Travis

Re: Travis skips fans in Orlando
PictureInWhite
PictureInWhite Posted Wed 01 Aug, 2007 1:47 PM Quote
Amandabug, that is the most well thought-out, well stated post in the entire thread. Thank you.

clockpolitiks
clockpolitiks Posted Wed 01 Aug, 2007 6:11 PM Quote
Amandabug wrote:
i've seen the band over 20 times, and not once, even now, do i assume i will get to see them after the shows. if you think waiting two hours for the band is harsh, i've flown cross country AND waited hours, but i know that what i do is my decision and no one is forcing me to wait for them after a show. what the band does after shows is incredibly nice but they don't have to do any of it. you bought a ticket to the show and they were obligated to play a damn good show for you, which it sounds like they did. after the show, their job is over. if they're tired or worse, not in a good mood, would you want to be meet them anyway?

maybe travis fans are getting spoiled because the band is so nice. this reminds me of the show in philadelphia 2003 when a girl in the front row expected fran to get off the stage in the middle of WDIAROM just to take a photo with her. and when he motioned that he couldn't stop and that he was still singing (midverse!) she flipped him the bird and left.

Well, you have made a good point (that girl sounds crazy), but the problem I had was that friends of the band as well as their crew kept telling us that they were coming. I know not to expect them to come out right after the show. Most bands don't. I realize that. Before the concert started, I didn't assume anything. It's a 50/50 chance for them coming out, but when friends of the band and others keep telling you "they said they're coming", it was pretty difficult to think otherwise. No, I would not want to meet them if they were in bad condition, but we don't know that was the case.

Lucile
Lucile Posted Wed 01 Aug, 2007 6:43 PM Quote
I understand that what people have told you may have been misleading but you shouldn't have listened to what they were saying as they probably didn't know much about what was going on inside.

When I saw the band in Paris back in June, I arrived early at the venue and the crew members were still unloading the trucks. We were just two fans by that time and one of the crew members began to talk to us and said that the band was probably going to arrive shortly. We later found out that he didn't even know what the band looked like! Every time he heard someone speaking English, he came to us and said "These guys could be from the band for all I know, maybe you should go and talk to them". It turns out he was pointing to the support act. He was lovely and probably meant well but I didn't pay much attention to what he was saying.

alyrtle
alyrtle Posted Wed 01 Aug, 2007 6:45 PM Quote
KILL THIS THREAD OF NEGATIVITYYY

i just spent about 30 minutes putting it at the bottom of the page ><

clockpolitiks
clockpolitiks Posted Wed 01 Aug, 2007 7:24 PM Quote
Lucile wrote:
I understand that what people have told you may have been misleading but you shouldn't have listened to what they were saying as they probably didn't know much about what was going on inside.

When I saw the band in Paris back in June, I arrived early at the venue and the crew members were still unloading the trucks. We were just two fans by that time and one of the crew members began to talk to us and said that the band was probably going to arrive shortly. We later found out that he didn't even know what the band looked like! Every time he heard someone speaking English, he came to us and said "These guys could be from the band for all I know, maybe you should go and talk to them". It turns out he was pointing to the support act. He was lovely and probably meant well but I didn't pay much attention to what he was saying.

Well, sure, now I realize that I shouldn't have listened to them, but how was I supposed to realize that at the time? Everyone who stayed listened to them. I've been to many other concerts where the crew was very helpful. You're speculating what happened based on your experience, and I'm doing the same with mine. That's really all there is to it. I agree, this thread has come and gone.

paul_c
paul_c Posted Wed 01 Aug, 2007 11:02 PM Quote
CP, i read in your review that it might put you off going to see them again. Don't let it. Just don't wait the next time.

Travis are too good a live band to be snuffed at!

clockpolitiks
clockpolitiks Posted Wed 01 Aug, 2007 11:08 PM Quote
Yea, I said that when I was still REALLY angry. I've cooled off since then. I'd definitely see them in concert again. I'll meet them eventually.

paul_c
paul_c Posted Wed 01 Aug, 2007 11:09 PM Quote
Yeah. Don't forget it took some people around here nearly 8 years of Travis gigs before they got to meet them..

houseofthuan
houseofthuan Posted Thu 02 Aug, 2007 8:19 AM Quote
ElspethOllie wrote:
houseofthuan wrote:
PS. I hear that Cypress Gardens will be extra nice park to go visit on Wednesday, August 1, 2007. You'll get a "good feeling" there.

I'll ask again so we'll get off of this depressing thread. WHAT'S GOING ON HERE! Are they going to be @ Cypress Gardens? DOES ANYONE KNOW?!

Sorry for the cryptic hint. But yeah, Travis was in downtown Orlando on Tuesday filming exterior neighborhood and interior hospital shots for their video "My Eyes". Then on Wednesday, they were at Cypress Gardens (about 30 miles south of HOB) to film shots of them going down a water slide.

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Thu 02 Aug, 2007 1:34 PM Quote
paul_c wrote:
CP, i read in your review that it might put you off going to see them again. Don't let it. Just don't wait the next time.

Travis are too good a live band to be snuffed at!

I put more importance on the live show then meeting the band . They kick ass live

Tianyan
Tianyan Posted Thu 02 Aug, 2007 1:57 PM Quote
This is one loooooooooooong thread...I haven't read all of it, though I understand your disappointment. You will have another chance in the future, they seem like really nice dudes and I am sure that there is a reason for the slight. Besides, as you said yourself...ANDY came out! :)

Pages Previous 1...3 4 5 6 [7] All Times BST Current Time 7:12 AM