Travis

FAO whoever wants to read this
Hanne
Hanne Posted Fri 10 Aug, 2007 9:36 PM Quote
Just a wee post from me... I'd love to talk about some interesting subject, but I'm dead knackered right now and I'm not sure I'm able to have a proper conversation.

However, since I'm going on holiday for two weeks, I know I'll have withdrawal symptoms from the board. And right now, I'm trying to get a last fix however tired I am lol

Re: FAO whoever wants to read this
Somewhere Else
Somewhere Else Posted Fri 10 Aug, 2007 9:47 PM Quote
Start the Friday Dance as its now missing from the Board! :-)

Kirsten
Kirsten Posted Fri 10 Aug, 2007 9:51 PM Quote
Hi Hanne!
I don't know if you're still here or if you've already fallen asleep. I just saw your post and thought I'd say hello.
Don't expect any interesting topics from me though, I'm probably just as tired as you are...
Where are you going for your holidays?

Hanne
Hanne Posted Fri 10 Aug, 2007 9:51 PM Quote
hmmm.. since it's evening (here at least), we could do a tango...

http://img.alibaba.com/photo/10880363/Tango_Art_Print___Dancing_In_The_Patio.jpg

Hanne
Hanne Posted Fri 10 Aug, 2007 9:54 PM Quote
Kirsten wrote:
Hi Hanne!
I don't know if you're still here or if you've already fallen asleep. I just saw your post and thought I'd say hello.
Don't expect any interesting topics from me though, I'm probably just as tired as you are...
Where are you going for your holidays?

Hey, how are you? :o)

Not gone to sleep yet, just put on the pjs... I'm going to Turkey, down to the heat, it seems! At least somewhat hotter than here. Already packed the swimsuit and sun block. I'm staying there for a week, visiting my friend who's a tourist guide in Marmaris.

Kirsten
Kirsten Posted Fri 10 Aug, 2007 10:00 PM Quote
I guess the sun block is a good idea! Sounds good though. After the summer we had here, you need all the sun you can get.
Did I tell you that I had plans to spend a few days in Denmark? Well, it never happened, but I talked to some girl on the phone who was extremely friendly and helpful. And i think it's amazing that you can call and people just start speaking German. Amazing!
Did you brush up your Turkish for the trip?

Hanne
Hanne Posted Fri 10 Aug, 2007 10:02 PM Quote
I do think you mentioned it once, but I didn't know that you didn't go. And yes, some Danes do speak German... ;o)

To brush up on my Turkish, I'd have to know some in advance. I can't say a word. I trust that my friend can teach me a little, she's got a Turkish boyfriend.

Kirsten
Kirsten Posted Fri 10 Aug, 2007 10:09 PM Quote
When I first called I used English, but when she knew where I was from and she called me back 10 minutes later she just switched to perfect German.

Well, you have two weeks to practice your Turkish now.

We're friends now btw. :)

lilly
lilly Posted Fri 10 Aug, 2007 10:11 PM Quote
Oooh, I want to go to Turkey, too. Or somewhere. Just on a holiday *sighs*

You could ask MERIH if she'll teach you some words.
I can't remember much, just stuff like merhaba (hello), günaydin (with the i without the dot) (good morning), adim Lilian (my name is Lilian), er... ask Merih!

oh and:
iyi geceler (good night!) :)

Hanne
Hanne Posted Fri 10 Aug, 2007 10:12 PM Quote
Thanks for the add :o) I wish you could make top friends like on myspace. The whole profile part has gone all myspace anyway.

Did you per chance call a tourist office? And how come you didn't go?

Hanne
Hanne Posted Fri 10 Aug, 2007 10:13 PM Quote
lilly wrote:

I can't remember much, just stuff like merhaba (hello), günaydın (good morning), adım Lilian (my name is Lilian), er... ask Merih!

oh and:

Thanks for the phrases :o) However, Merih's not around or lurking at the moment, and I'm leaving tomorrow afternoon... But since Marmaris is a touristy plac, I'm sure I'll be ok :o)

lilly
lilly Posted Fri 10 Aug, 2007 10:18 PM Quote
Hanne wrote:
lilly wrote:

I can't remember much, just stuff like merhaba (hello), günaydın (good morning), adım Lilian (my name is Lilian), er... ask Merih!

oh and:

Thanks for the phrases :o) However, Merih's not around or lurking at the moment, and I'm leaving tomorrow afternoon... But since Marmaris is a touristy plac, I'm sure I'll be ok :o)

Yeah maybe - I went to Datca(er, Merih would kill me for my spelling) some years ago, and people there could, well, understand basic English, but I was so glad my dad could talk in their language to them - they suddenly were even friendlier than before ;)
But I remember Marmaris being really touristy, so you shouldn't encounter that only-basic-English dilemma there.
Have fun, by the way, and be careful with your hair colour and the men at the bazar ;)

Kirsten
Kirsten Posted Fri 10 Aug, 2007 10:18 PM Quote
Yep, it's just like myspace. However since I still refuse to get a myspace account this is all new to me :)

I wanted to visit a friend staying on the Baltic Sea and then go up to a place near Ebeltoft where some of my family had rented a house. Then my grandma had a severe stroke and I had to contact my dad up there which wasn't easy. So I had to call the service centre to try to get hold of him. as I said they were really nice and helpful.

AbsolutPurple
AbsolutPurple Posted Fri 10 Aug, 2007 10:20 PM Quote
Bonnes vacances Hanne !

Je te souhaite du repos, du soleil, de jolies visites et de boire du raki en pensant aux boardies !

Fred

Kirsten
Kirsten Posted Fri 10 Aug, 2007 10:21 PM Quote
wow, even more cunning linguists on this board :)

hi, lilly.

Pages [1] 2 Next All Times BST Current Time 1:21 PM