Travis

Homecoming Week 2013 - Please sign in
Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Mon 23 Dec, 2013 11:06 PM Quote
Welcome back to the board! Please sign in and give us an update on your life. Then start a new thread or comment on an old one. Let's get the board going again!

Re: Homecoming Week - Please sign in
Darran
Darran Posted Mon 23 Dec, 2013 11:34 PM Quote
Looks like my flight arrived in first. Get the kettle on there.

SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Mon 23 Dec, 2013 11:37 PM Quote
Sandy here!

I've been such a lurker for so long! So, what's going in with me? Well, I have a son now. He is a year and a half. His name is Henry. He's about to become a big brother to a baby girl due early Feb or late January. Thats pretty much it...he's been keeping us pretty busy.

I got to see the boys last September in Boston. Fantastic show. Lots if fun!

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone back here!

Thanks, Kayte for setting this up!

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Tue 24 Dec, 2013 2:22 AM Quote
Jorge here and I'm not wearing socks

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Tue 24 Dec, 2013 3:52 AM Quote
Congratulations on being first to sign in, Darren. You win this lovely holiday fruit cake.

http://whatscookingamerica.net/Q-A/Fruitcake.jpg

Bet you didn't know there were going to be prizes!

Darran
Darran Posted Tue 24 Dec, 2013 9:21 AM Quote
It looks like something made from scrapings in the bin.

Ruudio
Ruudio Posted Tue 24 Dec, 2013 10:51 AM Quote
Wierd to be back on here! Spent so much time on here when I was at school/ uni. Gonna be 30 next month, so that was a long time ago!

Had a fab time at the Barrowlands gig the other night. Missed the October tour coz I was in America, so looking forward to the next tour.

Have a great Xmas and New Year everyone and get well soon Franny! xxx

Eledh
Eledh Posted Tue 24 Dec, 2013 12:28 PM Quote
YAY! Hi!
So... Yeah, again, my name is Eledh, I'm 27 now, I still live in Italy but I moved from Milan to Rome and I'm probably going back to Milan because of work.
I finally found out what I want to do in life a few months ago and I'm moving to Glasgow by september 2014 to pursue my dreams.

I got to see Travis live again in october, after five years, and in Barrowlands a few days ago.

I'm planning a new Travis tattoo to go on my Travis sleeve and... I don't know.
I love chocolate, I'm addicted to sweets, I talk too much most of the time and I really dislike triangles.

Welcome back to whomever signs in and... Hi Katye! I missed you! :D

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Tue 24 Dec, 2013 2:00 PM Quote
Eledh wrote:

I finally found out what I want to do in life a few months ago and I'm moving to Glasgow by september 2014 to pursue my dreams.

That's very free-spirited of you. Do you want to share what this dream is, or is it a secret for now? Sounds exciting!

As for me, hmm, my kids have gotten older (12, 10, 8). The other day my oldest said, "How come we never get foreign cookies and candy like we used to?" She really loved our boardie exchanges!

I got to see Travis in Boston and in Detroit this year. Boston was our boardie girls weekend (with Kristy, Lindsay, Meridith, Anne, and Sandy) and we had a BLAST! It was so great to see everyone again and we got to met Emma for the first time, too.

We got some unusual pets this year. Chickens! We got 4 chicks in the summer and now we are looking forward to fresh eggs in the spring. I feel like a farmer now.

I never thought writing on the board would feel a little strange, but it does. Having to relearn how to post pictures and quotes and all. Twitter and Facebook have made us so used to writing little short snippets that writing anything longer than two sentences seems odd. That's what I miss about the board, actual conversations.

Monica
Monica Posted Tue 24 Dec, 2013 3:33 PM Quote
Hey everyone!

It's been a long time since I posted here (on a regular basis, at least).

I don't think I have many things to share with you! Been unemployed for quite a while so my life has become a bit boring (or a lot, depending on the day you ask me).

Thanks to this messageboard I found the love of my life. He's English and I'm Spanish so we can't see each other as much as we'd like to. However, and because of my not working situation, we can visit often. We've gone to lots of lovely places in the UK (mostly England).

And I'm still trying to figure out what I want to do with my life. Hopefully in 2014 :)

Merry Christmas!

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Tue 24 Dec, 2013 5:43 PM Quote
It's crazy that when I started posting on the board my kids were just barely potty trained and now one is in 6th and one is in 4th!

We are still in Austin. I still own that duplex but thankfully no more crazy tenants that force me to sue them on the Judge Joe Brown show.

We try to go on lots of trips because traveling is awesome. I am so lucky that I get to see some of the boardie girls.

Peanut butter is delicious and Nickelback still blows.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Tue 24 Dec, 2013 6:05 PM Quote
Aren't you just loving the slow loading pages and the random Internal Server Errors? It's just like old times.

monkey
monkey Posted Tue 24 Dec, 2013 6:49 PM Quote
Just thought I'd drop in and give you all a big hello.

http://jrandomimage.com/assets_c/2011/11/heres-a-big-hello-thumb-630x397-195.jpg

2013 sucked balls soooooooo bad!. Can't wait for 2014

fenririel
fenririel Posted Tue 24 Dec, 2013 7:55 PM Quote
Call me Fenririel. I've been Travis fan since 2001, but only attended to a concert until 2007. I still live in Mexico City, but went this year to Guadalajara's gig in October, and truly loved it. Met the guys for the first time, I was so nervous I can't recall if I spoke in English or Spanish, but surely let them know how much their songs and their very existence mean to me.

I aim for next year to put hands on that novel I've been thinking and drafting for years. I think it's time.

Loads of love to you all guys!

happy_me
happy_me Posted Tue 24 Dec, 2013 9:59 PM Quote
Hello, I am Tonje.

I've just finished celebrating Christmas with my family (we celebrate x-mas on the 24th here in Norway). It's a wet and windy Christmas eve here.

Pages [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Times BST Current Time 11:06 AM