Travis

Dublin - June 26th
bohsman
bohsman Posted Wed 27 Jun, 2007 11:36 AM Quote
First of all, i just registered so this is my first post. Hello!

Was at the gig last night in the tripod. Pretty awesome stuff! The lights went down and the rocky them tune came on. after a few mins they all appeared at the back of the venue and walked through the crowd boxer style, fists up, punching the air in front of their faces. Once on stage, the drums kicked in and straight into selfish jean. Really, really cool opening.

Setlist seemed to be the same as the one for Dalby that is up one here. U16 girls was played in the encore though and sounded awesome. Good mix of the albums and the banter between songs was excellent. Klaas (sp?), the keyboard player was given a hard time (lovingly though) by Fran but he took it in good fun.

First time i've seen travis in years but was very impressed. I have a few pics that i'll try stick up tonight.

Cheers!

Spotted Damien Duff (the footballer) on the way in too.

Re: Dublin - June 26th
deebee
deebee Posted Wed 27 Jun, 2007 11:44 AM Quote
Sounds like you had a good time - I'm very jealous!

irkalein
irkalein Posted Wed 27 Jun, 2007 12:56 PM Quote
Unforgettable time!!! Never felt as close to the guys on stage as in the concert last nite! My first time to see Travis, hopefully not the last and my memories will remain for life!
Thanks for making me happy!!

derekc
derekc Posted Wed 27 Jun, 2007 3:06 PM Quote
one of the best gigs i've ever been to!!

they put on such a good show. so many bands just stand there and play, but they really worked it and got the crowd going and seemed to enjoy themselves. they deserve to be as big as they used to be. they kill snow patrol et all!

oh and andy's crowdsurfing guitar solo was so damn cool! sticks it to anyone who says travis are 'boring'. they rock!!!

deebee
deebee Posted Wed 27 Jun, 2007 3:07 PM Quote
Who could possibly say they're boring? Especially live!

derekc
derekc Posted Wed 27 Jun, 2007 3:29 PM Quote
oh you know, people who judge them on the slower singles. if they looked a little closer, they have some seriously rockin' numbers too! esp. as you say, live.

cant get 'oooooooh.. selfish jean' out of my head today!!

boxty
boxty Posted Wed 27 Jun, 2007 7:27 PM Quote
was at the gig last night and thought they were amazing, first time i was eevr at travis, and i have to say it was the best concert i've ever been too....serious. The venue was perfect, you almost felt as thought they were playing in your front room, brillant entrance, and perfect end with why does it always rain on me, can't wait to see them again

dee
dee Posted Wed 27 Jun, 2007 10:31 PM Quote
it was my first time seeing travis too-loved it beyond words!

an amazing night all round

erikausagi
erikausagi Posted Wed 27 Jun, 2007 11:07 PM Quote
who's from Ireland?? I'll be there in august and I want to meet other fans of Travis too, does anybody knows if its possible that Travis will get another gig in Dublin again in the 2007??

MariaMak
MariaMak Posted Thu 28 Jun, 2007 4:34 PM Quote
Gutted!
Couldn't go to the gig. Couldn't get time off work
Heard Fran do an interview on 2fm, hes such a wondeful man.
Any single scots men out there? :D

I will see travis eventually. Its killing me

Livo
Livo Posted Thu 28 Jun, 2007 9:03 PM Quote
my first time seeing travis too - couldn't wipe the smile off the face that i was finally seeing the band that i had loved since the tender age of 11 live :) brilliant gig - grabbed andy's arse when he went crowdsurfing, like everyone else there i'm sure :D awesome setlist and really lively fun gig, brilliant night altogether :)

travishead
travishead Posted Sun 01 Jul, 2007 12:02 AM Quote
was at the gig in tripod and it was unbelievable!!! took my girlfriend and now she loves them! Also fran gave me his broken guitar string, its now framed and on my wall. best night of my life!!!

TALIA
TALIA Posted Sun 01 Jul, 2007 7:10 AM Quote
erikausagi wrote:
who's from Ireland?? I'll be there in august and I want to meet other fans of Travis too, does anybody knows if its possible that Travis will get another gig in Dublin again in the 2007??

are you going? hope you leave mexico on august 3 and not before!!! jjijiji

youngsiward
youngsiward Posted Sun 01 Jul, 2007 10:31 PM Quote
travishead wrote:
was at the gig in tripod and it was unbelievable!!! took my girlfriend and now she loves them! Also fran gave me his broken guitar string, its now framed and on my wall. best night of my life!!!

It was excellent, me and my mate we're right next door to you in the front row! I managed to grab Fran's plectrum in the end. Haven't been able to remove the lilting sounds of Travis from my head since. Great night...

The Set list for Tripod.

Rocky Intro

Selfish Jene
Eyes Wide Open
Writing to Reach You
Love Will Come Through
As You Are
My Eyes
Re-offender
Side
Driftwood
Good Feeling