Travis

Is Travis Worth Killing Yourself???
GotChrist
GotChrist Posted Sun 29 Jul, 2007 8:28 PM Quote
Get this. A friend of mine said that if Travis don't come back Glasgow soon for a concert, he's going to kill himself. Now Travis are my favourite band, their excellent. But I think either he's far far far too obsessed with them or he's got a secret crush on one of the guys :P.

What I want to ask though, out of curiosity, is is anyone else THAT obsessed with Travis ... Be honest now.

Re: Is Travis Worth Killing Yourself???
accousticbug
accousticbug Posted Sun 29 Jul, 2007 8:39 PM Quote
not really funny if its supposed to be..

pretty silly ..

accousticbug
accousticbug Posted Sun 29 Jul, 2007 8:39 PM Quote

paul_c
paul_c Posted Sun 29 Jul, 2007 8:40 PM Quote
That's just stupid. No one would kill themselves over a band, Kurt Cobain being the one exception to the rule.

Why would you kill yourself if they don't come back soon? The point is they're going to come back! Maybe not soon, but certainly not never!

It's not obsessive- it's just worrying! Is your friend a bit of an eejit?

GotChrist
GotChrist Posted Sun 29 Jul, 2007 8:42 PM Quote
paul_c wrote:
It's not obsessive- it's just worrying! Is your friend a bit of an eejit?

He's a complete nutjob, if that's what you mean?

paul_c
paul_c Posted Sun 29 Jul, 2007 8:43 PM Quote
GotChrist wrote:

Sort of. He sure sounds it!

paul_c
paul_c Posted Sun 29 Jul, 2007 8:43 PM Quote
GotChrist wrote:

Sort of. He sure sounds it! And definitely not in the pleasant way

ayana
ayana Posted Sun 29 Jul, 2007 8:44 PM Quote
Honestly, I wouldn't do a lot of things just for Travis.
I'd buy their albums and try to go to their gigs but I'm definitely not obsessed with them. I used to be but though ...
Not in a killing-yourself way but enough to spend most of my money calling the radio to try to win tickets for a secret show, lol. B@stards, I didn't even win, I think I was too young ... lmao

paul_c
paul_c Posted Sun 29 Jul, 2007 8:47 PM Quote
ayana wrote:
Honestly, I wouldn't do a lot of things just for Travis.
I'd buy their albums and try to go to their gigs but I'm definitely not obsessed with them. I used to be but though ...
Not in a killing-yourself way but enough to spend most of my money calling the radio to try to win tickets for a secret show, lol. B@stards, I didn't even win, I think I was too young ... lmao

Lol. I call my, what other people see as an obsession, an enthusiasm. I'm a collector of Travis stuff, and love their music and love going to gigs. But 'obsessive' always denotes something sinister and underhand to me, and i'm definitely not that!

ayana
ayana Posted Sun 29 Jul, 2007 8:53 PM Quote
paul_c wrote:

Lol. I call my, what other people see as an obsession, an enthusiasm. I'm a collector of Travis stuff, and love their music and love going to gigs. But 'obsessive' always denotes something sinister and underhand to me, and i'm definitely not that!

You're obsessed ;o)
But in a good way if that means something, lol.

GotChrist
GotChrist Posted Sun 29 Jul, 2007 8:56 PM Quote
Like I said, the guy's a headcase. I just hope he doesn't reduce himself to stalking the band.

If the guys see this, then watch out for a guy with black hair and glasses ... no, he's not Harry Potter. :P

Lemon Grinner
Lemon Grinner Posted Sun 29 Jul, 2007 8:59 PM Quote
Oh please, nobody shuld ever kill themselves for a band, thre is more music out there are don't these people have something else to care about, such as friends n family...?

Sorry if that came out rude haha. I just think it's a little bit silly to end your life for any band.

Lucile
Lucile Posted Sun 29 Jul, 2007 9:10 PM Quote
paul_c wrote:

I like the way you put it. I think the word "enthusiasm" describes well what people who are not fans (not to be understood as fanatics) commonly call "obsession".

To answer GotChrist's question, I've loved Travis for about 10 years and I'll travel to see them if I have to but I'd definitely not kill myself if they don't come back soon - Mind you, I'd be dead by now as they've never played in my hometown! Your friend's "enthusiasm" sounds worrying! As it has been pointed out, they will come back sooner or later. He just needs to be patient. Plus, I've always thought of their music and their gigs as celebration of life - killing oneself would just be stupid.

GotChrist
GotChrist Posted Sun 29 Jul, 2007 9:37 PM Quote
He's been this "enthusiastic" once before and what I did then was constantly distract him, so I could try that this time ... might be a bit difficult though, cos he's absolutely massive.

paul_c
paul_c Posted Sun 29 Jul, 2007 10:55 PM Quote
GotChrist wrote:
If the guys see this, then watch out for a guy with black hair and glasses ... no, he's not Harry Potter. :P

So he's Jarvis Cocker then

Pages [1] 2 3 Next All Times BST Current Time 1:45 AM