Dutchgirl Posted Mon 06 Aug, 2007 2:26 PM Quote

Re: anyone has something to talk?
weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Mon 06 Aug, 2007 2:48 PM Quote
?

Dutchgirl
Dutchgirl Posted Mon 06 Aug, 2007 3:25 PM Quote
well it was so boring here i thought maybe there is someone really wants to talk about something......

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Mon 06 Aug, 2007 3:28 PM Quote
Do you think it's quieter because their CD has been out a few months, their tour is over, so less people are coming to the board? I just started posting in June so I don't know what it was like, say, a year ago when there wasn't much Travis news.

happy_me
happy_me Posted Mon 06 Aug, 2007 3:39 PM Quote
weirdmominaustin wrote:
Do you think it's quieter because their CD has been out a few months, their tour is over, so less people are coming to the board? I just started posting in June so I don't know what it was like, say, a year ago when there wasn't much Travis news.

I think it might have something to do with exactly that! The buzz wears off so to say, and that leaves only the hard core left. I'm sure it will get buisier when the european tour starts in the fall.

minnesotamary
minnesotamary Posted Mon 06 Aug, 2007 3:40 PM Quote
i agree. the excitement is wearing down. my mind can only remember so much from that incredible night. i really do hope they come back in the fall.

i watched some of their DVDs over the weekend. they looked so young...:)

happy_me
happy_me Posted Mon 06 Aug, 2007 3:45 PM Quote
minnesotamary wrote:
i agree. the excitement is wearing down. my mind can only remember so much from that incredible night. i really do hope they come back in the fall.

I hardly remember anything from the first time I saw them, only Happy to Hang Around and that Fran was wearing a white suit with an Amnesty t-shirt in it... I was so high on adrenalin I guess, so my memory just blocked anything that tried to stick hehe. I watched the More Than Us DVD on saturday, and yes, they look so young... but it's been 8 years since they mad it ;) I looked very much younger 8 years ago (even tho I'm just a baby still lol)

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Mon 06 Aug, 2007 3:51 PM Quote
Well we can all still have fun talking about other stuff. And the GC board is supposed to be for that anyway.

minnesotamary
minnesotamary Posted Mon 06 Aug, 2007 3:53 PM Quote
i agree! so how's austin? i haven't been back in ages. i saw a guy up here in MN wearing a longhorn jersey and i just wanted to go up and hug him! i miss my longhorn days!!

happy_me
happy_me Posted Mon 06 Aug, 2007 3:57 PM Quote
weirdmominaustin wrote:
Well we can all still have fun talking about other stuff. And the GC board is supposed to be for that anyway.

so very true! I'm scared of the T board anyways... too many "enthusiastic" fans there

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Mon 06 Aug, 2007 4:06 PM Quote
minnesotamary wrote:
i agree! so how's austin? i haven't been back in ages. i saw a guy up here in MN wearing a longhorn jersey and i just wanted to go up and hug him! i miss my longhorn days!!

Well it's finally stopped raining so we are having some typical Austin summer days- unforgiving heat. But usually by August I'm about to tear my hair out over the hear. This year, though, I, like most people, am not as worn down by it. Only another month and the weather will be great again.

Everything is getting a little more crowded as people come back from vacation, are coming back for school....

Dutchgirl
Dutchgirl Posted Mon 06 Aug, 2007 4:07 PM Quote
weirdmominaustin wrote:

i also agree that! i look almost everyday at the board because here we can talk about travis but also about lot of other things!i always have alot of fun here!

paul_c
paul_c Posted Mon 06 Aug, 2007 4:23 PM Quote
minnesotamary wrote:

I don't think they look particularly old now, for the ages they are!

minnesotamary
minnesotamary Posted Mon 06 Aug, 2007 4:40 PM Quote
Hmmm...i wonder what the average age of us boardies are!!!

i'll be turning the big 3-0 in a couple of weeks! Yeah!

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Mon 06 Aug, 2007 4:52 PM Quote
paul_c wrote:
I don't think they look particularly old now, for the ages they are!

I don't think they even look their ages now but they look like babies in the way old stuff.

About the average boardie age...I think it would be somewhere in the 20s. I just turned 31, so Mary, here's an early welcome to the 30s! I was happy to get out of my 20s actually....tired of people not taking me seriously because I was "so young."

Pages [1] 2 Next All Times BST Current Time 10:33 PM