Travis

New website!
babbelerik
babbelerik Posted Wed 24 Feb, 2016 7:07 PM Quote
Looks like we're getting an update of the website? Looks cool!

Re: New website!
fenririel
fenririel Posted Wed 24 Feb, 2016 9:40 PM Quote
So it's just happened today? It's been three weeks or so since I hadn't connected, so I wouldn't know. Looks good ^_^

babbelerik
babbelerik Posted Thu 25 Feb, 2016 12:33 AM Quote
Yeah I think it did. I don't think it's finished though!

Dypebooggep
Dypebooggep Posted Thu 25 Feb, 2016 2:05 PM Quote
Yes!! Is new!!.. They even change the ticket buying website(lot of places that were sold out, are not anymore)

Great to see this new place!

Dypebooggep
Dypebooggep Posted Fri 26 Feb, 2016 8:30 AM Quote
Yes, finally! Now all they need to change is to fix that forum!

gladsadmad
gladsadmad Posted Fri 26 Feb, 2016 12:34 PM Quote
Where has all of the other old features gone?

The live gig archive, etc.

And the forum is not a forum, it's still the board.

Good to have it updated, but keep the old features & the blogs etc. Hope more is still to be added back. It would be such a shame if all the archive stuff was lost, and I'm sure others agree too.

babbelerik
babbelerik Posted Fri 26 Feb, 2016 12:41 PM Quote
gladsadmad wrote:

Good to have it updated, but keep the old features & the blogs etc. Hope more is still to be added back. It would be such a shame if all the archive stuff was lost, and I'm sure others agree too.

Was thinking of that too. I'm sure they'll transfer it to the new site, they're probably working on it now..

Sasha Russia
Sasha Russia Posted Fri 26 Feb, 2016 3:03 PM Quote
This site was building on Wordress with special themes named Travis :-)

Fran likes Wordpress. His site franhealy.com is using it too.

I don't know about usability, but it has some problems with security. I have three sites on WordPress. I started to build russian site about Travis about three years ago. It works on Wordpress too, but now is under construction - www.travisonline.ru

Sasha Russia
Sasha Russia Posted Fri 26 Feb, 2016 3:06 PM Quote
And about data migration from old site to new. I think that it is very difficult story, because old site has been written exclusively, not on standard CMS, like many sites now.

Fran
Fran Posted Sun 28 Feb, 2016 3:03 PM Quote
We are working on the tour archive.
I have flagged it to the record company thus. "Message board stays" "Tour archive stays"
This site is a sort of nice hold site for this record... Travisonline is an insanely massive database which would cost a fortune to update. A fortune!!
As much as I would like to chuck money at it, I would rather chuck money at other things, like making albums and touring.
Not to say this will not happen at some stage. Just not during this record.

Fran X

Fran
Fran Posted Sun 28 Feb, 2016 3:12 PM Quote
gladsadmad wrote:

Hey gladsad, I have been overseeing pretty much every single millimetre of every minutiae of the campaign so thanks for pointing out the forum to messageboard point. It's a small but massively important detail I missed.
THANKS!! X

deebee
deebee Posted Mon 29 Feb, 2016 9:07 PM Quote
Fran wrote:
gladsadmad wrote:

Hey gladsad, I have been overseeing pretty much every single millimetre of every minutiae of the campaign so thanks for pointing out the forum to messageboard point. It's a small but massively important detail I missed.
THANKS!! X

I love the Tour archive....it has to stay, pleeeeeeease! :-)

gladsadmad
gladsadmad Posted Tue 01 Mar, 2016 4:34 AM Quote
Fran wrote:
gladsadmad wrote:

THANKS!! X

You're very welcome Fran! And see you in May in London!
And great news that you are planning on updates with the tour archive etc! Yes the Travisboardies are still boardies!
Best wishes! x

fenririel
fenririel Posted Tue 08 Mar, 2016 8:08 AM Quote
Fran wrote:
We are working on the tour archive.
I have flagged it to the record company thus. "Message board stays" "Tour archive stays"
This site is a sort of nice hold site for this record... Travisonline is an insanely massive database which would cost a fortune to update. A fortune!!
As much as I would like to chuck money at it, I would rather chuck money at other things, like making albums and touring.
Not to say this will not happen at some stage. Just not during this record.

Fran X

Oh, but it's just fine. As I can see, they kind of embedded the old site within the frame of the new site. No need to spend lots of money to do this migration. The board is part of our identity as fans.

Cheers, dear frontman.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Wed 09 Mar, 2016 8:30 PM Quote
I clicked my old link to the board and got:

"404 - You must have lied when you were seventeen..."

Very clever.

Pages [1] 2 Next All Times BST Current Time 8:54 PM