Travis

Nikki-inspired desperation
weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Mon 16 Jul, 2007 7:30 PM Quote
I am so envious of Nikki getting to see Travis in the studio that I just finished emailing every radio station in Austin to first try and convince them to PLAY Travis (only the public radio station has played them at all in the last week- and that was at 2:15 a.m.) and second to have them in the studio and let me come.

I may have even mentioned my delicious banana bread.

I really really am a sad person.

Re: Nikki-inspired desperation
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear)
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) Posted Mon 16 Jul, 2007 8:14 PM Quote
Not only that. You are admitting this on a public forum LOL

SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Mon 16 Jul, 2007 8:22 PM Quote
well, if you get in, let me know, and save me place too, will ya? good luck!

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Mon 16 Jul, 2007 8:44 PM Quote
If there is anywhere to admit it, it would be on their fan message board, right? And Sandy, I certainly will save you a spot!

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Mon 16 Jul, 2007 10:20 PM Quote
Making progress! Below is the email I got back from the DJ at the NPR station. I was mentioned the webcast tonight and how they needed to support them locally. I signed it "A Cheeky Listener (AKA Anne)" so that is why he calls me that at the end. : )

Hi Anne,
Thanks for listening and for taking the time to write. I'll play some Travis for you this week. I'll also speak with my producer and see if we can get them into Studio 1A for a live performance.

Thanks for your interest, Cheeky.
Jay

Nikki
Nikki Posted Tue 17 Jul, 2007 1:41 AM Quote
GOOD LUCK girly!!!!!! Believe me, when I e-mailed the radio station requesting "Selfish Jean" the other day I had no CLUE this was gonna happen!!! I still don't really believe it! lol.

emmahealy
emmahealy Posted Tue 17 Jul, 2007 3:31 AM Quote
Nikki wrote:
GOOD LUCK girly!!!!!! Believe me, when I e-mailed the radio station requesting "Selfish Jean" the other day I had no CLUE this was gonna happen!!! I still don't really believe it! lol.

did I mention I hate you... :)

have a fantastic time Wednesday... your story has inspired thousands (?) of us boardies to hound our local radio stations... :)

emmahealy
emmahealy Posted Tue 17 Jul, 2007 3:31 AM Quote
grremlins again

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Tue 17 Jul, 2007 9:44 PM Quote
As I posted in another thread, I was excited that I got the DJ to play "Big Chair" (I just asked him to play ANY Travis track)but after he did I wrote again saying how I hoped they would get them in the studio (and that I could come) and this is the response I just got:

Anne,
Sorry you missed <Big Chair>.
We're working on bringing them into the studio next week.
Keep your fingers crossed.
Jay

NCD
NCD Posted Tue 17 Jul, 2007 9:48 PM Quote
Dear Travis, if you get a call from a radio station asking you to perform, please do it as...err... it'll get lots of people in Austin to like you (well, we know of one...and she already likes you...) Thank you. The Travis boardies ;)

Good luck Anne!

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Tue 17 Jul, 2007 9:53 PM Quote
NCD wrote:
Dear Travis, if you get a call from a radio station asking you to perform, please do it as...err... it'll get lots of people in Austin to like you (well, we know of one...and she already likes you...) Thank you. The Travis boardies ;)

Good luck Anne!

Thanks! I hope it all works out.

Tonie
Tonie Posted Wed 18 Jul, 2007 11:28 AM Quote
If you don't ask, you don't get. Good luck :)

It's how I'm getting in to a guest-list-only gig in London next week - by employing pure bare faced cheek (methods were entirely clean and reputable tho, I can assure)! So I can certainly recommend your tactics!

deebee
deebee Posted Wed 18 Jul, 2007 1:04 PM Quote
Good luck Anne - it takes balls to do it so hopefully you'll get a result.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Wed 18 Jul, 2007 3:32 PM Quote
Thanks. And I agree with the last two posts- if you don't ask, you're not going to get it. The worst that will happen is a no. Tonie, what guest-only gig are you going to?

Tonie
Tonie Posted Wed 18 Jul, 2007 4:21 PM Quote
weirdmominaustin wrote:
Tonie, what guest-only gig are you going to?

Duke Special.

V Excited indeed :)

Time for a new thread in the general section perhaps!

But keeping it relevant to your thread- it was an out and out "please?????" to the right person, and I struck gold! So you go for it!

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 3:09 PM