Travis

Re: Today's News of YOU (part 3)
ricv64
ricv64 Posted Fri 09 Dec, 2011 4:59 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
that is creepy, Ric.

I just won a prize pack from the CBC (like..Canadian BBC) morning radio show for submitting a photo. Yay!

Canadian CBS ? Wait photos on the radio ? ????????

Sorry Meg OOOF

minnmess
minnmess Posted Fri 09 Dec, 2011 6:01 PM Quote
ricv64 wrote:
minnmess wrote:
that is creepy, Ric.

I just won a prize pack from the CBC (like..Canadian BBC) morning radio show for submitting a photo. Yay!

Sorry Meg OOOF

no, not like CBS. Submitted over the Twitters, Ricster

Edel
Edel Posted Sun 11 Dec, 2011 12:11 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
ricv64 wrote:
minnmess wrote:
that is creepy, Ric.

Sorry Meg OOOF

no, not like CBS. Submitted over the Twitters, Ricster

Do we get to see the photo? :0)

Andrew, horrible news, hope your'e doing okay.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Mon 12 Dec, 2011 1:38 PM Quote
Sorry about your friend, Andrew.

When I clicked on this thread the first time, I got Error_1! That can't be good.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Mon 12 Dec, 2011 2:07 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:

When I clicked on this thread the first time, I got Error_1! That can't be good.

me too. Ahhhkkkk.

mili
mili Posted Mon 12 Dec, 2011 10:24 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

me too. Ahhhkkkk.

That's worrying, as this thread isn't even that long yet!

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Tue 13 Dec, 2011 6:21 AM Quote
Ten days left to go on my Work Placement, we've hired another two guys on the same scheme. So much for getting a job out of this, now I'm expected to train these guys in before I'm told "Thanks for playing now fuck off", I was actually asked last week if I would accept another 9 month unpaid placement. Fucking cheeky bastards, and I'm supposed to work Stephen's Day (Boxing Day).

Dubz

mili
mili Posted Tue 13 Dec, 2011 6:57 AM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
Ten days left to go on my Work Placement, we've hired another two guys on the same scheme. So much for getting a job out of this, now I'm expected to train these guys in before I'm told "Thanks for playing now fuck off", I was actually asked last week if I would accept another 9 month unpaid placement. Fucking cheeky bastards, and I'm supposed to work Stephen's Day (Boxing Day).

Dubz

I think it's just amazing that companies can keep on getting free workers just like that. It seems that they have no intention to hire anyone permanently, and why should they when it's more expensive? Also, doesn't that distort the competition between companies and actually make it more difficult for people to get real, paid jobs?

Here in Finland the job agency officials love to send unemployed people to various courses, most of which are totally useless, and only benefit the companies that provide them. On the other hand I heard a story of a man who was in in of those rare useful courses, just a couple of months left and at the end of it a good chance of being employed in his own field, when he was told he has to go to a job interview miles away from home, for a part time job in a wrong field. He had to do the interview, or lose his place in the course and benefits. Obviously he must've gone in dirty clothes and hair, smelling of old booze, asking for extra days off etc to put them off from hiring him, but what a waste of time for both parties!

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Tue 13 Dec, 2011 12:32 PM Quote
wish i'd gone to this

http://everythingflowsglasgow.blogspot.com/2011/12/serious-drugs-film-about-bmx-bandits.html

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Tue 13 Dec, 2011 7:22 PM Quote
Something's gotta change with this unpaid internship stuff.

Peewee
Peewee Posted Tue 13 Dec, 2011 9:47 PM Quote
I am banging my head against a brick wall!

End of term is drawing nigh for me so it is Portfolio submission time (actually due on Monday 19th). I have booked this whole week off work to focus on it and get it done. Today, I think I read two journal articles. Today with all the best intentions in the world, I have read some, typed up about 700 words and hmmm that's about it so far. On the plus side I got to look after my sickybad great-nephew who is only 3yrs old. That was great! So now as you can see...I am taking a break just to procrastinate some more...thus me being in here! *sighs* MUST.GET.BACK.TO.WORK!

Dubz really sorry to hear about your "work" dilemmas. :( that sucks...majorly!

monkey
monkey Posted Wed 14 Dec, 2011 11:42 AM Quote
thewishlist wrote:
ok, so, let's say a person you've known for over a decade suddenly defriends you on facebook - and facebook-messages and emails have been the only way you've been in contact for the past few years (apart from a few letters and a postal mixtape-exchange this summer), mainly because they live in another city. and let's say that person has also been a great great help to you at a critical point in your life when you really needed a friend.
now.
would you ask them for a REASON why they did it or just let it be? I'm tending towards the latter... man, I hate facebook sometimes - it's like highschool all over again!

I was thinking about this earlier. Did you end up saying anything?

What you going to do Dubz?

I for once bring the people of TMB good news. I found out last week that i passed my exam in health and social care!. Not many people knew that i was studying because it wasn't something else i wanted to fail at and have to tell my parents.

This might seem strange(and lame)but had it not been for the ABC and the friends i was there with i don't think i would have bothered with it. In all my years in dumfries i've never known such an amazing group of people or had that much fun. You made me want more for myself. thank you.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Wed 14 Dec, 2011 3:23 PM Quote
Well, good for you, Andrew! Congratulations on passing your exam. What will this put you on the path to do?

I know the ABC must have cost you a boat load of money for such a short stay, but it sounds like it has paid dividends in other ways. And don't feel lame because I think we all get a bit sentimental when we think about that weekend. It was a wonderful time.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Wed 14 Dec, 2011 3:40 PM Quote
Congratulations my perverted friend!!! I am very proud of you. I wasn't sure where you were in the process. That is really really great.

And thanks for the sweet words. <3

(*) (*)

minnmess
minnmess Posted Wed 14 Dec, 2011 3:54 PM Quote
congrats Andrew!

that weekend still goes down as one of my favourite ever.

Pages Previous 1...13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 Next All Times BST Current Time 11:57 AM