Travis

Re: Travis skips fans in Orlando
emmahealy
emmahealy Posted Tue 31 Jul, 2007 7:55 PM Quote
clockpolitiks wrote:
emmahealy wrote:
clockpolitiks wrote:
I know, I know, you can't expect them to always come out. That's ok with me. If they aren't going to come out, that's fine. The only thing was that people kept telling us that they were coming. I'm actually more disappointed at them than I am the band. Still though, a message would have been prudent.

Bullsh1t... you would still have waited "just in case"

They dont have to come out at all you are fine with that... so you are complaining about something the band dont even have to do!!!!

jesus

Yea, I am fine with them not coming out. What I'm not ok with is people telling us throughout 2 1/2 that they are coming, only to have them drive right by us in their tour bus, and pulling down the blinds in the bus. If someone told us flat out, "they aren't coming out tonight". I would have left. I had a couple hours drive ahead of me. Are you even reading my posts?

yes dahling I am reading your post... and i'm saying you would have waited anyway.

paul_c
paul_c Posted Tue 31 Jul, 2007 7:57 PM Quote
Thank you! I am so proud of my intelligent posts- glad they're acknowledged! Haha, just kidding. They're few and far between, but thanks for noticing they exist! :D

alyrtle
alyrtle Posted Tue 31 Jul, 2007 7:57 PM Quote
houseofthuan wrote:
All this talk about sneaking, and getting drunk, and wanting rest is all speculation. We (the audience/fans) have no idea what's going behind the gates or backstage. At the same time, Travis, very likely, does not know what's going on the outside. The band members, very likely do not know what their crew or roadies tell the fans.

Travis has been extremely generous in the past to come out after shows and greet fans. But that's something they're not obliged to do. All they owe us is a great show for the ticket price we paid. (By my standards, $20 US is a bargain for what they put on.)

We're assuming they intentionally snubbed or disrespected fans. I like to think they're better than that. These guys put on a great show. They're job was done. Andy decided to give a little extra. That's just the way it goes.

PS. I hear that Cypress Gardens will be extra nice park to go visit on Wednesday, August 1, 2007. You'll get a "good feeling" there.

haha is that in Florida, where is that? are they shooting a vid/busking there or something?

goosey_84
goosey_84 Posted Tue 31 Jul, 2007 8:01 PM Quote
i agree with emma...you probably would have waited anyway (i would have)...you would have thought "oh what do they know"....

...moving on to another thread...

SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Tue 31 Jul, 2007 8:02 PM Quote
clockpolitiks wrote:

Yea, I am fine with them not coming out. What I'm not ok with is people telling us throughout 2 1/2 that they are coming, only to have them drive right by us in their tour bus, and pulling down the blinds in the bus. If someone told us flat out, "they aren't coming out tonight". I would have left. I had a couple hours drive ahead of me. Are you even reading my posts?

Well, you can't put too much into what the other guys say...i mean, obviously, they didn't know what was going on either. Otherwise why would they have told you that the band was coming out if they didn't know.
Someone made a great point: Maybe the band came out and greeted fans before the show...you never know!

Lucile
Lucile Posted Tue 31 Jul, 2007 8:02 PM Quote
clockpolitiks wrote:

But Andy did come out! He could have just walked past you all without stopping but you said he stayed for 15 minutes which is a long time. Isn't that good enough?

clockpolitiks
clockpolitiks Posted Tue 31 Jul, 2007 8:12 PM Quote
[/quote]But Andy did come out! He could have just walked past you all without stopping but you said he stayed for 15 minutes which is a long time. Isn't that good enough? [/quote]

Sorry, I worded that wrong. I meant to say that I would have been ok if the rest of them hadn't come out if Andy or someone else had said so. Oh, Andy was great. It was very nice of him to come out. It was almost good enough actually.

paul_c
paul_c Posted Tue 31 Jul, 2007 8:13 PM Quote
Lol, so what's the problem then?

Esteban
Esteban Posted Tue 31 Jul, 2007 8:18 PM Quote
paul_c wrote:

Too funny.

clockpolitiks
clockpolitiks Posted Tue 31 Jul, 2007 8:19 PM Quote
emmahealy wrote:
clockpolitiks wrote:
emmahealy wrote:
clockpolitiks wrote:
I know, I know, you can't expect them to always come out. That's ok with me. If they aren't going to come out, that's fine. The only thing was that people kept telling us that they were coming. I'm actually more disappointed at them than I am the band. Still though, a message would have been prudent.

Bullsh1t... you would still have waited "just in case"

They dont have to come out at all you are fine with that... so you are complaining about something the band dont even have to do!!!!

jesus

yes dahling I am reading your post... and i'm saying you would have waited anyway.

And I'm telling you I would have left. That's all there is to it.

SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Tue 31 Jul, 2007 8:22 PM Quote
paul_c wrote:

Lol! sorry, this was really funny!

paul_c
paul_c Posted Tue 31 Jul, 2007 8:51 PM Quote
It wasn't meant to be funny. I'm being serious- they complain about not meeting the band (yes, there were circumstances- i haven't forgotten) and then says meeting Andy was enough

Whaaat?

alramon13
alramon13 Posted Tue 31 Jul, 2007 9:02 PM Quote
Just a helpful note...Go to more than one show. Your odds of meeting the band become greater;)

I don't know if the House of Blues had something to do with it. Someone...i don't know if it was a fan, one of the band members i talked to or who it was that told me, but...hell...maybe something went down at the HOB Dallas show. Security must've been a hard ass or something. The Florida show was at the HOB, correct? You go to one HOB, you can pretty much get it at the next HOB. But you know, don't listen to me. When i heard all this talk, i hadn't slept in like 48 hours, i was taking tums/aspirin left and right and shooting down tequila shots...you name it...to ease the pain. When i saw Neil and Fran after that Austin gig, i was not in great spirits...tho i didn't whine about it or in any way let others know how i was feeling...the alcohol was beginning to wear off...i was out of it still and i looked bad and all i wanted to do was go to my hotel room and sleep. I can just imagine what the boys in the band go through. But i did have an excellent time at the gig, which is more important to me. I've met the guys before, something like this would never bug me. I guess if i was 13 and never met the band, i would feel this way. It was just something that happens some times, you know. They aren't obligated to go and meet fans after a gig. It's an added bonus that they give to their fans. You just happened to experience an off night. I hope you don't hold it against them. The closing of a blind was most likely out of embarrasement and not because they were laughing in your face. Please...these guys give you their heart and soul, they bare it all to you through their music. You realize how hard that is? It's hard enough. You will one day get to meet the band and it will be the greatest moment of your life. Good things come to those who wait.

PictureInWhite
PictureInWhite Posted Tue 31 Jul, 2007 9:06 PM Quote
In Minneapolis, the VENUE staff kept telling us they *weren't* coming out, that they had to leave at 12:30...it wasn't true...this, coincidentally, is NOT the first time I'd heard that story...moral of the story: Don't listen to venue staff...they have no idea what's going on...

Esteban
Esteban Posted Tue 31 Jul, 2007 9:06 PM Quote
alramon13 wrote:
Just a helpful note...Go to more than one show. Your odds of meeting the band become greater;)

I don't know if the House of Blues had something to do with it. Someone...i don't know if it was a fan, one of the band members i talked to or who it was that told me, but...hell...maybe something went down at the HOB Dallas show. Security must've been a hard ass or something. The Florida show was at the HOB, correct? You go to one HOB, you can pretty much get it at the next HOB. But you know, don't listen to me. When i heard all this talk, i hadn't slept in like 48 hours, i was taking tums/aspirin left and right and shooting down tequila shots...you name it...to ease the pain. When i saw Neil and Fran after that Austin gig, i was not in great spirits...tho i didn't whine about it or in any way let others know how i was feeling...the alcohol was beginning to wear off...i was out of it still and i looked bad and all i wanted to do was go to my hotel room and sleep. I can just imagine what the boys in the band go through. But i did have an excellent time at the gig, which is more important to me. I've met the guys before, something like this would never bug me. I guess if i was 13 and never met the band, i would feel this way. It was just something that happens some times, you know. They aren't obligated to go and meet fans after a gig. It's an added bonus that they give to their fans. You just happened to experience an off night. I hope you don't hold it against them. The closing of a blind was most likely out of embarrasement and not because they were laughing in your face. Please...these guys give you their heart and soul, they bare it all to you through their music. You realize how hard that is? It's hard enough. You will one day get to meet the band and it will be the greatest moment of your life. Good things come to those who wait.

Post of the thread.

Pages Previous 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Next All Times BST Current Time 7:28 PM