Travis

Today's News of YOU (part 3)
mili
mili Posted Thu 29 Sep, 2011 10:59 AM Quote
Nell wrote:

Hi all...since some of you know each other more or less very well (coz they're haning on the phone all the time ;) ...or so..) or - they don't, I thought it'd be nice to have a thread where you can talk about what's going on in your life :)

Since I work with people: I am certainly interested...are you? If not - well - the thread keeps falling and falling..on to the last page - where it's going to be burried and forgotten..so nothing to lose, right?

so....post.....;)

so..what did u see today? And yeah! What is it? Winter? Damn cold!....

...soanything special happened today to you? funny? embarassing? booooring?....

Nell's question is still live and kicking. Part 2 has reached the technically dangerous 150 pages, and it's time to start part 3.

So, what's new?

Re: Today's News of YOU (part 3)
deebee
deebee Posted Thu 29 Sep, 2011 4:00 PM Quote
I float around more and more rarely on here but still like to see what everyone's up to.
Errr so what's new with me? I've lost 12lbs since June, have changed the way my family eat, have begun to exercise quite regularly (and almost enjoy it) and feel pretty good in general :-)

SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Thu 29 Sep, 2011 4:20 PM Quote
deebee wrote:
I float around more and more rarely on here but still like to see what everyone's up to.
Errr so what's new with me? I've lost 12lbs since June, have changed the way my family eat, have begun to exercise quite regularly (and almost enjoy it) and feel pretty good in general :-)

That's great!! Good for you!

mili
mili Posted Fri 30 Sep, 2011 10:27 AM Quote
Short, one day Indian Summer here, I should go out cycling!

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Fri 30 Sep, 2011 11:24 AM Quote
Indian summer, hottest day in Ireland this year was Tuesday, 26C in the Phoenix Park.

Dubz

mili
mili Posted Fri 30 Sep, 2011 1:11 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
Indian summer, hottest day in Ireland this year was Tuesday, 26C in the Phoenix Park.

Dubz

Our thermometer says 21 °C, but the official, record breaking figure for the last day of September is 19,9.

Funny to see people in varied kind of clothing. I had a t-shirt + half trousers, which was reasonably common, but there were people in boots and overcoats, and I saw a guy sunbathing topless.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Fri 30 Sep, 2011 1:46 PM Quote
I thought about turning on the furnace today, mainly to dry out the place a bit. My doors are so swollen they won't shut because we've had so much rain. It's long sleeve/light jacket weather.

thewishlist
thewishlist Posted Fri 30 Sep, 2011 4:43 PM Quote
Seriously, female tourists of the world. I think it's VERY nice (for our economy) that you want to dress up to sit in a giant tent for a day. It's also nice that you're willing to pay 400 euro/night for an average hotel room (that'd probably cost 50 euro if you came here next week). Please come again next year and so on. But, err, could you girls maybe spend your money on pretty clothes *sigh* next time and NOT buy bright fluorescent pink-and-yellow dirndls that hardly cover your...??? PLEASE. I beg you! Those dresses are NOT pretty when they're too short, they look ridiculous. On everyone! Trust me. I'm on your side.

look at that girl, SHE's awesome.

deebee
deebee Posted Fri 30 Sep, 2011 4:52 PM Quote
Indian summer here too so I decided to go out walking. It was lovely to see and appreciate the place I live in - don't do it often enough.
Sandy, thanks for the encouragement. How are thngs with you? Coming up to that special time of year for you, how time flies.

mili
mili Posted Fri 30 Sep, 2011 5:14 PM Quote
thewishlist wrote:
Seriously, female tourists of the world. I think it's VERY nice (for our economy) that you want to dress up to sit in a giant tent for a day. It's also nice that you're willing to pay 400 euro/night for an average hotel room (that'd probably cost 50 euro if you came here next week). Please come again next year and so on. But, err, could you girls maybe spend your money on pretty clothes *sigh* next time and NOT buy bright fluorescent pink-and-yellow dirndls that hardly cover your...??? PLEASE. I beg you! Those dresses are NOT pretty when they're too short, they look ridiculous. On everyone! Trust me. I'm on your side.

look at that girl, SHE's awesome.

How cool is that! Is that girl surfing in the Isar?
Dirndl should be sort of sexy, but only in suggestive way, not showing everything, for heaven's sake! And NOT in bright fluorescent colours!

Talking of Dirndl, I saw a group of German tourists in a museum/art gallery near here, and one of them was wearing a Trachten style linen jacket. I told my friends I was with that I was 99 % certain that person came from Bavaria.

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Fri 30 Sep, 2011 6:21 PM Quote
I didn't get (as of now) 2 out of 3 jobs I was interviewed for last week. Also, 30 degrees is way too much for London in almost October! Are you kidding me?!

thewishlist
thewishlist Posted Fri 30 Sep, 2011 6:37 PM Quote
mili wrote:

How cool is that! Is that girl surfing in the Isar?
Dirndl should be sort of sexy, but only in suggestive way, not showing everything, for heaven's sake! And NOT in bright fluorescent colours!

She's surfing in the "Eisbach" River (Munich's world famous surfing spot ;) in the "Englischer Garten"). Some crazy guys made a movie about crazy Munich river surfers, too (it's actually kinda good) ;D

And yes, dirndl is supposed to be sexy in a suggestive way, and it's definitely all about the upper parts of the female body... not the legs. Any woman can look good in the right dirndl (really, they have magic powers, especially for those who aren't too skinny!). But a mini-dirndl is bound to look ridiculous - like someone cut off the skirt. and those colours are really really bugging me, lol.

mili wrote:

Talking of Dirndl, I saw a group of German tourists in a museum/art gallery near here, and one of them was wearing a Trachten style linen jacket. I told my friends I was with that I was 99 % certain that person came from Bavaria.

Haha, yes, you should've gone there and said "SERVUS!"... (but then, maybe they're from Hamburg and bought the jacket for their annual Octoberfest visit ;D)

thewishlist
thewishlist Posted Fri 30 Sep, 2011 6:40 PM Quote
megg_inc wrote:
I didn't get (as of now) 2 out of 3 jobs I was interviewed for last week. Also, 30 degrees is way too much for London in almost October! Are you kidding me?!

boooo, stupid people, they should've hired you. hrmph.
why is it that European employers are so DUMB this year??? keeping my fingers crossed for job #3!

30°C? Indian Summer. It won't last. ;D

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Fri 30 Sep, 2011 7:18 PM Quote
megg_inc wrote:

These jobs weren't for you. You'll get the right job soon. I have total faith in you. Hang in there !!

Dubz

hennypenny
hennypenny Posted Sat 01 Oct, 2011 12:35 AM Quote
I DID have to turn the furnace on today. Time for no sun until March.

Pages [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Times UTC Current Time 7:38 PM