Travis

TravisFans get ready for Fran, Dougie, Andy + Neil's return!
gladsadmad
gladsadmad Posted Thu 19 Jul, 2012 3:09 PM Quote
We need to bring the board to life again, what can we discuss about Travis? This used to be such a fun active place!! Now there's hardly any new posts per week.

It will be good for when Fran, Dougie, Andy & Neil return for this board to be busy talking about them again like the good old days so that they know they are loved. Perhaps if we resurrect a few old favourite threads and get talking again? You never know it might spark a bit of excitement about the new album that they're currently piecing together for release early next year.. :-)

Re: TravisFans get ready for Fran, Dougie, Andy + Neil's ret
rella
rella Posted Thu 19 Jul, 2012 3:28 PM Quote
a new album is very wonderful

gladsadmad
gladsadmad Posted Thu 26 Jul, 2012 1:34 AM Quote
From Fran's twitter:-
Quote:
Thanks...Last year of my 30's I plan to do something awesome every month. Will report on it. One of those things is to make a Travis album.

The new Travis album will definitely be ready before July 23rd 2013 then... :-)

Beat Poet
Beat Poet Posted Fri 27 Jul, 2012 12:07 PM Quote
Things'll be better after the next album is out next year, then hopefully they'll stick around for a while and do a fair amount of touring. Five years between albums is a long time though, I hope alot of the fans come back.

mili
mili Posted Sat 28 Jul, 2012 8:48 AM Quote
From Fran's website:
"I was on the plane today, heading for Oslo and a weekend of festivals, the first one called Trollrock and the second Sommerfesten which I attended last year. I can’t fathom how quickly time has moved. It’s been a whole year since we hung out on Giske and had fun with all of our great friends. This time though the trip is not a solo affair. This year the rest of the band are here too. We just spent a week in New York in a room bashing song ideas into shape. I think we have a record. Some lyrics need completing and a few middle 8′s but it’s pretty much there so it’s good to be coming here so soon after.

We all met at Oslo airport and got in a little transit van driving for 3 or so hours through some beautiful scenery, sun setting slowly over mountains, reflecting on fjord. I listened to Scott Walker – Scott 2 and reviewed the new Travis songs recorded on a single mic in the room we were in. They sound great. Dougie has written a couple of gems and Andy too. We are planning to return to Giske in October to record the as yet untitled 7th album. More about that later."

Oh, to be in Norway!

Dypebooggep
Dypebooggep Posted Sat 28 Jul, 2012 12:17 PM Quote
mili wrote:
Dougie has written a couple of gems and Andy too.

oh Fran, what are you doing to me?! at least next half a year I'm about to spend dying from triple curiosity!

laurimus
laurimus Posted Sun 29 Jul, 2012 9:41 PM Quote
This is a great news!! :) I really hope Dougie will write studio diary again! :)

FranFlower
FranFlower Posted Sat 11 Aug, 2012 9:58 PM Quote
A new album is awesome news! :) I wish I had read Fran's website before going to the Giske festival, cause I talked to him there! I should've asked him some sneaky questions ;)

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 5:01 AM