Travis

Joni Mitchell
paul_c
paul_c Posted Mon 06 Aug, 2007 11:27 PM Quote
I've got 'Blue' and 'Hits'- no idea what other albums are good. Anyone any ideas?

Fran, i know you're a fan- what albums are good?

Re: Joni Mitchell
alyrtle
alyrtle Posted Tue 07 Aug, 2007 6:29 AM Quote
i never heard of joni mitchell until i saw Travis' cover of her song River. Now I love that song! I should go listen to some more :) i'm such a noob.

Moray
Moray Posted Tue 07 Aug, 2007 8:56 AM Quote
Don't get any of her jazz experimentation shit from the 70's! Just stick to the 60's folk stuff. Anything from around the Blue era.

Paul, have you ever bought/listened to the last waltz?

[url=]http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0077838/[/url]

My mum got me it for Xmas about ten years ago, along with a copy of The Bands 'Music from Big Pink' & George Harrisons 'All Things Must Pass' and I haven't looked back since. Great stepping stone if you're wanting to get into more Joni Mitchell, Van Morrison, Emmylou Harris, Neil Young and the like.

AbsolutPurple
AbsolutPurple Posted Tue 07 Aug, 2007 9:55 AM Quote
sorry not Fran aswering !

i like "Both sides now"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Both_Sides_Now

fyi : the woman is really talented - she also paints her own album covers.

Helen *the original*
Helen *the original* Posted Tue 07 Aug, 2007 10:45 AM Quote
Blue, definately listen to Blue. It's one of my most favourite albums. My dad gave me a copy when i was younger and i loved it. It's such a relaxing album, it's best listening to it after a stressful day just lying down and listening to it, it really relaxes you! Her voice is amazing and i'd highly recommend it!

ParkAvePirate
ParkAvePirate Posted Tue 07 Aug, 2007 1:40 PM Quote
Another great one is “Ladies of the Canyon” (one of my faves.) If you are interested in listening to something a little different “Misses” is an interesting album. Finally, “Songs of a Prairie Girl” is a re-mixed/re-mastered collection.

Peewee
Peewee Posted Tue 07 Aug, 2007 2:29 PM Quote
I've always wondered about Joni Mitchell, not sure if I would like her music but I remember hearing "Both Sides Now" in the film 'Love Actually' and thinks wow I love that song so got the soundtrack! lol

paul_c
paul_c Posted Tue 07 Aug, 2007 5:18 PM Quote
Thanks for the advice Helen. It's exactly what i did when i listened to Blue the other night, cos i've got that one! ;)

So Both Sides Now and Ladies of the Canyon are recommended. Thanks! I'll keep my eyes open for them :)

Ursina
Ursina Posted Tue 07 Aug, 2007 5:43 PM Quote
looks like I'm the only one who doesn't like her *sigh* I wish I could. but then again I can't think of a female artist that I really like.

AbsolutPurple
AbsolutPurple Posted Tue 07 Aug, 2007 5:54 PM Quote
Ursina wrote:
looks like I'm the only one who doesn't like her *sigh* I wish I could. but then again I can't think of a female artist that I really like.

really ?

Ursina
Ursina Posted Tue 07 Aug, 2007 5:58 PM Quote
yep honestly I quite like KT Tunstall but no ... I prefer men (voices) lol

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 2:56 PM