Travis

   
Travis on Daybreak, live date at Sandown Park
MoreThanMe
Posts: 229
MoreThanMe Posted Thu 25 Apr, 2013 9:27 AM Quote
The first UK show announced is a fucking race course! Now, admittedly I know nothing about how and why acts are booked for each show/tour whatever by their management, but surely the can do better than to play somewhere that charges £37 a ticket!! And this will be for a 90 min show, of which I imagine will be filled with crowd appeasing hits from The Man Who.

Travis' managment have shown a gobsmacking disregard for their selection of live performance venue here. I predict a crowd full of race goers will leave and then you have what, a few hundred people going to see the band who would surely rather see them in a far more intimate setting with loads of new songs on show.

Also, why choose to promote your new song/video on fucking Daybreak! DAYBREAK!! It's almost as if someone had thought... Hmmmm what's THE most banal programme in the world.. Aha! Perfect platform to release an exclusive clip of the first single!! Fuck me. Ok, some would argue that millions of people watch it so this is a good idea but I think there are far far better ways nowadays of promoting a song/video.

Poor form guys, must do better.
 
Re: Travis on Daybreak, live date at Sandown Park
Beat Poet
Posts: 87
Beat Poet Posted Thu 25 Apr, 2013 3:32 PM Quote
Um, festival dates do generally get announced before tours.
 
Re: Travis on Daybreak, live date at Sandown Park
briandsutton
Posts: 25
briandsutton Posted Fri 26 Apr, 2013 12:58 AM Quote
you're probably not ever happy are you? Travis is coming out with a new album and will be touring as well. This is great news so forgot all the nit picky details.
Stop being a cheap skate over 37 pounds too, a travis show is worth a lot more than that to me so I'm thrilled to pay whatever and will travel to see them multiple times this go around. Be happy.
 
Re: Travis on Daybreak, live date at Sandown Park
Eledh
Posts: 1104
Eledh Posted Sat 27 Apr, 2013 9:46 PM Quote
Chill out, dude.
I get what you're saying. I do want to see Travis live again, but I won't go to a festival, one because I can't afford it, two because I think it's too crowded with people who don't actually care and talk and shout over the songs I do want to hear.
But I also know that summer is usually "festival time", and then, after the album comes out, they usually tour in decent places.
So really, just breathe ;)
Everything's gonna be alright. If you don't want to spend 37£ to see them in a festival then don't. They're going on tour by the end of the year/beginning of 2014 tops.
M'kay? <3
 
Re: Travis on Daybreak, live date at Sandown Park
Fran
Posts: 215
Fran Posted Sun 28 Apr, 2013 1:05 PM Quote
I'm thinking either you're trying to establish yourself as some sort of überfan guardian of the soul of Travis ( been there with many a mental and you're welcome to that post but do you really want the band to think you're one of them? This sort of post is kind of a tag for a lifetime though so probs too late ) or your anger is overflowing from some other aspects of your life you're unhappy with. I remember a very peaceful exchange with you while in Norway.
Either way... tone it down.
We're bringing an album out. Closest thing to childbirth a guy can get and your in the corner swearing and shouting like a mental. Have a bit of patience. And sort your shit out.
 
Re: Travis on Daybreak, live date at Sandown Park
MoreThanMe
Posts: 229
MoreThanMe Posted Sun 28 Apr, 2013 3:05 PM Quote
Uberfan? Guardian of the soul of Travis!? Don't flatter yourself. Travis are a band I have a passing interest in, and occasionally I'll post my opinions of songs, albums etc. That is all. Oh and if I'm not that I'm "a mental". That's either extremely offensive to actual mental health condition sufferers or a comment suggesting I'm a "mental" fan of the band, which I think I dealt with in my opening statement. Lol.

Also, I see that you addressed no points I actually made in the post. Choosing rather to attack the way in which I made my points. Deflection at its best Fran.

Aye, as I said I'm a fan of your music. I was only trying to make a point about a certain poor selection of live performance and the choice to use Daybreak on ITV as a ways and means to show the world your back in business. I stand by what I said. Sorry if its not the saccharin bullshit your sadly used to on this board.
 
Re: Travis on Daybreak, live date at Sandown Park
briandsutton
Posts: 25
briandsutton Posted Sun 28 Apr, 2013 4:54 PM Quote
hey guy, I'll address some of your points. You have some issues which include you thinking you're superior to the average daybreak watcher or listener at some sort of festival and you'd like to have a band that puts out the most incredibly pleasing music to you and only play it for you and your pals. I'll bet if you had an amazing talent that financed your livelihood and supported your family you'd want as few people to know about it as possible wouldn't you.
You're not that special, you should get over yourself and once again I think you're a huge cheap skate. You seem to be all up in Travis business about what they're doing but if you had a clue you'd know that they will be announcing many shows in smaller venues shortly, so hold onto your panties or go somewhere else.
 
Re: Travis on Daybreak, live date at Sandown Park
Fran
Posts: 215
Fran Posted Sun 28 Apr, 2013 5:27 PM Quote
MoreThanMe wrote:
Uberfan? Guardian of the soul of Travis!? Don't flatter yourself. Travis are a band I have a passing interest in, and occasionally I'll post my opinions of songs, albums etc. That is all. Oh and if I'm not that I'm "a mental". That's either extremely offensive to actual mental health condition sufferers or a comment suggesting I'm a "mental" fan of the band, which I think I dealt with in my opening statement. Lol.

Also, I see that you addressed no points I actually made in the post. Choosing rather to attack the way in which I made my points. Deflection at its best Fran.


Aye, as I said I'm a fan of your music. I was only trying to make a point about a certain poor selection of live performance and the choice to use Daybreak on ITV as a ways and means to show the world your back in business. I stand by what I said. Sorry if its not the saccharin bullshit your sadly used to on this board.


221 posts on a fansite constitutes more than a passing interest in a band. Just saying. The point I was making was maybe that you're NOT an überfan and more just upset at stuff elsewhere... your post is pretty angry.
But I get it. You're angry. Points taken. Thanks for the input.
 
Re: Travis on Daybreak, live date at Sandown Park
Nikki
Posts: 7519
Nikki Posted Sun 28 Apr, 2013 11:27 PM Quote
For someone who is a casual fan, you sure are getting upset over the way in which Travis is choosing to promote/release their new album. Chill out. If you like the band, why would you speak that way to a member of the band? It's awesome Fran comes here to chat with us. Don't be the jerkface that drives him away.
 
Re: Travis on Daybreak, live date at Sandown Park
20462046
Posts: 64
20462046 Posted Mon 29 Apr, 2013 1:52 AM Quote
Fran wrote:
I'm thinking either you're trying to establish yourself as some sort of überfan guardian of the soul of Travis ( been there with many a mental and you're welcome to that post but do you really want the band to think you're one of them? This sort of post is kind of a tag for a lifetime though so probs too late ) or your anger is overflowing from some other aspects of your life you're unhappy with. I remember a very peaceful exchange with you while in Norway.
Either way... tone it down.
We're bringing an album out. Closest thing to childbirth a guy can get and your in the corner swearing and shouting like a mental. Have a bit of patience. And sort your shit out.


this guy may got something unhappy in real life,fran,your fans will not be affected by his nonsence,we love travis,enjoy all your records and EPs
 
Re: Travis on Daybreak, live date at Sandown Park
kevvvy
Posts: 111
kevvvy Posted Mon 29 Apr, 2013 10:11 AM Quote
Fran wrote:
221 posts on a fansite constitutes more than a passing interest in a band. Just saying. The point I was making was maybe that you're NOT an überfan and more just upset at stuff elsewhere... your post is pretty angry.
But I get it. You're angry. Points taken. Thanks for the input.


I think its a great idea to play a racecourse. In fact I've already got a fiver each way on you ante post in the last race. 5/1
 
Re: Travis on Daybreak, live date at Sandown Park
jambut
Posts: 190
jambut Posted Mon 29 Apr, 2013 6:06 PM Quote
Fran wrote:
MoreThanMe wrote:
Uberfan? Guardian of the soul of Travis!? Don't flatter yourself. Travis are a band I have a passing interest in, and occasionally I'll post my opinions of songs, albums etc. That is all. Oh and if I'm not that I'm "a mental". That's either extremely offensive to actual mental health condition sufferers or a comment suggesting I'm a "mental" fan of the band, which I think I dealt with in my opening statement. Lol.

Also, I see that you addressed no points I actually made in the post. Choosing rather to attack the way in which I made my points. Deflection at its best Fran.


Aye, as I said I'm a fan of your music. I was only trying to make a point about a certain poor selection of live performance and the choice to use Daybreak on ITV as a ways and means to show the world your back in business. I stand by what I said. Sorry if its not the saccharin bullshit your sadly used to on this board.


221 posts on a fansite constitutes more than a passing interest in a band. Just saying. The point I was making was maybe that you're NOT an überfan and more just upset at stuff elsewhere... your post is pretty angry.
But I get it. You're angry. Points taken. Thanks for the input.



uh oh. I'm on 180 something. Does that make me some kind of uberfan?

To add my tupence though, I think the choice to go via Daybreak is just a piece of marketing. I can't think of another tv show on which you would reach such a large audience and be able to play 30 seconds of a song. I've not seen many bands getting interviewed on talk shows. I'm sure there will be some lined up though in the near future though.

I wouldn't be too concerned regarding venues. I think Travis played a rather expensive Indian Summer festival in Shrewsbury prior to the J Smith release. These kind of gigs are pricey but worth it. I'm just coming out the end of 4 years at university so I wont be able to afford it but that doesn't mean other can't. I'm sure there will be some kind of tour TBA.

I loved the clip of the new song. I can't wait to download it tonight, still not on Itunes for preorder though :(
 
Re: Travis on Daybreak, live date at Sandown Park
jambut
Posts: 190
jambut Posted Mon 29 Apr, 2013 6:07 PM Quote
Fran wrote:
MoreThanMe wrote:
Uberfan? Guardian of the soul of Travis!? Don't flatter yourself. Travis are a band I have a passing interest in, and occasionally I'll post my opinions of songs, albums etc. That is all. Oh and if I'm not that I'm "a mental". That's either extremely offensive to actual mental health condition sufferers or a comment suggesting I'm a "mental" fan of the band, which I think I dealt with in my opening statement. Lol.

Also, I see that you addressed no points I actually made in the post. Choosing rather to attack the way in which I made my points. Deflection at its best Fran.


Aye, as I said I'm a fan of your music. I was only trying to make a point about a certain poor selection of live performance and the choice to use Daybreak on ITV as a ways and means to show the world your back in business. I stand by what I said. Sorry if its not the saccharin bullshit your sadly used to on this board.


221 posts on a fansite constitutes more than a passing interest in a band. Just saying. The point I was making was maybe that you're NOT an überfan and more just upset at stuff elsewhere... your post is pretty angry.
But I get it. You're angry. Points taken. Thanks for the input.



uh oh. I'm on 180 something. Does that make me some kind of uberfan?

To add my tupence though, I think the choice to go via Daybreak is just a piece of marketing. I can't think of another tv show on which you would reach such a large audience and be able to play 30 seconds of a song. I've not seen many bands getting interviewed on talk shows. I'm sure there will be some lined up though in the near future though.

I wouldn't be too concerned regarding venues. I think Travis played a rather expensive Indian Summer festival in Shrewsbury prior to the J Smith release. These kind of gigs are pricey but worth it. I'm just coming out the end of 4 years at university so I wont be able to afford it but that doesn't mean other can't. I'm sure there will be some kind of tour TBA.

I loved the clip of the new song. I can't wait to download it tonight, still not on Itunes for preorder though :(
 
Re: PLEASE, TRAVIS SINGLES IN OTHER FORMATS
evsie
Posts: 39
evsie Posted Wed 08 May, 2013 9:11 PM Quote
I have all your cd singles too and it would be great to have the new ones on cd or vinyl with beautiful b sides like it used to be.
 
Pages [1] All Times GMT Current Time 6:56 PM
Post Reply