I put spell

Joana
Joana Posted Thu 16 Aug, 2007 12:21 PM Quote
megg_inc wrote:
Quote:
would you like to speak portuguese?ehehe...I quite like it myself..lool...but it's not easy...me for example...after 22 years of practise, I still can't say "solidarity" in portuguese (solidariedade) correctly!!

I like Scottish accent too!And would like to learn chinese and latin(?!)!
I'd love to! By now I only know words "obrigado" and "amor" ( and now also "solidariedade";), but I enjoy listening to someone speaking Portugese even if I don't understand a word ;)

That's very cool!!One very popular word in portuguese is "saudade" which doesn't have direct translation in any other language!!Basically it means when you miss a person very deeply!!It is said that the word is used since the time of the portuguese discoveries when a person needed to verbalize the big pain and loneliness felt by leaving the ones that they loved in land!
I have heard that "radioukacz" is a very difficult polish word to translate too!!

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Thu 16 Aug, 2007 12:43 PM Quote
lulu07 wrote:

I know, I've noticed that after I'd replied ;)
Joana wrote:

I have heard that "radioukacz" is a very difficult polish word to translate too!!
There is no word like that! I'm trying to figure out what you meant, but I can't ;) Do you know what would it mean? Maybe there is something similar ;)

Joana
Joana Posted Thu 16 Aug, 2007 1:30 PM Quote
megg_inc wrote:
lulu07 wrote:

I know, I've noticed that after I'd replied ;)
Joana wrote:

There is no word like that! I'm trying to figure out what you meant, but I can't ;) Do you know what would it mean? Maybe there is something similar ;)

I read it somewhere some time ago..lol...

I was searching again and find this...http://www.thewordcompany.de/blog/archives/2005/03/hard_to_transla.html
I said it wrong...lol!
"Radioustukacz - Polish for a person who worked as a telegraphist for the resistance movements on the Soviet side of the Iron Curtain." Is it correct?

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Thu 16 Aug, 2007 2:02 PM Quote
Joana wrote:

I was searching again and find this...http://www.thewordcompany.de/blog/archives/2005/03/hard_to_transla.html
I said it wrong...lol!
"Radioustukacz - Polish for a person who worked as a telegraphist for the resistance movements on the Soviet side of the Iron Curtain." Is it correct?
You totally made my day! ;) I guess it's correct, tho this word is not very useful, haha:) But you know what? I've learnt new Polish word thanks to you!

Monica
Monica Posted Thu 16 Aug, 2007 2:49 PM Quote
megg_inc wrote:
Monica wrote:
megg_inc wrote:
I see... Myslovitz are called Polish Travis. But no, I don't really think so :P

Really? I didn't know that Myslovitz are called Polish Travis. I think they are really good (although I don't understand a word they say :p).
I'm not the biggest fan of Polish music, tho I like them- it's good to understand them, because their lyrics are very beautiful and intelligent (which is not very common in Polish songs ;P) Do you have their double CD with best songs? They've released it few years ago.

I "have" the following albums: Sun Machine; Korova Milky Bar (English and Polish version) and Happiness is easy. I think music shops don't sell their albums here. And I have to say that hardly anyone in Spain knows anything about their music.

lilly
lilly Posted Thu 16 Aug, 2007 8:11 PM Quote
feri wrote:

I have a BMV.
Can I have a Pitza?
Where iz the closest restoorant?
Tank You
I'm Estudying at Estarbuckz
And I know what you mean by thinking, I always have to put up a Persian accent when I'm speaking with my parents so they understand what I'm saying.

:D ESTARBUCKZ! Brilliant.
I sometimes ask myself HOW they manage this accent. As my knowledge of Farsi is still pretty basic (tragically), I always have to speak English with my Iranian relatives on the phone, and that's sometimes very difficult for me AND them ;) (But I have to say that I really love it when Iranians speak German. Suddenly our boring letter "a" becomes more interesting to listen to ;) )

feri wrote:

Salam! Khoobi? Chetori? Man Traviso kheili doost daram.

Aaaargh, could you come over and teach me, please? It's horrible, I can understand things (I'm fine, thank you, how are you? I love Travis, too, of course), but all the stuff I learned in the last year is quickly leaving my brain now - it's really in a hurry - wooooosh, gone. That's my university's fault, I hate not having time to study more Farsi. I can speak German with a perfect Persian accent, though ;)

Anyway:
Did your parents emigrate to Canada when you were a child?

lilly
lilly Posted Thu 16 Aug, 2007 8:18 PM Quote
DAKOTA wrote:
I would like to speak German properly. It's what I learned in school, and I'd like to be better at it.

Woah, jemand der Deutsch lernen möchte! Ich bin überrascht, unsere Sprache ist ja ziemlich kompliziert zu lernen, oder? Wie lange hast Du Deutschunterricht gehabt? Und übst Du denn ein bisschen? ;)

Joana
Joana Posted Thu 16 Aug, 2007 8:25 PM Quote
megg_inc wrote:
Joana wrote:

I said it wrong...lol!
You totally made my day! ;) I guess it's correct, tho this word is not very useful, haha:) But you know what? I've learnt new Polish word thanks to you!

ehehe...yeah...it's not a word you can use regurlaly but well...it's there and you know it!!ihih

DAKOTA
DAKOTA Posted Thu 16 Aug, 2007 8:38 PM Quote

Quote:
Woah, jemand der Deutsch lernen möchte! Ich bin überrascht, unsere Sprache ist ja ziemlich kompliziert zu lernen, oder? Wie lange hast Du Deutschunterricht gehabt? Und übst Du denn ein bisschen? ;)

Yes! I know, the vocabulary wasn't so bad it's the Grammar that just confounds me, and I really didn't want to take Spanish because Everybody else did. I only took four years in high school, which is why I had to look up a few of those words in that paragraph and why I don't know how to respond back in German. haha! But for High School being almost ten years ago I'm actually suprised I understood any of it! I have nobody to practice with! ;)

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Thu 16 Aug, 2007 8:45 PM Quote
I'd like to speak with a West Coast Scottish accent and a very slight twang of Dubliner,

Fuck Me , I already do :)

Dubz
nemo me impune lacessit

lilly
lilly Posted Thu 16 Aug, 2007 8:53 PM Quote
DAKOTA wrote:

Quote:

Yes! I know, the vocabulary wasn't so bad it's the Grammar that just confounds me, and I really didn't want to take Spanish because Everybody else did. I only took four years in high school, which is why I had to look up a few of those words in that paragraph and why I don't know how to respond back in German. haha! But for High School being almost ten years ago I'm actually suprised I understood any of it! I have nobody to practice with! ;)

Aaaah, when I started reading I thought - wait a second, I should just pretend not to understand a word and MAKE you write in German ;) But TEN years ago, wow, in that case it's great you can still understand some German!
You could have tried to answer in German, though ;)

Re: Any gossip about My Eyes video?
feri
feri Posted Fri 17 Aug, 2007 1:51 AM Quote
WTF:S My post didn't show up and somethin about Florida popped up:S This forum acts funny at times. Anyways lilly:

Is your background Iranian? Or are you part Iranian? It's good you already know some Farsi, I'm sure you'll be an expert soon! Listen to Persian music, it's crap but good for your knowledge?

Yeah I came here with my parents when I was ten, so I did go to school in Iran for a bit to be able to read and write in Farsi, but nowadays I speak it with a funny accent! And if I come across something written in Farsi, like a website I immediately change it because I don't have that sense of familiarity with Farsi anymore. When I listen to a Persian news program, I don't really understand much because they use all these bigs words that are usually Arabic=/

Pages Previous 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 Next All Times BST Current Time 10:23 AM