Travis

A question...?
Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Tue 27 Sep, 2011 3:57 PM Quote
Stella or Bud?

I am fucking knackered and deserve a beer come 5.30. If I get off the bus in Donnybrook I can visit O'Briens where I can pick up a couple of bottles of beer for €1 each. However my two options are Stella Artois or Budwiser...

Dubz

Re: A question...?
SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Tue 27 Sep, 2011 4:05 PM Quote
I'd choose Stella! Always!

mili
mili Posted Tue 27 Sep, 2011 4:31 PM Quote
SamuraiSandy wrote:
I'd choose Stella! Always!

+1

minnmess
minnmess Posted Tue 27 Sep, 2011 5:34 PM Quote
The answer is never ever Bud.

Darran
Darran Posted Tue 27 Sep, 2011 7:29 PM Quote
Budweiser is like a crappy diluted fruit flavoured drink.

Stella is the answer.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Tue 27 Sep, 2011 7:50 PM Quote
Went with the Stella, first one never even touched the sides on the way down.

Dubz

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Tue 27 Sep, 2011 9:55 PM Quote
I don't even think Americans drink Bud much anymore. There was an article about that a couple days ago.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Tue 27 Sep, 2011 10:10 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
I don't even think Americans drink Bud much anymore. There was an article about that a couple days ago.

I'm used to the UK stuff, which is no bad out of a bottle, but it's BUL in Ireland and is fucking minging, especially on draft, It's so full of chemicals either your head or your arse is gonna burst the next day.

Dubz

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Wed 28 Sep, 2011 1:01 PM Quote
Why is it different? Don't they use the same recipe everywhere?

minnmess
minnmess Posted Wed 28 Sep, 2011 4:21 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:

Here is what I learned by being in the States a few weeks ago with a friend with a malt allergy:
All (or most of) your beers and coolers have malt in them. Ours don't. Like...a Smirnoff Ice here is a vodka cooler, not a "malt beverage." We learned about the beer when hives were formed.
Also, a nice man at a liquour store who later gave us free booze informed us that Molson bought in the US has a lower alcohol percentage than Molson bought in Canada.

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Wed 28 Sep, 2011 5:23 PM Quote
They both suck . Stellas like battery acid and Bud is like cement ......save up and stock up on Sierra Nevada , TFC approved

Norman drinks a Sierra Nevada

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Wed 28 Sep, 2011 6:40 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:

Sort of... it's what is known as BUL, Brewed Under License, Diageo (who own Guinness and stuff) have the right to brew Budwiser in Ireland and while they may use the same recipe the ingredients or something must come from different places. Kinda like Burger King and MacDonalds it has become a franchise and a brand rather than a proper drink, when it first arrived in the UK it was bottled only and solely imported which meant every bottle was bona fide American, I imagine now that the water used is Irish rather than American, same goes for the Wheat, Rice and Hops. It's only 4.5% in Ireland but 5% in the UK but the UK stuff (in the bottle at least) tastes crisper and fresher. Bud is also one of the worst drinks for absorbing the taste of the can, It tastes metallic from a can, (Bulmers is just as bad for that).

What is shocking, and I may have mentioned this before, but their premium beer Michelob is fucking lovely although these days it's practically impossible to get.

Dubz

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Wed 28 Sep, 2011 9:13 PM Quote
Michelob. That's what people drank in the 70's, I think.

monkey
monkey Posted Wed 28 Sep, 2011 11:58 PM Quote
I've never been a fan of Stella. I found half a can off it on a wall once and thought it tasted like piss. ;)

deebee
deebee Posted Thu 29 Sep, 2011 5:02 PM Quote
Can't you find a nice Kro 1664 instead? Much nicer.

Pages [1] 2 Next All Times BST Current Time 8:43 AM