Travis

My Late Son, Joey, and Travis
Danalphabet
Danalphabet Posted Wed 30 Jul, 2014 8:28 PM Quote
Dear Fran, Andy, Dougie and Neil:

About a month and a half ago on June 19, our oldest son, Joey, passed away unexpectedly at age 13 due to complications from Nissen surgery he had on June 10.

When Joey was six months old in September 2001, my wife and I loved to dance around with him while listening to "Sing" from your brand new record, "The Invisible Band."

On Oct. 7, 2013, I took Joey with me to your in-store performance and signing at Fingerprints Music in Long Beach, Calif. In what turned out to be his final concert appearance, Joey loved seeing the band that he had listened to with his family since he was a baby.

While everyone stood in front of the desk, you were kind enough to allow us to come behind the counter for a more personal photo which can be seen below.

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to each talk with Joey that night and for genuinely taking an interest in what he had to say.

The memories that we shared with our dear son due to your music will be something my family and I will hold dear forever.

Sincerely,

Dan Thomas
Simi Valley, California

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn155/danalphabet/JoeyDannyTravis.jpg

Re: My Late Son, Joey, and Travis
Dypebooggep
Dypebooggep Posted Thu 31 Jul, 2014 9:57 AM Quote
Dan,
I'm so sincerely sorry for your loss! The picture is lovely.

SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Fri 01 Aug, 2014 4:46 AM Quote
Dan, I'm so sorry for your loss. Sounds like Joey was such a cool kid.

fenririel
fenririel Posted Fri 01 Aug, 2014 5:31 AM Quote
Sorry about your loss, Dan. In the picture, your kid looks so happy. Remember that smile. Keep the love. Cherish it. Hold on to it. And thanks for sharing this with the boardies too. I wish for you and your family to overcome the grieve for the passing of Joey, in time.

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Fri 01 Aug, 2014 1:04 PM Quote
Hi Dan,
I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. It's a wonderful photo of Joey in a very happy moment which can be cherished and remembered.

Danalphabet
Danalphabet Posted Sat 02 Aug, 2014 5:41 AM Quote
Thank you for the kind words. Each day without my beautiful son is more difficult. Trying to thank those who were kind and had a positive impact on Joey's life.

Unsure how often the band reads the posts here, but hope they see this one.

cornax
cornax Posted Sat 02 Aug, 2014 2:47 PM Quote
My deepest sympathies to you and your family, Dan.

strongbow1
strongbow1 Posted Thu 19 Mar, 2015 2:02 AM Quote
Hi there I'm so very sorry to hear about your son who sounds like he were a very fine chap. What a horrible thing to have to go through. I know its a older post but here is wishing you well.

mcveighp
mcveighp Posted Wed 25 Mar, 2015 11:56 AM Quote
Really sorry for you loss. Lovely to have such beautiful memories! Thoughts with you!

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 2:10 AM