Travis

Fauxhawk
alyrtle
alyrtle Posted Sat 04 Aug, 2007 7:25 AM Quote
...So...did Fran create the fauxhawk and popularize it? Or did David Beckham. Wikipedia says Beckham did it, but other sources have cited Fran...??

Re: Fauxhawk
kevinnn
kevinnn Posted Sat 04 Aug, 2007 9:20 AM Quote
fran had it before beckham, but fran didn't create it.

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Sat 04 Aug, 2007 1:03 PM Quote
I remember people having them in the 80's , but most people remember Marky Mark sporting one

Trixi
Trixi Posted Sat 04 Aug, 2007 1:32 PM Quote
there is a photogroph of my grand dad when he was about 5 or 6 where he has that kind of hairdo. He told they used to do it at the photographer, even made the hair wet to form the mohawk/fauxhawk...whatever it's called...so I would say he was one if the first, haha!
Ahh, every hairdo repeats..I wonder when those disturbing 80's blow-dry hairdos a la George Michael return, ugh! :-s
*lol*

Nikki
Nikki Posted Sat 04 Aug, 2007 2:31 PM Quote
Don't know who actually had it first...but Fran looked best with it! ;)

mayfly
mayfly Posted Sat 04 Aug, 2007 2:45 PM Quote
I heard many times that some ppl really got shocked when they first saw Fran. A soft and tender voiced man with a PINK mohawk. haha. Personally I prefer Fran's blondish(?) mohawk.

NewBaby
NewBaby Posted Sat 04 Aug, 2007 2:58 PM Quote
Nikki wrote:
Don't know who actually had it first...but Fran looked best with it! ;)

I couldn't agree more!

kevinnn
kevinnn Posted Sat 04 Aug, 2007 5:15 PM Quote
fran had it a good few days before. i remember him on cd:uk joking that beckham was following his amazing fashion trends.

alyrtle
alyrtle Posted Sat 04 Aug, 2007 8:39 PM Quote
yay! in yo face wikipedia!

feri
feri Posted Tue 07 Aug, 2007 1:06 AM Quote
Based on my memory, Fran is the original one and Beckham copied him! Fran came out with the hairdo for the Invisible Band album, which means it was the summer of 2001. While Beckham was sporting the fauxhawk during the 2002 World Cup games (which means it was the following summer). So Fran started sporting it way long b4 Beckham, unless Beckham was sporting the hairdo prior to the World Cup Games which I don't think he was (or maybe I'm wrong hmmmm)

dee
dee Posted Tue 07 Aug, 2007 1:29 AM Quote
there was some tragically exciting book on hair history in the hairdressers(ironically enough!)
fauxhawk look was called a hoxton fin and cited fran as popularizing it:)

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 12:36 AM