Travis

Fran's Paternal instinct...
SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Sat 28 Jul, 2007 12:56 AM Quote
During the austin show, Fran spotted a little boy in the front, maybe 5-6 years old...and he was in front of the speakers. So, he stopped, and got him earplugs, so he wouldn't ruin his baby ears...aww...look!

Edit: I took this video, btw!

Earplugs

Re: Fran's Paternal instinct...
chichard41
chichard41 Posted Sat 28 Jul, 2007 1:03 AM Quote
Thanks for the fantastic videos and that was such a cute moment. I still get nagged by mates saying I'll probably lose my hearing with how close I want to be at gigs :P

SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Sat 28 Jul, 2007 1:06 AM Quote
chichard41 wrote:
Thanks for the fantastic videos and that was such a cute moment. I still get nagged by mates saying I'll probably lose my hearing with how close I want to be at gigs :P

aww, thanks! i have a TON of other videos, but for some reason, my camera has them in a weird format...it's still a mpeg, but they're all over 300MB!! do you know how to fix this? i'd really like to put more videos up...i really, have great ones!

loria
loria Posted Sat 28 Jul, 2007 1:17 AM Quote
this is awesome! my best friend is an audiologist and she always, always insists on earplugs being worn. i've faltered a few times, but after seeing the Pogues in NYC a few years back i've tried my best to remember them.

this is very sweet of Fran, and hopefully that wee boy doesn't ever forget to bring his earplugs :)

kjwrig
kjwrig Posted Sat 28 Jul, 2007 1:24 AM Quote
Fran is such a sweetheart--the Austin show rocked. Thanks for posting that video. I wish I had recorded it!

SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Sat 28 Jul, 2007 1:26 AM Quote
kjwrig wrote:
Fran is such a sweetheart--the Austin show rocked. Thanks for posting that video. I wish I had recorded it!

thanks! i was right in front...i just HAD to get it!

chichard41
chichard41 Posted Sat 28 Jul, 2007 1:28 AM Quote
SamuraiSandy wrote:
chichard41 wrote:

aww, thanks! i have a TON of other videos, but for some reason, my camera has them in a weird format...it's still a mpeg, but they're all over 300MB!! do you know how to fix this? i'd really like to put more videos up...i really, have great ones!

Yep, try using a piece of free software called "Super" by erightsoft, it's a universal decoder so you should be able to convert the video to any format and decrease the size.

On another note I subscribed to you, but don't upload much on youtube these days due to it being mono sound still. Prefer my music stuff to be on LiveVideo.

Give us a bell if you have problems decreasing file sizes still.

SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Sat 28 Jul, 2007 1:34 AM Quote
chichard41 wrote:

Yep, try using a piece of free software called "Super" by erightsoft, it's a universal decoder so you should be able to convert the video to any format and decrease the size.

On another note I subscribed to you, but don't upload much on youtube these days due to it being mono sound still. Prefer my music stuff to be on LiveVideo.

Give us a bell if you have problems decreasing file sizes still.

Oh, thank you, i'll try that...and i'm flattered! hopefully, i'll get some more videos uploaded soon. I have a ton of Travis photos on my myspace if you care to see...

My Myspace

Trixi
Trixi Posted Sat 28 Jul, 2007 1:47 AM Quote
really thoughtful and sweet of him. I'm sure the kid won't forget that moment that fast either.
cool.. :)

Yulia Nox
Yulia Nox Posted Sat 28 Jul, 2007 1:55 AM Quote
OHH!! I think I fell in love x_x *O*

Not really....but that's SO sweet!!!
*o*

SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Sat 28 Jul, 2007 1:56 AM Quote
Trixi wrote:
really thoughtful and sweet of him. I'm sure the kid won't forget that moment that fast either.
cool.. :)

i know! and at the end of the show, dougie gave him his setlist...they are sooo sweet!

radioclyde261
radioclyde261 Posted Sat 28 Jul, 2007 2:22 AM Quote
Just when I thought I couldn't love him anymore...!
Superb video - thanks for sharing

alyrtle
alyrtle Posted Sat 28 Jul, 2007 2:49 AM Quote
aww how nice. yeah, next time i think i'll bring earplugs, too. my hearing's been permanently damaged i think from staying in front of blasting speakers for way way way too long. does it affect the audio quality, though? like does it make things sound a bit muffled?

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Sat 28 Jul, 2007 3:23 AM Quote
I was there too and it was superbly sweet. They are always looking out for their fans.

Nikki
Nikki Posted Sat 28 Jul, 2007 6:12 PM Quote
SamuraiSandy wrote:
During the austin show, Fran spotted a little boy in the front, maybe 5-6 years old...and he was in front of the speakers. So, he stopped, and got him earplugs, so he wouldn't ruin his baby ears...aww...look!

Edit: I took this video, btw!

Earplugs

Great video!! That was so nice of them! <3

Pages [1] 2 Next All Times BST Current Time 6:09 PM