Travis

Weird things your mind thinks about
minnmess
minnmess Posted Tue 24 Aug, 2010 3:07 PM Quote
I just had an inner dialogue with myself about how crossing your legs is weird. Why do we sit and immediately put one leg over the other and leave it hanging there?

Why am I thinking about that?

Re: Weird things your mind thinks about
Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Tue 24 Aug, 2010 3:15 PM Quote
Many reasons, especially for women.
1. Fidgetyness
2. Closes that awkward area if you're wearing a skirt.
3. If you have short legs, it looks better than having both feet dangle like a child.
4. Somehow it looks more dainty than sitting there with both feet flat on the floor in front of you.
5. Makes your legs look a teensy bit slimmer?

That's all I can think of right now. And we need other answers from a man's perspective.

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Tue 24 Aug, 2010 3:26 PM Quote
too many to focus on one .

minnmess
minnmess Posted Tue 24 Aug, 2010 5:21 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
Many reasons, especially for women.
1. Fidgetyness
2. Closes that awkward area if you're wearing a skirt.
3. If you have short legs, it looks better than having both feet dangle like a child.
4. Somehow it looks more dainty than sitting there with both feet flat on the floor in front of you.
5. Makes your legs look a teensy bit slimmer?

That's all I can think of right now. And we need other answers from a man's perspective.

but I dont think of any of those reasons. I just sit down and cross my legs. I think it is conditioning.

I also overthink hockey somethings. I realize I spend way too much time thinking about an activity in which people have sharpe metal objects on their feet, skating on frozen water, trying to put a small black thing in a net.

But what weird things go through your minds?

fenchurch
fenchurch Posted Tue 24 Aug, 2010 5:29 PM Quote
I find I'm constantly doing maths in my head. Like counting steps or trying to calculate how much sq feet a room is, or if I'm reading a book calculating what percentage of pages I've read. I don't even notice I'm doing it.

Apparently crossing your legs is not socially acceptable in Turkey, my friend got told off for it. Actually she got her leg whacked for it :O

Typing to Reach You
Typing to Reach You Posted Tue 24 Aug, 2010 7:27 PM Quote
I think crossing your legs is just a comfy way of sitting. And possibly warmer because you're a wee bit more huddled up. Or maybe it has psychological reasons to do with insecurity like allegedly crossing your arms is. :P

minnmess
minnmess Posted Tue 24 Aug, 2010 7:37 PM Quote
For the record, I wasnt really seeking answers as to why we cross our legs, but your answers are entertaining.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Wed 25 Aug, 2010 2:29 AM Quote
I think about how good certain celebrities must smell. Also I try and think of ways I could stay well hydrated without having to pee so much.

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Wed 25 Aug, 2010 1:52 PM Quote
why did i have a dream about being a South American cop ?

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Wed 25 Aug, 2010 6:16 PM Quote
Well lately I've been wondering a lot if I tend to think about weird stuff (thanks Kristy).

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Wed 25 Aug, 2010 6:34 PM Quote
ricv64 wrote:
why did i have a dream about being a South American cop ?

It was a nightmare, wasn't it?

I don't know if I think about weird things, but I've always got a song in my head. Always. And it can be any song at all. Haha.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Wed 25 Aug, 2010 6:52 PM Quote
megg_inc wrote:
Well lately I've been wondering a lot if I tend to think about weird stuff (thanks Kristy).

Anytime, friend.

Juli, the last couple days Ive woken up with songs in my head. Like, the SECOND I get up. How does it have time to get in there?

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Wed 25 Aug, 2010 7:18 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
Juli, the last couple days Ive woken up with songs in my head. Like, the SECOND I get up. How does it have time to get in there?

I don't know! I always wake up with a song in my head. And sometimes they're songs I haven't heard in months or even years. I have no idea how they get inside my head.
I spent all day yesterday singing a song that was very famous in the early 90s, which I haven't heard ever since. What the hell??

moo_the_evil_boffin
moo_the_evil_boffin Posted Wed 25 Aug, 2010 8:18 PM Quote
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window wrote:
minnmess wrote:

I don't know! I always wake up with a song in my head. And sometimes they're songs I haven't heard in months or even years. I have no idea how they get inside my head.
I spent all day yesterday singing a song that was very famous in the early 90s, which I haven't heard ever since. What the hell??

Ooh I wake up with songs in my head too! Seems like a common thing although it seems weird to everyone who experiences it :-P

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Thu 26 Aug, 2010 2:35 PM Quote
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window wrote:

It was a nightmare, wasn't it?

not really ...i had a weird beard in it. probaly from watching the news about the miners in Chile

Pages [1] 2 3 4 5 Next All Times BST Current Time 6:27 AM