Travis

Re: Doctor who
Darran
Darran Posted Wed 04 Jul, 2007 2:41 PM Quote
Yup. Catherine Tate I fear will be awful.

Helen *the original*
Helen *the original* Posted Wed 04 Jul, 2007 2:43 PM Quote
Darran wrote:

Just keep picturing her in that Christmas episode *shudders*

wonder what the hell Kylie will be like!

Steph_canuck
Steph_canuck Posted Wed 04 Jul, 2007 5:33 PM Quote
Oh man! I cant imagine there will be any silly little romances between the doctor and Tate! dang. but maybe it is just to throw everyone off.

Tianyan
Tianyan Posted Wed 04 Jul, 2007 5:47 PM Quote
Ohhh dear...yeah just read the same thing in the london paper...Catherine Tate is taking over...hmmm...she is cool, though I don't think she is right for the role...

I want to be the doctor's assistant...!

Steph_canuck
Steph_canuck Posted Wed 04 Jul, 2007 7:14 PM Quote
lol me too!! that would be fantabulus!! lol Tennants so fricken cute. but I think hell would freeze over before they gave the Doctor a companion with a north american accent...:(

Tianyan
Tianyan Posted Wed 04 Jul, 2007 7:23 PM Quote
Steph_canuck wrote:
lol me too!! that would be fantabulus!! lol Tennants so fricken cute. but I think hell would freeze over before they gave the Doctor a companion with a north american accent...:(

Hahahahah! Yes...I want to marry him! Well, maybe if he was slightly younger and I was slightly older

Steph_canuck
Steph_canuck Posted Wed 04 Jul, 2007 8:39 PM Quote
welll, that would be nice but ill take him as he is:)

Steph_canuck
Steph_canuck Posted Wed 04 Jul, 2007 8:39 PM Quote
I cant wait till christmas

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Wed 04 Jul, 2007 8:44 PM Quote
Darran wrote:

It's an Awful Show !!

Bad Acting, Crap Scripts, Predictable Endings, Shite Special Effects.

She'll fit right in

Tianyan
Tianyan Posted Wed 04 Jul, 2007 10:02 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
Darran wrote:

It's an Awful Show !!

She'll fit right in

OOOHHHH! Harsh! What makes you say that my friend? Justify your view please...

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Wed 04 Jul, 2007 10:06 PM Quote
Tianyan wrote:
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
Darran wrote:

It's an Awful Show !!

She'll fit right in

Doctor Who has always been seen as a cheap alternative to the big bucks of hollywood features, Others say Kitsch, I say crap. It's a fashion and it'll die like all fashions, just because they've got a pretty boy to play the doctor does not detract from the fact it's cheap, not only is it made cheap but it looks it and I for one am of the opinion that should not be applauded. I grew up on Tom Baker when it wasn't about sex.

Helen *the original*
Helen *the original* Posted Wed 04 Jul, 2007 10:13 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
Tianyan wrote:
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
Darran wrote:

It's an Awful Show !!

She'll fit right in

Doctor Who has always been seen as a cheap alternative to the big bucks of hollywood features, Others say Kitsch, I say crap. It's a fashion and it'll die like all fashions, just because they've got a pretty boy to play the doctor does not detract from the fact it's cheap, not only is it made cheap but it looks it and I for one am of the opinion that should not be applauded. I grew up on Tom Baker when it wasn't about sex.

It's not about sex now and Tennant isn't just a 'pretty boy'. I'm really into Doctor Who now and i couldn't get into it when Christopher Eccleston did it (which is when i first watched it) despite him being a local lad. I think Tennant brings something different to the doctor, shows his intellegence, you instantly like the guy and yet there are still mysterious things about it. I for one can't wait for the new series, even if it does have the dreaded Catherine Tate in it!

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Wed 04 Jul, 2007 10:40 PM Quote

David Tennant ?? the Pretty boy from Paisley who has already dropped his accent, he's playing the whole fucking thing... The whole clean cut and packaged item, there's a team of PR advisors behind that.

The Doctors have always been mysterious, hence getting virtually unknowns to play them, that I think may have been the problem with Eccleston while a fine and very accomplished actor far too well known to be a Doctor.

Basically it's turned into Buffy !!

Tianyan
Tianyan Posted Wed 04 Jul, 2007 10:41 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
Tianyan wrote:
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
Darran wrote:

It's an Awful Show !!

She'll fit right in

In the literal sense, I agree with you as doctor who is definitely a cheap show, considering the low production budget…however, that is as far as I will go. It is utterly subjective of you to dub it as a bogus, sordid version of the “ good old days” when Tom Baker took that lead role…I am in position to tarnish the good name of that era, as first of all, I know little about it and secondly I am sure that it is every bit as enticing to watch. What I will say is that I believe it is wrong of you to make the presupposition that the only reason doctor who is appealing to the general public is because we watch it for the “sex”…that is hardly an apt reason…as it is a family show and the creators specifically tailored it to cater for all different types of people…adults and children alike…hardly an adequate ingredient for sex appeal…
Finally, I would also like to point out that the show is currently the flagship programme of the BBC and many many many people watch it week in week out…if it is taken on a completely statistical basis…I doubt it can be all that shite…

Helen *the original*
Helen *the original* Posted Wed 04 Jul, 2007 10:49 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:

David Tennant ?? the Pretty boy from Paisley who has already dropped his accent, he's playing the whole fucking thing... The whole clean cut and packaged item, there's a team of PR advisors behind that.

The Doctors have always been mysterious, hence getting virtually unknowns to play them, that I think may have been the problem with Eccleston while a fine and very accomplished actor far too well known to be a Doctor.

Basically it's turned into Buffy !!

Totally disagree, i don't think he's playing on anything. He's not flaunting anything about, he's an actor and he's playing the Doctor. You're not a fan of the show, tis fair enough..but it hasn't turned into Buffy! I'd never watch anything that sh*te! Doctor Who is very deeply written, there's loads of things you can miss and all the series connect together, its amazing what comes out.

Maybe Eccleston was too well known, maybe i didn't like him because he played on the odder sides of the doctor. I just wasn't conviced by him sadly.

Pages Previous 1 [2] 3 Next All Times BST Current Time 8:11 PM