Travis

Good new albums?
TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Fri 18 Mar, 2011 2:49 PM Quote
So I've listened to both R.E.M's and Elbow's new albums and feel very underwhelmed. I've also listened to the new Drive-By Truckers album lately and that didn't do it for me nither. Can you give me any tips of GOOD albums that have come out this year?

Re: Good new albums?
deebee
deebee Posted Fri 18 Mar, 2011 3:37 PM Quote
Not that new but I'm really enjoying Puggy's album "Something You Might Like"
plus the drummer's Swedish ;-)

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Fri 18 Mar, 2011 3:48 PM Quote
Mogwai's Hardcore Will Never Die but You Will is fucking brilliant.

Dubz

Pechan
Pechan Posted Fri 18 Mar, 2011 5:25 PM Quote
Panic! at the Disco's "Vices & Virtues"

http://listn.to/panicatthedisco/player#t=0&pos=0&p=1

DAKOTA
DAKOTA Posted Fri 18 Mar, 2011 7:47 PM Quote
Well, so far I have enjoyed:

Degeneration Street by the Dears

Departing by Rural Alberta Advantage

Fixin' to Die by G. Love

Constant Future by Parts and Labor

and Mine is Yours by Cold War Kids

:)

Sarah-
Sarah- Posted Fri 18 Mar, 2011 10:39 PM Quote
i don't know if you'll be able to listen to this album from where you are, but i recently fell in love with missincat, one of fran's supports in berlin. her new album is called "wow".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QThVRvdKtg

[btw, i love love love the new beady eye album :-/ hehe. oh and i also thought the new noah and the whale was quite good, but i've only heard it once so far.]

mili
mili Posted Sat 19 Mar, 2011 9:45 AM Quote
Fran's supports in Rome were good, too, both have EPs on iTunes (samples also on MySpace): Foley Stewart and Sprained Cookies. I've been listening to them a lot lately

Apart from them I second the new Mogwai recommendation, it's excellent. Also the Noah and the Whale's latest seems interesting, I've been listening to it on Spotify, might have to buy it.

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Sun 20 Mar, 2011 2:28 PM Quote
Will have a listen to your suggestions, have already heard Noah and the Whale's album, it's nice :)

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Sun 20 Mar, 2011 3:07 PM Quote
Sarah- wrote:
i don't know if you'll be able to listen to this album from where you are, but i recently fell in love with missincat, one of fran's supports in berlin. her new album is called "wow".

[btw, i love love love the new beady eye album :-/ hehe. oh and i also thought the new noah and the whale was quite good, but i've only heard it once so far.]

I'm able to listen to it on Spotify :)

Sarah-
Sarah- Posted Sun 20 Mar, 2011 10:26 PM Quote
TheBoyWithAName wrote:
Sarah- wrote:

I'm able to listen to it on Spotify :)

aww, cool! well, i hope you like it ;)

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Mon 21 Mar, 2011 1:52 PM Quote

I listened to quite a bit of the new Noah And The Whale album (I had to go... I understand this is a rubbish way of listening to a new record, but that's life), and I was not impressed at all by the replacement of Tom Hobden's amazing violin by a lot of synth.
Hobden's violin to me was actually the best feature of the band. I totally miss it here. And what's the deal with that choir? I'm very frustrated.

I know it's not new at all for everyone else, but it was released in Argentina only last week: Sigh No More by Mumford & Sons. I'm loving it. :o)

mili
mili Posted Mon 21 Mar, 2011 2:42 PM Quote
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window wrote:

I listened to quite a bit of the new Noah And The Whale album (I had to go... I understand this is a rubbish way of listening to a new record, but that's life), and I was not impressed at all by the replacement of Tom Hobden's amazing violin by a lot of synth.
Hobden's violin to me was actually the best feature of the band. I totally miss it here. And what's the deal with that choir? I'm very frustrated.

I know it's not new at all for everyone else, but it was released in Argentina only last week: Sigh No More by Mumford & Sons. I'm loving it. :o)

I miss the violin, too, and the choir is starting to bug me. I have a problem with Elbow's choir, too, they sound a bit too much like ready-made sing-a-long songs for the tour.

I only found Mumford & Sons recently, but am not thrilled with the whole album, some really good songs dotted about, though!

SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Thu 31 Mar, 2011 10:07 PM Quote
I'm a little nervous putting this on here because I don't really know your taste in music, but here's a local (Denton, TX) band that released their first album this year. They played at a big festival in Texas called, SXSW. They're folky, but upbeat too.

This band is called, Seryn

mili
mili Posted Fri 01 Apr, 2011 7:33 AM Quote
This came out last year, but I doubt you've heard it. Nice pop from Finland:
http://www.delaytrees.com/

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Fri 01 Apr, 2011 12:58 PM Quote
Hey guys, thanks for keeping the suggestions coming, I'll have a listen to both your contributions, Sandy and Mili and let you know what I think of it :)

Pages [1] 2 3 Next All Times BST Current Time 2:50 AM