Travis

Sharing Travis b-sides
Typing to Reach You
Typing to Reach You Posted Sun 30 Jan, 2011 2:43 AM Quote
Heya peeps. As some of you may know we had a site where us boardies could log on and share b-sides, rare Travis songs etc. It was a good idea. However the site seems to have gone now, unless I'm just not looking in the right place anymore. So I thought we could start something similar if folk are interested?

One option is Dropbox - http://www.dropbox.com/ - which I've used a wee bit. You basically download the dropbox software, which is effectively a shared folder (2GB for free version), and then anything you put in it can be shared with others who also have dropbox. Anyone can put something into a shared folder and all the other folk who are sharing it will see it and be able to download stuff from it. So could be pretty neat for us all sticking the b-sides and whatnot we have into it. Hopefully between us we have pretty much everything anyone could want!

So yeah, if you're interested in the dropbox idea, give it a download and then post the email you used to sign up to it on here (or PM me it if you prefer) so I can share the folder with you. :)

Re: Sharing Travis b-sides
Somewhere Else
Somewhere Else Posted Sun 30 Jan, 2011 1:34 PM Quote
so thats what you good have been masterminding in your absence! great idea :)

Typing to Reach You
Typing to Reach You Posted Mon 31 Jan, 2011 8:57 PM Quote
There are about 40 or so b-sides in the folder at the mo folks. Drop me your email so I can add you if you want in.

If you have a higher-quality version of a song that is already in the folder, feel free to replace the old one by the way. Oh and there's a fair chance that if you bought a song from iTunes it might not be shareable because of various protection magic Apple use. But it's worth a shot.

TheInvisibleBoy
TheInvisibleBoy Posted Mon 31 Jan, 2011 10:19 PM Quote
Hey guys, I have all of the B-Sides for the singles (81 in total I think). I'll download it and stick the folder I have them in, in it if I can find it, I'd have to look around as it's in my iTunes thing.

Actually it's not allowing me to download it onto my laptop, haven't a clue why, but if you want the B-Sides I could email them to you and you could stick them into the file to share between everyone?

mili
mili Posted Tue 01 Feb, 2011 8:41 AM Quote
Great idea! Good to get them all in one place again. Thanks for sorting it out!

roxytobias
roxytobias Posted Tue 01 Feb, 2011 5:07 PM Quote
my b-side collection is in my other laptop which is broken as of the moment so i couldn't contribute yet. but this idea is awesome. :) thanks!

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Tue 01 Feb, 2011 5:27 PM Quote
Very cool idea Luke, you clever person you. ;) I'll take a look at it. I've never heard about it before. How safe are the things inside? I mean, can they be removed or deleted etc?

Typing to Reach You
Typing to Reach You Posted Tue 01 Feb, 2011 6:01 PM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
Very cool idea Luke, you clever person you. ;) I'll take a look at it. I've never heard about it before. How safe are the things inside? I mean, can they be removed or deleted etc?

I have to admit I'm not sure if anyone can delete the files or not. When you drag a file to your harddrive I'd imagine it copies the file rather than moves it, but just be aware of this peeps and put a copy of the file back in if you accidentally take it out!

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Tue 01 Feb, 2011 6:20 PM Quote
That's a good point. I hadn't thought of that actually. I was just thinking about the files being removed from the folder. On all download share sites the files seem to be removed after a certain amount of time.

Typing to Reach You
Typing to Reach You Posted Tue 01 Feb, 2011 10:35 PM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
That's a good point. I hadn't thought of that actually. I was just thinking about the files being removed from the folder. On all download share sites the files seem to be removed after a certain amount of time.

I'm pretty sure they don't expire or get removed automatically. :)

FranFlower
FranFlower Posted Sat 05 Feb, 2011 6:06 PM Quote
I think dropbox is a great idea for sharing Travis B-sides (and other stuff)! I use this myself, and it's very easy to both install and use. Bring it on!

Are
Are Posted Tue 08 Feb, 2011 1:57 PM Quote
Hi everyone! I haven't been here in a long while...

I also use Dropbox – great service and great program! I'd like to see if I miss any b-sides too. I have about 35 singles on CD, but there are most likely still B-sides I've never heard.

Could Itunes exclusive songs be shared too? I only buy physical releases, so there are a lot of songs in the last four years I've never heard.

Typing to Reach You
Typing to Reach You Posted Tue 08 Feb, 2011 5:54 PM Quote
Are wrote:
Hi everyone! I haven't been here in a long while...

I also use Dropbox – great service and great program! I'd like to see if I miss any b-sides too. I have about 35 singles on CD, but there are most likely still B-sides I've never heard.

Could Itunes exclusive songs be shared too? I only buy physical releases, so there are a lot of songs in the last four years I've never heard.

Hi there, unfortunately I'm not sure whether songs purchased on iTunes can be shared. I've a feeling Apple use special witchcraft to stop people doing so. Not completely sure though, and if so there may be ways around it.

If you (and anyone) wants to be added to the folder to check it out, gimmie an inbox message with your email so I can add you. We've got half-a-dozen folk or so at the moment, more would be cool. Are, if you fancy sharing some of those b-sides you've got, we'd like that very much! ;D

irenesfor
irenesfor Posted Tue 08 Feb, 2011 11:33 PM Quote
Great idea!
I'd like to be in, I'll send you a PM :)

Are
Are Posted Thu 10 Feb, 2011 12:04 AM Quote
Typing to Reach You wrote:
Are, if you fancy sharing some of those b-sides you've got, we'd like that very much! ;D
Thank you for adding me! As soon as I get the time to rip b-sides off the CDs, I'll put them in the folder!

Pages [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Times BST Current Time 5:58 AM