Travis

Possibly getting Travis tattoo :-)
FranFlower
FranFlower Posted Sun 12 Aug, 2007 11:05 PM Quote
Well, I have an appointment with a tattoo artist in two days, and I've decided not to get what I originally wanted. It's def gonna be music related as I've been playing different instruments since I was very little. Singing (mostly to myself, not often in public :P) has also always been a huge part of me. Been thinking of a small g-key. Well whatever I decide on is going on my hip, and nothing too big. I want to be able to hide it if I wanted.

The thing is, I love Travis so, and they've done so much for me, that I might go for a small snippet from a song or something.. I can't make my mind up though, so suggestions from you guys would be much appreciated :) Anything Travis related would do, wether its images or words.
Of course I want it to mean something for me personally, but some input is always nice. There are so many beautiful Travis lyrics, words and so on to choose from that I'm sure to have forgotten some gems :)

..I'm so scared I'll end up with something I regret later though. Bah, I'm such a whimp :P
I love Melinda's tattoo. I remember someone asking about her earlier on the board so heres the link to her profile:
http://www.travisonline.com/members/Melinda/

Re: Possibly getting Travis tattoo :-)
Soulslug
Soulslug Posted Sun 12 Aug, 2007 11:20 PM Quote
Oh you know, I don't wanna sound like a granny here, but I recommend to wait a little longer and think about it really carefully, especially when you're already a little afraid that you're going to regret it.

I've thought about Travis tattoo myself too for some time now. I know exactly what I would like to have, but I'm playing it safe and will probably wait for another two years :D

Oh and Melinda's tattoo is beautiful, I remember seeing it before.

I guess I wasn't any help, sorry. But make sure you'll show us the tattoo if you're still going to get it!

FranFlower
FranFlower Posted Sun 12 Aug, 2007 11:35 PM Quote
I know I know.. But I've wanted a small tattoo ever since I was 14 or so (I'm 21 now :P). Only I haven't been able to decide for sure on a motive.. I was so ready to get one just after exams this spring, but they were fully booked then. Now I'm having second thoughts, but Travis really means alot to me. I think I'll phone the tattoo guy tomorrow to postpone my appointment a little. I need to find the right image/words that "click" with me first..

Soulslug
Soulslug Posted Sun 12 Aug, 2007 11:39 PM Quote
That sounds like a good plan :)

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Mon 13 Aug, 2007 12:18 AM Quote
think about it , check out the shoppe a few times , talk with the artist , feel comfortable. DON"T drink alcohol before , you'll BLEED more and the artist will CHARGE more . But if you wanted one for that long most likly it'll happen , I've got a few myself

Go with design over words is my advice too

alyrtle
alyrtle Posted Mon 13 Aug, 2007 4:03 AM Quote
ricv64 wrote:
think about it , check out the shoppe a few times , talk with the artist , feel comfortable. DON"T drink alcohol before , you'll BLEED more and the artist will CHARGE more . But if you wanted one for that long most likly it'll happen , I've got a few myself

woah, how does drinking make you bleed more?

Elein
Elein Posted Mon 13 Aug, 2007 8:44 AM Quote
I will probably do the same thing, after thinking about it for many years. But I cant deside where and what. I was thinking about "as you are" because thats song is so important to me, but then Melinda did it, and i'm not sure I want to do the same thing. Then again , the world is a big place, so what if Melinda and I have the same tatoo? I have also thought about the Travis-star, but i think I will go for some Travis-lyrics thats important for me.

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Mon 13 Aug, 2007 10:05 AM Quote
I think I'm gonna get a tatoo, either .Though I think I wait till winter- my tatoo artist said it's more safe then. And I want it to be a star above my ankle :)

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Mon 13 Aug, 2007 12:37 PM Quote
alyrtle wrote:
ricv64 wrote:

woah, how does drinking make you bleed more?

Alcohol thins your blood , you bleed anyway but it'll flow out more . Tattoo artist don't like handling drunks either , thats why they'll charge more

flower_in_the_window
flower_in_the_window Posted Mon 13 Aug, 2007 2:01 PM Quote
As someone with a lot of tattoos, i'd suggest thinking about it LOTS before you get it. Make sure it's what you really want and that it means something to you!
Always pick an artist who can actually draw! (I know most use tracings, but someone who can draw is better!!)

Good luck and let us know what you decide?!!!

K xxx

BeatleGirl11
BeatleGirl11 Posted Mon 13 Aug, 2007 6:32 PM Quote
As soon as I turned 18 I knew that I wanted to get a tattoo, and the only thing that I thought I could live with was the name of my favorite band-The Beatles. I thought real hard about it, and I havent regretted it once. I suggest getting a simple tattoo that just says "Travis", you know in the same font and everything.

moominbadger
moominbadger Posted Mon 13 Aug, 2007 6:41 PM Quote
How about a little star with a T in it - like their early logo used on the Good Feeling album artwork?

Oh yeah, I agree with everybody above - Make sure you are sure, a tattoo stays with you for a hell of a long time!

Good luck :)

Tracey982
Tracey982 Posted Mon 13 Aug, 2007 6:49 PM Quote
FranFlower wrote:
heres the link to her profile:
http://www.travisonline.com/members/Melinda/

That's such a nice tattoo. I would like something like that.

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Mon 13 Aug, 2007 8:30 PM Quote
go with someone who can draw for sure . go with imagry , window sill with a flower ? like the EP cover

sandra9747
sandra9747 Posted Mon 13 Aug, 2007 8:47 PM Quote
could someone please post a picture of that star logo? :)

Pages [1] 2 Next All Times BST Current Time 2:19 AM