Travis

Why the fuck...
paul_c
paul_c Posted Thu 05 Jul, 2007 5:05 PM Quote
are people allowed to buy tickets for gigs that they have no intention of going to just to sell the tickets on eBay???

It's never gotten to me this much before, but i'm probably going to miss one of the bands i've always wanted to see just because of ticket touting. It's really not fair on the real fans!

Re: Why the fuck...
Lemon Grinner
Lemon Grinner Posted Thu 05 Jul, 2007 5:07 PM Quote
Verve?

Edit: because people are c*nts.

see, censored, I can be polite sometimes haha.

paul_c
paul_c Posted Thu 05 Jul, 2007 5:08 PM Quote
Exactly

Lemon Grinner
Lemon Grinner Posted Thu 05 Jul, 2007 5:09 PM Quote
Seriously, people just wanna exploit others for as much as they can possibly get, it's sickening.

goosey_84
goosey_84 Posted Thu 05 Jul, 2007 5:12 PM Quote
bastards...all of them...

paul_c
paul_c Posted Thu 05 Jul, 2007 5:20 PM Quote
Totally. It's put me in a very bad mood. Which is a rareity!

Lemon Grinner
Lemon Grinner Posted Thu 05 Jul, 2007 5:23 PM Quote
*gives you a hug and me Irn-Bru*

paul_c
paul_c Posted Thu 05 Jul, 2007 5:25 PM Quote
Thanks but i'd rather have a ticket to see The Verve. I bet half the bastards that bought tickets don't even know the names of any Verve albums!

Lemon Grinner
Lemon Grinner Posted Thu 05 Jul, 2007 5:26 PM Quote
That's probably true. But they might release a couple more dates?

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Thu 05 Jul, 2007 5:30 PM Quote
bummer but it's always been like that

paul_c
paul_c Posted Thu 05 Jul, 2007 5:30 PM Quote
As long as they sell tickets for it either a) after the summer, when i've got a chance of being near a computer at 9am, or b) on one of my days off.

I think they will. They're releasing an album- they can't just play the 6 or 8 dates or whatever it is! I think they're the one band apart from Travis who i'd travel to see- so might take in a European date if they announce a tour. Really hope so!

And i hope everyone who bought tickets with no intention of going hurries up and dies soon. I could cry- "i bought 2 tickets for my parents but they don't want to go now" was on one listing. They changed their minds quick, you lying expletive! AAAAAAAAAARGH!!!

paul_c
paul_c Posted Thu 05 Jul, 2007 5:31 PM Quote
ricv64 wrote:
bummer but it's always been like that

No it hasn't! It's only since eBay came along. Well, maybe it always happened but certainly not to the same extent as nowadays. Nearly every gig sells out now, it's disgraceful!

goosey_84
goosey_84 Posted Thu 05 Jul, 2007 5:34 PM Quote
i got raped on Ebay for my coachella ticket...of course it sold out because of the RATM reunion but i was only going for the travis day...ticketmaster is bad enough but having to go through Ebay hurts!

Natasa
Natasa Posted Thu 05 Jul, 2007 5:35 PM Quote
paul_c wrote:
As long as they sell tickets for it either a) after the summer, when i've got a chance of being near a computer at 9am, or b) on one of my days off.

I think they will. They're releasing an album- they can't just play the 6 or 8 dates or whatever it is! I think they're the one band apart from Travis who i'd travel to see- so might take in a European date if they announce a tour. Really hope so!

And i hope everyone who bought tickets with no intention of going hurries up and dies soon. I could cry- "i bought 2 tickets for my parents but they don't want to go now" was on one listing. They changed their minds quick, you lying expletive! AAAAAAAAAARGH!!!

Haha!

Oh Paul relax,everything will be fixed and I'm sure you'll have the chance to see them,just wait for more dates ;)
And next time,be the one to buy all tickets and say 'Oh I was expecting my whole family to come,but they didin't manage to!' :P

So you can take your revenge!

paul_c
paul_c Posted Thu 05 Jul, 2007 5:36 PM Quote
I'm prepared to pay £5, maybe £10 more than face value price on eBay. If i get them, and receive the tickets, my plan is to negative feedback them, cos that'll just payback some of the pissoffness that i experience onto them.

Evil, but absolutely justified. Greedy bastards!

Pages [1] 2 3 4 5 Next All Times BST Current Time 6:07 PM