Travis

Virgin Radio
pablob
pablob Posted Tue 17 Jul, 2007 9:13 PM Quote
Is Virgin Radio a popular station in the UK ??? I listen to it on Internet and they've been playing Selfish Jean a lot.
Cheers,
Pablo

Re: Virgin Radio
paul_c
paul_c Posted Tue 17 Jul, 2007 11:06 PM Quote
Well in my opinion, it could be a lot better. But it's probably the best the UK has. Plays a good mix of stuff, but mostly the indie/rock kinda scene- hence Selfish Jean being on it a lot. I heard it twice in work today

Somewhere Else
Somewhere Else Posted Tue 17 Jul, 2007 11:12 PM Quote
Hearing the soundtrack of Selfish Jean start as we arrived at Dalby Forrest will stay in my mind forever as one of Lifes greatest moments - Seriously! Arriving in heaven must be similar!

Ruudio
Ruudio Posted Tue 17 Jul, 2007 11:57 PM Quote
Its good but they have a very ltd setlist. Dont be surprised if u hear the same song 5 times a day or more! lol

pablob
pablob Posted Wed 18 Jul, 2007 12:20 AM Quote
paul_c wrote:
Well in my opinion, it could be a lot better. But it's probably the best the UK has. Plays a good mix of stuff, but mostly the indie/rock kinda scene- hence Selfish Jean being on it a lot. I heard it twice in work today

I see. Well, if you want to try other options on the net, maybe you'd like this one: www.horizonte.cl
It's a chilean radio station. It could be fun, at least I like the music they play.

erikausagi
erikausagi Posted Wed 18 Jul, 2007 12:44 AM Quote
I've heard it several times and its my fav english station. at least they love Travis as me!! lol

mayfly
mayfly Posted Wed 18 Jul, 2007 12:54 AM Quote
Virgin radio is my favourite station. I recommend it. ^_^b

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Wed 18 Jul, 2007 3:10 AM Quote
I listen to it a lot online as well. I think it's a great mix and I've heard lots of artists that either aren't getting played in the states or come here months later. Even the commercials irritate me less because it's funny to hear the different accents or ways things are presented. And then when someone does an American accent I fall over laughing at how fake it is. (just like when someone over here attempts one)

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Wed 18 Jul, 2007 3:10 AM Quote
I listen to it a lot online as well. I think it's a great mix and I've heard lots of artists that either aren't getting played in the states or come here months later. Even the commercials irritate me less because it's funny to hear the different accents or ways things are presented. And then when someone does an American accent I fall over laughing at how fake it is. (just like when someone over here attempts one)

Tonie
Tonie Posted Wed 18 Jul, 2007 11:24 AM Quote
If you like your music a bit edgier than Virgin, try XFM. It's like Virgin with the cheese removed (eg Bad Day by Daniel Powter a definite no no!!!)! And Travis does get airplay there, so no worries on that score :)

Lemon Grinner
Lemon Grinner Posted Wed 18 Jul, 2007 12:41 PM Quote
I used to listen to Virgin, but I got totally fed up with hearing the same shit songs every half hour. Especially ashow I find that most new music is really bad...
So anyone who knows me knows that I don't listen to the radio anymore.

Tracey982
Tracey982 Posted Wed 18 Jul, 2007 2:14 PM Quote
Ruudio wrote:
Its good but they have a very ltd setlist. Dont be surprised if u hear the same song 5 times a day or more! lol

That is true. It's good hearing some of your fave bands on Virgin, but it tends to get a bit tedious after hearing it 5 times in the same day!!!

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 5:30 AM