Re: Travis downloads
qiu-jl
qiu-jl Posted Sun 10 Feb, 2008 9:17 AM Quote
THANK U!!!!!!!!!

Typing to Reach You
Typing to Reach You Posted Sun 10 Feb, 2008 11:45 AM Quote
Longest. Post. Eva.

I've been using this place to download the occasional b-side but didn't realise quite how many files have built up over the years. http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x66/Jearoon2/Smilies/17-Eek.gif

the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Sun 10 Feb, 2008 1:41 PM Quote
Yeah, it's becoming quite impressive! The video one isn't too shabby either.

Bellringer
Bellringer Posted Tue 04 Mar, 2008 5:37 AM Quote
This is amazing, great work!

Bellringer
Bellringer Posted Fri 30 May, 2008 3:10 AM Quote
Just thought I might let you know that the versions of No Cigar, A Little Bit Of Soul, Ancient Train and Central Station, along with You DOn't KNow What I'm Like and Ring Out The Bell (all Invisible Band b-sides, have all been pretty badly corrupted and are skipping quite severely.

velvet
velvet Posted Fri 30 May, 2008 6:42 AM Quote
Oh gosh! That's wonderful! Pitty, I haven't got too much free time at that weekend=(((

the boy with a cryptic name Posted Fri 30 May, 2008 9:25 AM Quote
Bellringer wrote:
Just thought I might let you know that the versions of No Cigar, A Little Bit Of Soul, Ancient Train and Central Station, along with You DOn't KNow What I'm Like and Ring Out The Bell (all Invisible Band b-sides, have all been pretty badly corrupted and are skipping quite severely.

Yeah, I believe Unbelievers and All The Young Dudes aren't in mint condition either.

Don't forget that you can get pretty much all the TIB singles and lots of others on 7 digital and other download stores.

Tonie
Tonie Posted Fri 30 May, 2008 2:22 PM Quote
Forgive me for raining on the parade here, but, as friendly as you're being, sharing your Travis collection, is this entirely moral, or fair on the band?

I agree that buying everything that Travis has ever released is a luxury not everyone can afford- myself included. But I'm having a bit of a problem with this free for all, when the proceeds of any sale should be going, at least in part, to the band.

Alternatively, there's a guy in another thread selling his own music collection on ebay to raise money for charity. Dare I suggest that you support Michael's sponsored run in return for the downloads in this thread?

Just a suggestion. Feel free to shout me down right here.

the boy with a cryptic name Posted Fri 30 May, 2008 3:10 PM Quote
Feel free to rain if you want to ;)

I'm sure Fran generally doesn't mind this so long as we buy most of the things, I always thought that he'd said that sharing b-sides was OK at some point, but I can't remember why I think that :S If he doesn't want us to, that's fine by me.

What Michael's doing is fantastic and I fully support that people should give something to either the band or to someone like Michael's fundraising when they download tracks from there. I'm not sure many people would, but that's another matter...

Tonie
Tonie Posted Fri 30 May, 2008 3:23 PM Quote
the boy with a cryptic name wrote:

I'm sure Fran generally doesn't mind this so long as we buy most of the things, I always thought that he'd said that sharing b-sides was OK at some point, but I can't remember why I think that :S If he doesn't want us to, that's fine by me.

What Michael's doing is fantastic and I fully support that people should give something to either the band or to someone like Michael's fundraising when they download tracks from there. I'm not sure many people would, but that's another matter...

Thanks for supporting my thought process, especially given that it goes against the majority!

(I know we're here to be friendly, but I seem to spend my whole time online disagreeing with people. I don't mean to. I really am a nice person, honest!!!)

As to whether Fran is ok with people helping themselves to freebies in this way, I'd genuinely love to know his thoughts, either directly - if you're reading this Fran- or through TWT.

If it gets the big guy's blessing, then I stand down humbled. But Travis have to eat and provide for their growing families, so I would be surprised if there's carte blanche approval! Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Re the charitable cause, maybe Michael will set up an online donation web page. Will suggest in his thread.

Pages Previous 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Next All Times BST Current Time 3:40 PM