Travis

Ohhhh, Mr. Payne
ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Sat 28 Jul, 2007 6:13 AM Quote
I started this thread just to see if this happened to anyone else, because I'm sure it did. I went to the show in Lawrence, KS on Fran's B-day (30 minutes outside KC, houses University of Kansas, wooo Jayhawks). As soon as the lads launched into 'Selfish Jean,' Dougie caught me in the audience going crazy and gave me a smile, this happen no less then 5 more times, and I enjoyed every second of it. I love that he flirts with the audience while doing his very suggestive bass guitar moves. Swoon.
Please other females, share your tales of "Payned" Flirtation.

Re: Ohhhh, Mr. Payne
ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Sat 28 Jul, 2007 6:18 AM Quote
And females going to future shows, be sure to report back with your encounters.

see what I mean: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=albaLV0SOzU

alyrtle
alyrtle Posted Sat 28 Jul, 2007 6:38 AM Quote
haha oh yes. that's why he landed such a gorgeous wife! that and his fabulous personality, too, of course :)

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Mon 30 Jul, 2007 5:06 PM Quote
I find it hard to believe no one has any tales of Dougie flirtation...

I found another video : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sLqrVNhU2Y

SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Mon 30 Jul, 2007 5:18 PM Quote
Oh, I do!! I have a few videos...I may have posted one already, but I need to post the other...
I think a few of my guy friends have developed the man-crush on Dougie as well! lol!

goosey_84
goosey_84 Posted Mon 30 Jul, 2007 5:18 PM Quote
oh it's a fact...dougie makes eye contact...like a hawk! LOL

Lucile
Lucile Posted Mon 30 Jul, 2007 5:30 PM Quote
I do have a few stories too. I especially remember the Belfort festival back in 2002. He kept smiling at me throughout the whole show. My mum was with me and she later said it was so obvious that he was looking at me that the people next to her were wondering if I knew him! She also said she didn't even bother to try and get his attention! hehe

goosey_84
goosey_84 Posted Mon 30 Jul, 2007 5:33 PM Quote
alyrtle wrote:
haha oh yes. that's why he landed such a gorgeous wife! that and his fabulous personality, too, of course :)

oh! i love kelly! i've seen quite a few of her movies! can't wait to see the new coen bros project she worked on...Dougie told us it's fan-freakin'-tastic! =)

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Mon 30 Jul, 2007 5:37 PM Quote
Does anyone worry that he'll need hip replacements one day from overuse? : )

Liz_77
Liz_77 Posted Mon 30 Jul, 2007 7:26 PM Quote
I got some winks and smiles and plenty of eye contact at the Houston show as well!! Plus afterward he was all smiles while posing with anyone who asked for a picture, being all friendly and funny at times. He even put a heart by my name on the autograph he gave me - as did Fran...yay!! I just love these guys - not only do they put out wonderful albums and give us amazing live shows but they take the time to chat with fans and seem very genuine. (I'm so glad they don't have inflated egos.) They always seem to be very appreciative and thankful to their fans. What more could we ask for?! :)

SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Mon 30 Jul, 2007 7:38 PM Quote
weirdmominaustin wrote:

haha...that reminded me of the end of Music & Lyrics where they do the "Pop up Video" thing...and the guys needed hip replacements...haha...

*sings to self* "Pop!" psshhh "Goes my heart!"

goosey_84
goosey_84 Posted Mon 30 Jul, 2007 8:50 PM Quote
i've just realized Dougie gives new meaning to the word "hipster"...teehee! ;)

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Mon 30 Jul, 2007 10:53 PM Quote
SamuraiSandy wrote:
weirdmominaustin wrote:

haha...that reminded me of the end of Music & Lyrics where they do the "Pop up Video" thing...and the guys needed hip replacements...haha...

*sings to self* "Pop!" psshhh "Goes my heart!"

That's exactly what I was thinking of. : )

physalia
physalia Posted Mon 30 Jul, 2007 11:46 PM Quote
weirdmominaustin wrote:

Haha - my mom said that just the other day as we were watching one of the DVD's.

Seriously - Dougie reduces me to a pile of squealing girl. I'd be emabarassed if he wasn't so sweet about it. When I met him after the Chigaco show - all I could think to tell him was how I couldn't look anywhere other than his hips during a Travis show. Which sounds - kinda creepy. Of course, after the fact, I was mad at myself for not saying anything about his songs or how much I like Colder. Nope, it was all about the hips.

But he was still soooo nice - he took the time to take pictures with both myself and my sister, asked our names, and so on.

Best bassist ever.

goosey_84
goosey_84 Posted Mon 30 Jul, 2007 11:53 PM Quote
physalia wrote:

Seriously - Dougie reduces me to a pile of squealing girl. I'd be emabarassed if he wasn't so sweet about it.

lol...same here! one of the crew gave me his dirty towel after the dallas show and i freakin' screamed like a little girl! haha...was ashamed of myself but oh well. dougie was great about it when i met him a few minutes later. thank God they're not scared by us! haha

Pages [1] 2 3 4 Next All Times BST Current Time 2:54 PM