Travis

Re: Good new albums?
thewishlist
thewishlist Posted Fri 01 Apr, 2011 2:57 PM Quote
Young Rebel Set

I went to their concert last Sunday - I'd won the tickets and only just heard of the band. I guess they're already quite famous in the UK, but I think their album was only just released in Germany (Vinyl and MP3). They do a mixture of folk and country-style-rock and say they're inspired by Johnny Cash and Dylan and you can instantly hear that (listen to "Fall Hard" and try not to think of Dylan). I really liked them, much more than I thought I would, and right after the concert I went home and bought the album online ;)

If you ever get the chance to see them live, go buy tickets, they're worth every penny!

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Fri 01 Apr, 2011 3:10 PM Quote
A mix of Dylan and Cash, I'm certainly gonna listen to that one!

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Fri 01 Apr, 2011 3:13 PM Quote
mili wrote:
This came out last year, but I doubt you've heard it. Nice pop from Finland:
http://www.delaytrees.com/

good album

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Fri 01 Apr, 2011 4:40 PM Quote
SamuraiSandy wrote:
I'm a little nervous putting this on here because I don't really know your taste in music, but here's a local (Denton, TX) band that released their first album this year. They played at a big festival in Texas called, SXSW. They're folky, but upbeat too.

This band is called, Seryn

I'm listening to their streaming right now, sounds promising, I love B.A.N.J.O.

SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Fri 01 Apr, 2011 4:54 PM Quote
TheBoyWithAName wrote:
SamuraiSandy wrote:
I'm a little nervous putting this on here because I don't really know your taste in music, but here's a local (Denton, TX) band that released their first album this year. They played at a big festival in Texas called, SXSW. They're folky, but upbeat too.

Oh, I wish you could see them Live! They are so fun, and each of them plays multiple instruments. Oh and yes, there's a lot of Banjo!

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Fri 01 Apr, 2011 5:02 PM Quote
SamuraiSandy wrote:
TheBoyWithAName wrote:
SamuraiSandy wrote:

It's a shame that their album isn't available on spotify :/

Oh, I wish you could see them Live! They are so fun, and each of them plays multiple instruments. Oh and yes, there's a lot of Banjo!

SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Fri 01 Apr, 2011 5:21 PM Quote
TheBoyWithAName wrote:
SamuraiSandy wrote:

Well, if you want to pm me your email address, I can try to send it to you sometime over the weekend.

mili
mili Posted Fri 01 Apr, 2011 5:33 PM Quote
SamuraiSandy wrote:
TheBoyWithAName wrote:
SamuraiSandy wrote:

Well, if you want to pm me your email address, I can try to send it to you sometime over the weekend.

Hey, they're on iTunes!!
The stream sound pretty interesting + banjo!!

mili
mili Posted Sun 08 May, 2011 9:38 AM Quote
Wild Beast's Smother sounds pretty good. It'll be released tomorrow, but before that it can be heard here:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/musicblog/2011/may/03/wild-beasts-smother-album-stream

paul_c
paul_c Posted Wed 11 May, 2011 12:03 AM Quote
Check out 'Three Blind Wolves'. Great band from Glasgow. Might be supporting them in Belfast in a few weeks

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Thu 12 May, 2011 8:22 PM Quote
Don't know if that's your style but the new Fleet Foxes is even better than the first one!

mili
mili Posted Thu 12 May, 2011 9:39 PM Quote
I'm quite enjoying the new Decemberists album.

paul_c
paul_c Posted Thu 19 May, 2011 10:43 AM Quote
megg_inc wrote:
Don't know if that's your style but the new Fleet Foxes is even better than the first one!

No way! I much prefer the first album- although I'm totally in love with the title track and the song 'The Shrine / An Argument' on this album

Monica
Monica Posted Sun 22 May, 2011 6:37 PM Quote
I really love the latest album by my favourite Spanish band, Second. It's called Demasiado SoƱadores :)

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Sun 22 May, 2011 7:12 PM Quote
I have a looooooot to listen to ;)

Pages Previous 1 [2] 3 Next All Times BST Current Time 3:04 AM