Travis

Re: FAO whoever wants to read this
Hanne
Hanne Posted Fri 10 Aug, 2007 10:25 PM Quote
Kirsten wrote:
Yep, it's just like myspace. However since I still refuse to get a myspace account this is all new to me :)

I wanted to visit a friend staying on the Baltic Sea and then go up to a place near Ebeltoft where some of my family had rented a house. Then my grandma had a severe stroke and I had to contact my dad up there which wasn't easy. So I had to call the service centre to try to get hold of him. as I said they were really nice and helpful.

I'm sorry about your grandma. Maybe you can come up here some other time :oD

To Lilly: I'll keep a close eye on that sun and those men!

To Abs: Merci beaucoup!

To all of you, goodnight... I really, really need some sleep before I start babbling more than I already do.

Sweet dreams, everyone! Might take a peek on the board before I leave tomorrow just after noon.

lilly
lilly Posted Fri 10 Aug, 2007 10:27 PM Quote
Kirsten wrote:
wow, even more cunning linguists on this board :)

hi, lilly.

Hi Kirsten ;)
Well I can't speak Turkish, just the few expressions above ;D -

Kirsten
Kirsten Posted Fri 10 Aug, 2007 10:29 PM Quote
Okay. Have a safe trip and a great time! Don't forget the sun block.

night, night.

Kirsten
Kirsten Posted Fri 10 Aug, 2007 10:30 PM Quote
Well, I'm impressed ;) At least you know the basics. Must come in handy when you're on holiday.

Edel
Edel Posted Fri 10 Aug, 2007 11:28 PM Quote
Happy Holidays Hanne :0)

champagnesupernova
champagnesupernova Posted Mon 13 Aug, 2007 3:05 AM Quote
Hanne wrote:
lilly wrote:
Oooh, I want to go to Turkey, too. Or somewhere. Just on a holiday *sighs*

You could ask MERIH if she'll teach you some words.
I can't remember much, just stuff like merhaba (hello), günaydın (good morning), adım Lilian (my name is Lilian), er... ask Merih!

oh and:
iyi geceler (good night!) :)

Thanks for the phrases :o) However, Merih's not around or lurking at the moment, and I'm leaving tomorrow afternoon... But since Marmaris is a touristy plac, I'm sure I'll be ok :o)

Ahh, I hate myself to miss this thread. I'd happily give you some tips, Hanne. Anyway, hope the weather doesn't bother you much. Marmaris is a lovely place. Have a great time. And pop in to Istanbul sometime! ;-)

champagnesupernova
champagnesupernova Posted Mon 13 Aug, 2007 3:06 AM Quote
lilly wrote:
Hanne wrote:
lilly wrote:
Oooh, I want to go to Turkey, too. Or somewhere. Just on a holiday *sighs*

You could ask MERIH if she'll teach you some words.
I can't remember much, just stuff like merhaba (hello), günaydın (good morning), adım Lilian (my name is Lilian), er... ask Merih!

oh and:
iyi geceler (good night!) :)

Thanks for the phrases :o) However, Merih's not around or lurking at the moment, and I'm leaving tomorrow afternoon... But since Marmaris is a touristy plac, I'm sure I'll be ok :o)

Yeah maybe - I went to Datca(er, Merih would kill me for my spelling) some years ago, and people there could, well, understand basic English, but I was so glad my dad could talk in their language to them - they suddenly were even friendlier than before ;)
But I remember Marmaris being really touristy, so you shouldn't encounter that only-basic-English dilemma there.
Have fun, by the way, and be careful with your hair colour and the men at the bazar ;)

Haha! Your Turkish is pretty good as I told you before. WAY MUCH BETTER than my German at least. LOL

But GEEEEE it's DatÇa!!! Hahahaha ;-)

turkey
turkey Posted Sat 05 Sep, 2009 6:00 PM Quote
aaah i found you here..

Pages Previous 1 [2] All Times BST Current Time 3:04 AM