Travis

Did anyone read the Scottish Sun?
Tracey982
Tracey982 Posted Tue 03 Jul, 2007 7:52 PM Quote
There was a wee article in the Bizarre gossip pages about their gig at Sherwood Forest when their was a fool being a nuisance and Fran stepped in.

[url=]Travis's Fran in fighting form
MILD-MANNERED Travis frontman Fran Healy squared up to a drunk fan at Nottingham gig

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,4-2007300454,00.html

[/url]

Re: Did anyone read the Scottish Sun?
kim2007w
kim2007w Posted Tue 03 Jul, 2007 8:03 PM Quote
thanks for that link,

yes it was a bit scary, i ended up being hit on the head and kicked down by the person behind me, the bouncers wanted to take me out, but i refused, cos i paid for this gig and i wasn’t going to let some drunk spoil it for me, everyone got a bit out of control, yet all the other gigs i have been to have been really peaceful and the atmosphere great,

Els*
Els* Posted Tue 03 Jul, 2007 8:37 PM Quote
ya know, Travis are some really nice guys but i don't understand the rep they have. i'm sure those boys can hold their own just fine. i bet fran can throw a damn good punch if it came down to it. hello, he's a black belt and they are from glasgow. i'm not saying violence is the answer but sometimes you have to be confrontational when it comes to keeping order with the rough ones.

way to keep the peace Fran!!!

Tianyan
Tianyan Posted Tue 03 Jul, 2007 11:02 PM Quote
awww...so nice

pardon me...I apologise to all English teachers out there, especially those who drummed the intense aversion for the word 'nice' into their pupils' minds...the situation invited me to use it...acceptable and applicable I think!

Dolly Mixed Up Girl
Dolly Mixed Up Girl Posted Wed 04 Jul, 2007 9:31 AM Quote
Bet that drunk guy feels like such a dickhead now! Forgot Fran was a black belt, how cute is it on the More Than Us Live in Glasgow DVD when he does a kata with a little boy? I'm a black belt too but a little rusty, maybe he'd give me lessons??

Digsy
Digsy Posted Wed 04 Jul, 2007 9:54 AM Quote
shame there are always some dickheads willing to spoil fun for others no matter what gig it is or event ugh

fran did a good thing, really nice of him!! :)

paul_c
paul_c Posted Wed 04 Jul, 2007 7:40 PM Quote
Fair enough a good article, but yet again The Sun does what The Sun does best and gets it wrong

"a standing ovation"

*round of sarcastic applause for The Sun*

The forest shows were standing room only, were they not?

Are
Are Posted Wed 04 Jul, 2007 9:21 PM Quote
"Scuffles at a Travis gig? You’re not safe anywhere these days..."

Haha!

FranFlower
FranFlower Posted Sun 08 Jul, 2007 11:39 AM Quote
Dolly Mixed Up Girl wrote:
Forgot Fran was a black belt, how cute is it on the More Than Us Live in Glasgow DVD when he does a kata with a little boy? I'm a black belt too but a little rusty, maybe he'd give me lessons??

I know! Love that clip! I train taekwondo myself, but if Fran would teach me I'd convert to karate in a heartbeat ;)

BTW, I think Fran did the right thing by jumping right in. Some people just doesn't know when to stop drinking. The guards should have thrown that guy out long before they had to carry people out because of him.. A shame that he got to ruin the concert up for some unlucky people.

alyrtle
alyrtle Posted Sun 08 Jul, 2007 10:03 PM Quote
aw, that's a cute photo of him :)

"Scuffles at a Travis gig? You’re not safe anywhere these days" haha, that's funny

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 11:44 AM