Travis

Next single?
thatlinewasfine
thatlinewasfine Posted Thu 29 Aug, 2013 10:28 AM Quote
What would you like to see released as the next single?I would love it to be mother,what a tune!

Re: Next single?
turner150990
turner150990 Posted Thu 29 Aug, 2013 12:07 PM Quote
Mother is a good shout, although I'd be just as delighted with Warnig Sign or A Different Room :)

Mikko85
Mikko85 Posted Thu 29 Aug, 2013 12:25 PM Quote
We've seen two lowish key singles so far never likely to trouble the charts but now with a bit of hype from the album release and its strong sales I think we're looking at the really serious single.....Warning Sign would be my guess.

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Thu 29 Aug, 2013 12:49 PM Quote
turner150990 wrote:
Mother is a good shout, although I'd be just as delighted with Warnig Sign or A Different Room :)

Totally agree. Any of those 3 would be superb! A Different Room would probably be my favourite choice, as it's a WONDERFUL song. That would make the first 3 singles all Dougie songs!

It'll be interesting to see what promotion is done on the next single... Hopefully Jools Holland will return soon. They didn't appear on the show when they released Ode To J Smith, so it would be nice to see them back on there.

Swan269
Swan269 Posted Thu 29 Aug, 2013 1:20 PM Quote
I would bet that it would be Warning Sign.

Delia24Oct07
Delia24Oct07 Posted Thu 29 Aug, 2013 3:14 PM Quote
I would go for 'Warning Sign' as well but also think that 'Mother' would also be a good choice.

Dypebooggep
Dypebooggep Posted Thu 29 Aug, 2013 3:21 PM Quote
It's supposed to be Warning Sign according to a few in the know.

thatlinewasfine
thatlinewasfine Posted Thu 29 Aug, 2013 4:47 PM Quote
Maybe a double A side Mother and Warning sign.do bands still do that?It would be different!

Dypebooggep
Dypebooggep Posted Thu 29 Aug, 2013 8:25 PM Quote
A DIFFERENT ROOM ....trade is more

Hodgy
Hodgy Posted Thu 29 Aug, 2013 10:57 PM Quote
I'd like to see New Shoes released as a double A side on 7" vinyl with Warning Sign and then a new B side

There needs to be at least 1 new track with it otherwise no-one will buy it now that the album is out

the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Thu 29 Aug, 2013 11:00 PM Quote
It has to be Mother. It's got a massive, immediate hook and it'll make people stop and listen. I'm prepared to bet it won't be chosen as the next single though.

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Fri 30 Aug, 2013 12:56 AM Quote
Whatever it is, I think a physical release with a b side would help sales. Sure, the general public might not purchase a vinyl but lots of their fan base who post on here will. We'll see which song they choose and how they'll release it :)

closergms1968
closergms1968 Posted Fri 30 Aug, 2013 3:20 AM Quote
I would be brave and put Mother out there.
But i do think Different Room is a beautifully written amazing song. No surprise if its Warning sign though.
3 very very good songs.

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Fri 30 Aug, 2013 1:57 PM Quote
closergms1968 wrote:
I would be brave and put Mother out there.
But i do think Different Room is a beautifully written amazing song. No surprise if its Warning sign though.
3 very very good songs.

Yes, it has to be one of those 3. If they could promote the single as a full band then Mother would certainly be the best choice!

MusicGirl99
MusicGirl99 Posted Fri 30 Aug, 2013 8:16 PM Quote
the boy with a cryptic name wrote:
It has to be Mother. It's got a massive, immediate hook and it'll make people stop and listen. I'm prepared to bet it won't be chosen as the next single though.

It's their best album opener ever. However, as brill as the other titles being suggested are, Warning Sign is the most earworm-y of the three.

Pages [1] 2 Next All Times BST Current Time 1:35 AM