Travis

Best Music of 2010
disenFRANchised FM
disenFRANchised FM Posted Wed 23 Feb, 2011 5:22 PM Quote
Meant to post this earlier, but thought folks would enjoy.

Best Albums of 2010

Sorry, Fran, but Wreckorder didn't make the list.

Re: Best Music of 2010
Ursina
Ursina Posted Thu 24 Feb, 2011 10:58 AM Quote
very nice not sure though what this is doing in the 'Travis' section on travisonline.com hmmm ?

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Thu 24 Feb, 2011 1:26 PM Quote
Wreckorder should have made the list, and it certainly makes mine, but Broken Bells is a great album.

happy_to_hang_around
happy_to_hang_around Posted Thu 24 Feb, 2011 4:47 PM Quote
The Invisible Band is on the Top Albums of 2001 list.

Somewhere Else
Somewhere Else Posted Thu 24 Feb, 2011 11:17 PM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
Wreckorder should have made the list, and it certainly makes mine, but Broken Bells is a great album.

Agree , but it was released late 2010 and somehow I feel this album , just needs time and plenty of that is on its side, not a quick hit wonder . I have long lost faith in charts . They used to reflect quality , but not any longer. Its more fad.

If Buttercups can't chart with that quality, then its not worth looking at the charts .(I dont anyway now) I'd like to think Fran was happy with its progress and he is achieving his personal expectations.

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Fri 25 Feb, 2011 12:40 AM Quote
I don't know what you mean by "just needs time." You like Wreckorder. That's what matters. Fran has made albums in the past that are talked about over 10 years after release, and will continue to be talked about for many years in the future. However, I don't think Wreckorder will be talked about in 20 years time alongside The Man Who, even though it is a great album. Just enjoy it for it being a great album. :)

chromecoveredclone
chromecoveredclone Posted Sat 26 Feb, 2011 12:00 PM Quote
i couldn't stop listening Wreckorder last year, so my list certainly includes it. ;)

http://chromecoveredclone.tumblr.com/post/2157825398/my-fav-albums-in-2010

Somewhere Else
Somewhere Else Posted Sat 26 Feb, 2011 6:07 PM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
I don't know what you mean by "just needs time." You like Wreckorder. That's what matters. Fran has made albums in the past that are talked about over 10 years after release, and will continue to be talked about for many years in the future. However, I don't think Wreckorder will be talked about in 20 years time alongside The Man Who, even though it is a great album. Just enjoy it for it being a great album. :)

I think it will...eventually .

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 1:15 PM